A Stolen Life - Jaycee's New Book

joga

Reaction score
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20429411,00.html

from the article, more at link.

"Jaycee Dugard's incredible story of survival during 18 years of captivity until her 2009 rescue, will be published next year. And the author: Dugard herself.

Publisher Simon & Schuster said in a release that Dugard, now 30, will tell of her life from the time of her 1991 abduction to how she is faring now. Financial terms of her book deal were not divulged."

Good for her! :dance:She deserves to be the one to profit from her story for all the years of hell she was put through, and the negligence of the parole board in not locating her by not checking... This is one book I will definitely find the money to buy and read- and I can practically guarantee she won't be telling Garrido's "heart-warming" story:boohoo:!!!:woohoo:
I can't wait to hear what she has to say and how she is faring!

and i think it's so amazing she's writing it herself! i'm so proud of her, and i don't even know her.... :)

I will definately buy it and I hope the process helps heal her trauma and I hope the money helps secure a future for her and her daughters.

GO GIRL GO :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
this is going to be very cleansing for JC !!!

I wonder or think that she will have to edit some of it out for the girls sake.

GO JC GO :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Jaycee continues to amaze and astound me! I hope writing her story helps her heal and pulls her closer to her Mom, sister and girls, and through that further away from the horrors of her past.

I definitely do not think she will tell all to protect her daughters.
Or to keep her privacy privet.
but I will read that for sure.

This is a great way for her to help herself in the healing process as well as helping others. Good for her..........I for one will buy the book, my 12 year old dd was so inspired by Jaycee's strength that she wrote an essay about her for school last year when she was found....

I DID NOT KNOW WHRE TO PUT THIS ONE.

Jaycee Dugard – 1992 News Footage of song JAYCEE LEE

This is a montage of original news clips from January of 1992. It features archival footage from the four news network affiliates located in ...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdBDCnHohkQ[/ame]

It gave me the chills - God Bless you JC - Merry Christmas to you and the family. :)

I don't know that leaving parts out of the book is going to help... because they are going to come out in the trial anyway, right?

If I was her I think I might wait till I had a better idea of what would come out at trial. Then I'd have a better idea of what, if anything I should leave out of the book.

Or she could just write a sequel after the trial too.

S&S acquires Jaycee Dugard memoir

Simon & Schuster has acquired the memoir of Jaycee Dugard, the American 11-year-old who was kidnapped and held captive for 18 years by Philip Garrido, bearing two children by him.

Kerri Sharp, S&S UK non-fiction senior commissioning editor, acquired UK and Commonwealth rights including ANZ from S&S US, which bought world rights from Mort Janklow of Janklow & Nesbit Associates, and Nancy Seltzer, a representative for the Dugard family.

>>>>>>>snip

Sharp said "Only once or twice in a career does one get the chance to publish such an extraordinary story of survival and courage."

more at link>>>>>>>>>

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/ss-acquires-jaycee-dugard-memoir.html

Publisher description for "a Stolen life"
In the summer of 1991 I was a normal kid. I did normal things. I had friends and a mother who loved me. I was just like you. Until the day my life was stolen.

For eighteen years I was a prisoner. I was an object for someone to use and abuse. For eighteen years I was not allowed to speak my own name. I became a mother and was forced to be a sister. For eighteen years I survived an impossible situation.

On August 26, 2009, I took my name back. My name is Jaycee Lee Dugard. I don't think of myself as a victim. I survived.

A Stolen Life is my story—in my own words, in my own way, exactly as I remember it.

---

The pine cone is a symbol that represents the seed of a new beginning for me. To help facilitate new beginnings, with the support of animal-assisted therapy, the J A Y C Foundation provides support and services for the timely treatment of families recovering from abduction and the aftermath of traumatic experiences—families like my own who need to learn how to heal. In addition, the J A Y C Foundation hopes to facilitate awareness in schools about the important need to care for one another.

Our motto is "Just Ask Yourself to . . . Care!"

A portion of my proceeds from this memoir will be donated to The J A Y C Foundation Inc.

www.thejaycfoundation.org

Plus she has her interview with Diane Sawyer coming on soon.

What a brave girl, so proud of her.

Plus she has her interview with Diane Sawyer coming on soon.

What a brave girl, so proud of her.

I just posted this in another thread, I think the special is this Sunday ... July 10th?

Yesterday I was running errands and listening to the radio in the car - a Los Angeles talk show program and the host and the lady that does the news every half hour were discussing Jaycee's book and her upcoming interview tomorrow night. They said that people who have kindle and have pre-ordered the book received a preview. They both said that they were stunned by what Jaycee had to endure. They played an excerpt from tomorrow's interview.

The book will be released on Tuesday, July 12th.

Hoping I get a chance to buy it soon...

Has anyone bought this yet? I decided to buy the Ebook 1AM this morning after someone in the ABC Special thread said we should all buy her thread. I was a little hesitant at first but decided to get it to support Jaycee. I am about 50 pages in and OMG this poor girl. Some of it is a bit hard to read just because of all what she went through. Just to kind of warn you that it does give a bit of detail (I'm not saying extensive detail or anything like that but mentions things) of what he did to her. I can't believe what she has endured. I am 53 pages into it so far. It doesn't look to be that big of a book only 198 pages in it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back