Asher Brown, 13, shot himself in head because of bullies (Houston, TX)

pufnstuf

"Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalance
Reaction score
OUSTON - A 13-year-old boy has died and his parents say he was bullied to death.

Just one month into the 2010-2011 school year, David and Amy Truong say their son was fed up with his classmates calling him names.

Asher Brown came home from school Thursday while his parents were at work. They say he took his own life so he would not have to be bullied anymore.

"He was just such a sweet boy," says Brown's mother Amy Truong.

David Truong says he arrived home finding his stepson shot to death.

"I thought he was laying there reading a book or something. My son put a gun to his head because he couldn't take what he was hearing and the constant teasing," says David Truong.

snip/

The Truongs say over this past summer, Brown confided in them that he was gay. The parents say the conversation went so well, they believe he went on to confess to children at his school.

"They called him different names for being homosexual. He just had enough," says David Truong.

MORE: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100925-bullied-teen-suicide

This angers me terribly. For us to be a civilized society, this happens all too frequently.

Poor child. Children are so mean!! Prayers for the family.

:furious: I'd like to direct people to the comments section of that news link.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100925-bullied-teen-suicide

Read "A Concerned Student". They speak about the child actually hiding under his desk from the bullying and the claim is that the teachers did absolutely nothing about it. :furious:

There are other complaints from parents about the teachers at the school not dealing with bullying. If these things are indeed true people have some answering to do.

I commend the parents for supporting their son with his sexuality. It's a shame the rest of the kid's parents couldn't be as big and teach their children to be excepting loving human beings. And it's a huge shame the adults in this situation couldn't do their jobs and stand up for this kid either. The best people got hurt the worst. Asher and his poor family.

RIP Asher. You where a beautiful boy inside and out who deserved to live a happy life.
:rose:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158