GUILTY NH - Wesley Botelho, 1, drowned in bathtub, Manchester, 20 July 2010

Angels_Not_Forgotten

Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I did a search but did not find a thread on this woman. Sorry if I just missed it!

http://www.wmur.com/news/25271980/detail.html

A Manchester mother has been charged with negligent homicide in the death of her 1-year-old over the summer.

Police said that in July, Jessica Botelho, 23, was on the Internet on her porch for 40 minutes while her son nearly drowned in the bathtub.
Downstairs neighbor Hulk Mayberry said Botelho banged on the door of the apartment he shares with his mother, Ola, after pulling her son from the bathtub.

"She came down banging on the door, yelling 'Help! Help my kid!'" Hulk Mayberry said. "When we opened up the door, her kid was pale white, blue, foaming at the mouth. I called 911."
The Mayberrys said they started yelling for Botelho to start CPR on the toddler while they tried to get help.

IIRC, there was a thread on this case... I will see if I can find it.

ETA: Oh, wait, no - that was another mother online while her son drowned in the pool. Lordy. :(

She left ANOTHER 2 yr child in the bathtub while taking the 1yr old to the hospital????? I don't leave my 4 yr old unattended in the bathtub, not even for a minute to grab a towel!!! What is wrong with this young woman?! Did it not occur to her that the baby had just drowned there was a very good chance the 2 yr old might as well.... poor sweet babies, I'm so sorry you were born to someone so incapable of caring for you!

Whyaduck, I searched and searched with that case in mind. It really blew my mind that its a different story! t's so hard for me to understand this sutuation. One child drowned the other so easily could have. I mean, why could she not at least VERY least, surf the web in the bathroom? If she were on the porch, it must have been a laptop.

dear god
sterilization really should be part of the sentence

dear god
sterilization really should be part of the sentence
Judge Judy's favorite quote is really appropriate to this young mother: "Beauty fades, Dumb is forever!"

Whyaduck, I searched and searched with that case in mind. It really blew my mind that its a different story! t's so hard for me to understand this sutuation. One child drowned the other so easily could have. I mean, why could she not at least VERY least, surf the web in the bathroom? If she were on the porch, it must have been a laptop.
She was probably hijacking a neighbor's wi-fi.

Another dreadful story that leaves me shaking my head. I'm with the rest of you who wouldn't turn your back on a child in a bathtub for a moment. But forty minutes??? Even if neither had drowned, the water would've been ice cold. And then you wonder how often this happened in the past.

I did find the comments following the article interesting. The woman's half sister had a lot to say.

Why does it say "son nearly drowned"? He did didn't he? I'm confused? It says one son died and as she was leaving the house she yelled something like "Oh my other kid" and the neigor ran upstairs and got the 2yr old out of the tub because she left him sitting up there.
40 minutes she left them alone in the tub and I bet the only reason she went in to check on them is because the 2yr old probably was causing a fuss or something. I can't even imagine what that poor 2yr old was seeing... even though he is little he probably knew something wasn't right.

Hi AM528. I believe the wording is because the boy was alive for a bit then took off of life support. but yes, correct, the youngest died, THEN she decided wow, need to take the 2 year old out to I guess :( so very sad.

Ah, didn't even think about that Bessie. I suppose that was the case :(

From May 2012:

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120522/NEWS03/705239972&template=mobileart

Hillsborough County Superior Court North Judge David Garfunkel sentenced Jessica Botelho, 24, to five to 10 years on a manslaughter conviction and to a concurrent one to three years on a reckless conduct conviction. She will be credited for 167 days she has already been behind bars.

Botelho was convicted in February by a Hillsborough County Superior Court North jury in the July 2010 death of her infant son, Wesley...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back