GA - Michelle Spinks, 2, dies of rape injuries, DeKalb County, 2 Oct 2010

fhc

Reaction score
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/25260668/detail.html

Ellison Matthew, 22, was initially arrested after police found the 2-year-old girl unresponsive at her home on Brockett Road in DeKalb County, DeKalb County police spokesman Jason Gagnon said. Matthew was charged on Sunday.

Several kids were under Matthew's care, police said. They said their mother wasn't home when her toddler became unconscious.

:( That poor baby. When is this going to stop? When are we as a society going to finally start taking this seriously enough that we put these men--and I hate to use the word "men" to refer to them--out of business and stop letting them hurt babies again and again and again?

You know I have three little daughters. I have been called a man-hater because I have said if God forbid anything were to happen to my husband, I wouldn't date until they were out of the house. And because I consider a stepdad or mom's boyfriend in the home of a friend akin to an untrained pitbull or an unfenced pool. Well, every single day I read not just one but three, four, five stories just like this one. I don't think I'm that crazy to be protective of them.

Pugglesworth--I agree with you on many levels. Life can be cruel. However, I really need to speak up for step-fathers. There are some gems and one is my dear son-in-law. He has been there for my daughter and her daughter for the last eight years. He's the one that goes to the soccer games (and provides the snacks), helps with the homework, and gets my granddaughter to the bus on time. Both parents are chefs and work unbelievably long hours. I knew that this man was "the one" when I watched him pick up my granddaughter once at our house. She was sound asleep and he gently gathered her up in his arms. I watched as she snuggled into him as our daughter tucked the blanket around her. In that second, I knew. We did not let that man go.

And guess what? Yesterday we found out that he's going to be a Daddy. Of course, he already is to us. They're just expecting their second child.

:( That poor baby. When is this going to stop? When are we as a society going to finally start taking this seriously enough that we put these men--and I hate to use the word "men" to refer to them--out of business and stop letting them hurt babies again and again and again?

You know I have three little daughters. I have been called a man-hater because I have said if God forbid anything were to happen to my husband, I wouldn't date until they were out of the house. And because I consider a stepdad or mom's boyfriend in the home of a friend akin to an untrained pitbull or an unfenced pool. Well, every single day I read not just one but three, four, five stories just like this one. I don't think I'm that crazy to be protective of them.

I'm sorry, but I find the mothers in these stories (so many stories!) at fault. There are so many who seem to be missing the basic maternal instincts. So many who seem to believe it's more important to have a man - any man - than to protect their babies. As a mother, I just don't get that at all. It's not normal or natural.

I was very fortunate to have met a wonderful, loving man who has been father to my children from the time they were little bitty. Their bio father has not contacted them for years, but their stepdaddy has been there every step of the way. He adopted them as his own many years ago and is their daddy in every way.

I NEVER would have exposed my children to this man had I not known he would be a wonderful, loving Dad to them.

I'm sorry, but I find the mothers in these stories (so many stories!) at fault. There are so many who seem to be missing the basic maternal instincts. So many who seem to believe it's more important to have a man - any man - than to protect their babies. As a mother, I just don't get that at all. It's not normal or natural.

I was very fortunate to have met a wonderful, loving man who has been father to my children from the time they were little bitty. Their bio father has not contacted them for years, but their stepdaddy has been there every step of the way. He adopted them as his own many years ago and is their daddy in every way.

I NEVER would have exposed my children to this man had I not known he would be a wonderful, loving Dad to them.

Fairy1, we share the exact same story. There are many good men out there. Granted, they are hard to find, as we all know the saying "all the good ones are taken". They are there. It's up to the mom to be cautious and get to know the man very well before she invites them into her child's life. This is so sad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back