NJ NJ - James Hires, 18, Cherry Hill, 12 Oct 1981

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1285DMNJ

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1285dmnj.html

James William Hires
Missing since October 12, 1981 from Cherry Hill Township, Camden County, New Jersey.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: April 29, 1963
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'11"; 150 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Medium complexion.
•Marks, Scars: Horizontal scar in left eyebrow. Fractured right clavicle, fractured upper left arm, discoloration on the left knee.
•Clothing: White shirt, white pants, tan v-neck sweater, brown jacket, and dress shoes.
•Dentals: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Hires was last seen on October 12, 1981 in Cherry Hill Township, NJ. He left his parents home around 14:30 and stated he was going to pick up his brother. At 16:00 his brother called to find out if anyone was coming to pick him up. James was operating a family car which was found parked and locked on October 18, 1981 at the Philadelphia Airport, Lot D.
He may have been seen sometime in 1983 in San Francisco, California.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Cherry Hill Township Police Department
Investigative Unit
856-488-7833

Agency Case Number: 81-31428

NCIC Number: M-092861967
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
California Department of Justice
Cherry Hill Police

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hires_james.html

Do not find James listed in NamUs at this time.

Quick search of archives yielded no results.

James has been missing almost 29 years. Come home soon.

Attachments

• JWHires.jpg
    JWHires.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 39
I found a john Doe from San Francisco 1983 That has some resemblance I think http://coroner.smcgov.org/john-doe-83-26-case-83-1063

The Doe Network:
Case File 1285DMNJ

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1285dmnj.html

James William Hires
Missing since October 12, 1981 from Cherry Hill Township, Camden County, New Jersey.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: April 29, 1963
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'11"; 150 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Medium complexion.
•Marks, Scars: Horizontal scar in left eyebrow. Fractured right clavicle, fractured upper left arm, discoloration on the left knee.
•Clothing: White shirt, white pants, tan v-neck sweater, brown jacket, and dress shoes.
•Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Hires was last seen on October 12, 1981 in Cherry Hill Township, NJ. He left his parents home around 14:30 and stated he was going to pick up his brother. At 16:00 his brother called to find out if anyone was coming to pick him up. James was operating a family car which was found parked and locked on October 18, 1981 at the Philadelphia Airport, Lot D.
He may have been seen sometime in 1983 in San Francisco, California.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Cherry Hill Township Police Department
Investigative Unit
856-488-7833

Agency Case Number: 81-31428

NCIC Number: M-092861967
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
California Department of Justice
Cherry Hill Police

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hires_james.html

Do not find James listed in NamUs at this time.

Quick search of archives yielded no results.

James has been missing almost 29 years. Come home soon.

James William Hires
  • james_william_hires_1.jpg
Hires, circa 1981
  • Missing Since 10/12/1981
  • Missing From Cherry Hill Township, New Jersey
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth04/29/1963 (56)
  • Age 18 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'11, 150 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A white button-down oxford shirt, a tan v-neck sweater, a light brown zip-up jacket, off-white slacks and brown suede loafers.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Hires has a skin discoloration on his left knee. He has a horizontal scar on his left eyebrow. His upper left arm has been fractured and his collarbone has been fractured on the right side.
Details of Disappearance
Hires disappeared on October 12, 1981 from Cherry Hill Township, New Jersey. He was carrying $1100 in cash at the time of his disappearance. Hires left his parents' home at approximately 2:30 p.m. and said he was going to pick up his brother in the family car. At 4:00 p.m., his brother called and said he had not been picked up.

The vehicle Hires was last seen driving was found locked and abandoned on October 18, in Lot D at the Philadelphia Airport in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Few details are available in Hires's case. He is missing under unknown circumstances.
Investigating Agency
  • Cherry Hill Police Department
  • 856-488-7833
  • Camden County Sheriff's Office
  • 856-225-5470
  • 856-225-7661
Source Information

I sent an email yesterday to the Cherryhill Police Dept, and attached a read receipt. So far, the email hasn't even been read. I think today I may send an email to the contact listed on the UID's page.

I sent an email yesterday to the Cherryhill Police Dept, and attached a read receipt. So far, the email hasn't even been read. I think today I may send an email to the contact listed on the UID's page.
any update?

Maybe as a policy they don't contact people back? Or it could be a sloooow process to coordinate looking into a possible match. I agree it was one to submit, just in case.
Some agencies get back to me, some don't. James's NamUs profile hasn't been updated since last year, so I don't know if they are just blowing me off or not. I may see who else I can contact in his case.

So James's NamUs page was modified today (first time since last year) - not sure how if they added more rule outs/exclusions - as of today he is at 33. Fingers crossed they are looking into the possible match I sent - the UID isn't listed on the rule out list yet.

So James's NamUs page was modified today (first time since last year) - not sure how if they added more rule outs/exclusions - as of today he is at 33. Fingers crossed they are looking into the possible match I sent - the UID isn't listed on the rule out list yet.
Not only do they look so similar but both wearing tan tops and james described as wearing white pants and UID wearing tan or grey pants, could easily have been white before element damage.

I found a blog discussing his disappearance. There's a comment from someone claiming to be his brother. The comment says the San Francisco sighting is wrong and has been disproven.
James Hires

It would really be nice if James's brother would come on here and see about the possible match that I submitted. I only heard back from NamUs when I first submitted it 3 weeks ago, I really hope they look into it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back