Teen mom Amber Portwood investigated for assault

6angels

Reaction score
My daughter watches Teen Mom and I've seen episodes also. I think Leah would be better off without mom or dad...at least until they grow up (Leah probably will before they do). They're too immature to be raising a child and seem to be all about getting revenge on the other.

It's about time, that poor baby should never be in that kind of violent environment. It pizzes me off to think that nothing has been done until now, it seems that no one reported Amber until after the show aired:furious:

It's about time. Does anyone elese watch this show? CPS needs to save Leah and FAST! If Amber is abusing Gary in front of the camera's and yelling at Leah ( and tossing her in her baby bed the way she is) while MTV is taping I fear for what is going on behind closed doors :(

http://heraldbulletin.com/breakingnews/x1535831910/Anderson-Teen-Mom-being-investigated-for-assault

http://www.mtv.com/videos/teen-mom-season-2-ep-10-lashing-out/1648912/playlist.jhtml

FINALLY!!!!

Amber f*cking punched Gary so hard his head bounced off the wall behind him on last episode! Also, amber made a comment about 'hitting Leah's hands' when she is doing something Amber doesn't want to.

Amber's a crazy beyotch and needs some srs help.

The worst part? There are mature adults who film for MTV and they just turn the other way and ignore it. The herald article has a few lines about being witnesses to crimes and possibilities of being charged with not reporting anything.

This girl is out of frickin' control! When I saw her punch him I could not believe that NO ONE called the police.

UNBELIEVABLE!!

I think she should have been investigated a long time ago and charged. She reminds me of a bully, so quick to yell at Gary and call him a fat ---. I'm sure there are other people out there not just Gary that are victims of her abuse.

I have followed the show since day one. Amber has always been my least favorite for many reasons. My observations of her are that she lazy, selfish, self-centered, unintelligent, and abusive. She needs to do more then just growing up. She needs to stop and realize that she is to blame for the issue at hand. Sure, Gray needs to get his lazy butt off the couch too! And, perhaps it wouldn’t hurt him to grow some b***s. But, he seems to really love Amber and Leah. He is defiantly the better parent in this hot mess. I watched the after interview clip where Amber talks about being sorry and doesn’t know why she acted that way. She then goes on to argue with Gray towards the end of the clip. I find to hard to believe she is truly remorsefully. I believe to remorse comes with a sense of humility. You don’t say I am sorry and then try and justify your actions. Either you screwed up and you are truly sorry or you’re not!

I've been watching this show since it first started. Amber has always had an anger problem and I am glad she is being investigated. I have not watched this week's episode yet, but saw previews. I am surprised nobody complained to MTV for allowing her to behave the way she does, especially the way she gets so frustrated and angry at Leah.

I also watch this show and was DISGUSTED with Amber's behavior. Gary needs to gain custody of Leah and run for the hills with her.. Amber is CRAZY!!! She really needs to get some help.. My husband and I watched that episode and was just shocked that she was allowed to hit him like that on national television..

Amber has been a ticking time bomb for quite some time. She seemed to get better in the first season after seeing her doctor for some psychiatric medications. Each passing episode I've been convinced she's no longer taking them. Leah really needs to be in safe home till her parents can get their issues sorted.

The producers are very aware of the issues.. ever noticed the domestic violence prevention number after every instance of Amber's outbursts? They didn't intervene because ratings were more important.

October is domestic violence awareness month. I truly hope Amber & Gary can get themselves together. Leah needs them to be mature responsible adults.

MTV has a post-show clip featuring Gary and Amber. Amber is very obviously under the influence of something. At one point it looks as though her eyes are about to roll back into her head. Her speech was quite stilted, not slurred, just sounded like it took a lot of effort. She even started beakin off at Gary during the clip too.

Jenny Crack needs to lay off the pipe.

I watched this episode earlier this evening and noticed several times during the broadcast they played the PSA that goes something like, "Domestic violence is never okay. If you or someone you know..., etc.". Hmm... I guess they're trying to do a little damage control since it apparently went unreported by the MTV crew.

I'm just shocked he didn't deck her back. I don't think this is a show for any network, and whatever can be done to help the baby = the better. Why are they glorifying teen pregnancy?

I'm just shocked he didn't deck her back. I don't think this is a show for any network, and whatever can be done to help the baby = the better. Why are they glorifying teen pregnancy?
i totally agree with you mgardner! i have thought the same thing since they started that 16 and pregnant show. sure it gets ratings and makes money for them, but it makes it seem like a good idea to have a baby when you're really young and its not a good idea. those girls get paid for being on there so even when they are complaining about being broke its just for the show, they arent broke, they get paid. on the other hand, real teen moms dont have all the support and attention they get. its not real, reality tv never is real. thats what scares me so much about the situation with amber and gary. what is on camera is only a tiny bit of what goes on behind closed doors and poor little leah has been treated like carp on camera so i can just imagine how ugly it gets when the camera isnt there. i dont even watch reality tv but my daughters watch it and the youngest one recently moved back in with me so i watched it with her. i was astounded at what went on and nobody stepped in. do those camera people have no responsibility to stop abuse? i understand they are supposed to pretend like they arent there but if a baby is being abused either physically or emotionally then they should have come out of the woodwork. effects of that sort of violent atmosphere at such a young age can be devastating to little leah all the way into adulthood! it should never be allowed to go on when there are supposedly mature professional people right there in the room. shame on mtv for not stopping it immediately!!!!!

and once leah is in a safe and loving place, out of harms way, then they really need to get amber the help she needs. girls her age dont act that way just because they act that way. there is a reason she is so angry. something in her childhood made her think that behavior is ok. if she hadnt seen that violence in her home she wouldnt do it now. leah comes first and she needs to be safe, and second amber and gary need help too.

I don't watch this show but my teens do.

I have seen snips and bits while cooking in the great room and they are there watching TV.

I can't comment what is right for this child, but IMHO watching parents argue violently is child abuse. Plain and simple.

Parents argue, but to scream at one another while a child stands by is just beyond acceptable. Keep it civil or walk into another room and argue (without screaming) until your hearts content. That's just my humble opinion. Can you imagine how insecure this child feels to see her parents fight and her Mother physically assault her Daddy? Lordy Be.

I like this show but I could never stand Amber. She is nuts. It makes me sick to my stomach to see how she treats Lean and Gary and to see her screaming profanities, hitting Gary, etc. in front of Leah.

I hope she loses custody. As the first poster stated, if this is what she does IN FRONT of the camera, what does she do in private????

P.S. I'm wondering if she might be on some type of drug, other than the ones prescribed to her? Her anger is just way out of control and I wonder if it wasn't exacerbated by other pills.

Anyone notice how much weight Amber has lost over the course of the seasons? I'm wondering (like one of the other posters) if she has a substance abuse problem. I also wondered if she was on medication previously and if it had caused weight gain. That can be a deterrent in taking meds (especially for young females) and maybe she went off her meds because she wanted to lose weight.

Anyone notice how much weight Amber has lost over the course of the seasons? I'm wondering (like one of the other posters) if she has a substance abuse problem. I also wondered if she was on medication previously and if it had caused weight gain. That can be a deterrent in taking meds (especially for young females) and maybe she went off her meds because she wanted to lose weight.

I noticed that too. I also noticed that she almost always seemed made-up, cute outfit, hair just right, etc. And now she hardly ever appears to have on makeup, hair is a mess.

and once leah is in a safe and loving place, out of harms way, then they really need to get amber the help she needs. girls her age dont act that way just because they act that way. there is a reason she is so angry. something in her childhood made her think that behavior is ok. if she hadnt seen that violence in her home she wouldnt do it now. leah comes first and she needs to be safe, and second amber and gary need help too.

I wonder what happened to Amber too, I think it is odd we have never seen her mother as far as I know. I remember seeing her dad but I don't think I have ever seen her mom. I really think something happened there.

I don't remember what magazine it was in (US Weekly, People, etc) but I saw an article in it while at the dentist a month or 2 ago. It talked about how she lost the weight but I didn't get to finish it because I was done so quickly.

She needs to get her anger under control or something more horrible will happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back