Identified! PA - Butler Co., Remains found in woods, Oct'10 - Thomas Zinza

Prayers for the family that is about to receive the worst news in their lifes. RIP.

Yes, this is someone's loved one. I just hope this body is identified. So many aren't.

May this person RIP and prayers for the friends and family.

Some poor soul is going to get to come home and some family is about to find out what happened to their loved one.

This has got to be the worst day for anyone. I felt I was not equipped to cope when I heard my mom was passing, (Not enough notice when one passes suddenly). But, to be told you just lost a loved one is just too much.

Prayers to the family.

Goz

UID person's remains found yesterday in the woods of Butler Co., Allegheny twp.
http://www.wpxi.com/news/25290347/detail.html

Passionflower,

I readyour posting last night right before I went to bed. I had a dream that these were the remains of Cherie Mahan, (in my dream the news reported they were her's) ... I dream like this a lot. Especially when I go on this website and watch Criminal Minds before bed...

Passionflower,

I readyour posting last night right before I went to bed. I had a dream that these were the remains of Cherie Mahan, (in my dream the news reported they were her's) ... I dream like this a lot. Especially when I go on this website and watch Criminal Minds before bed...

That would be wonderful, but Cherie would be skeleton remains after all these years.
The way I take the news cast, the remains have to 'dry out' before autopsy.
Makes me think that it is more of a body and clothes???
My relative works in sherrif department but is closed mouth.
DARN!

That would be wonderful, but Cherie would be skeleton remains after all these years.
The way I take the news cast, the remains have to 'dry out' before autopsy.
Makes me think that it is more of a body and clothes???
My relative works in sherrif department but is closed mouth.
DARN!

Tell your relative to give you a hint... LOL

I have no idea on earth why I dreamnt it was Cherie Mahan, maybe because she is from Butler County also... who knows.

I haven't seen anything else on the news about the remains, I wish they would at least give us the sex or race of the person... or even if the remains were skeletal or decomposed, something....

Here is his Charley Page (Posted in full so that it will still be available after it is removed from the site).

Thomas Joel Zinza

2673992060045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

Top Left: Thomas, circa 2008;
Top Center: Thomas, circa 2005/2006
Top Right: Thomas, circa 2004
Bottom Two from Left: Thomas in May 2003;
Bottom Two from Right: Thomas, circa 1996

Bar

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: February 16, 2008 from Emlenton, Pennsylvania
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: February 5, 1966
Height and Weight: 5'10, 200 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Graying brown hair, hazel eyes. Thomas's nicknames are Tom, Tommy and Zinz. He wears wire-framed eyeglasses. He has previously fractured his right ankle. He has a tattoo of a small trout on his upper arm and gold crowns on his molars. Thomas has a receding hairline.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: Unknown, but he usually wears wool clothing, hunting coats, expensive hunting boots or other shoes, flannel shirts and occasionally baseball caps. His preferred brands are Filson and Carhartt. He doesn't usually wear jewelry.
Medical Conditions: Thomas suffers from paranoid schizophrenia. He requires medication which he wasn't taking at the time of his disappearance. In addition, he suffers from a herniated disc and chronic knee pain.

Details of Disappearance

Thomas flew out of Fairbanks, Alaska on an Alaskan Airlines plane on February 16, 2008. He landed in Cleveland, Ohio on February 17 and checked into a hotel near the airport. He rented a car, saying he would only have it for a couple of days. Sometime on February 17, his laptop computer and some of his writings were found along State Route 30 east of Wooster, Ohio. At 11:00 p.m. that day, he checked into the Emlenton Motor Inn in Emlenton, Pennsylvania. The next morning, the cleaning lady noticed the room had not been used. On February 27, Thomas's rental vehicle was discovered abandoned at the inn. Thomas was no longer a guest by this time; he had left on or before February 19, and his bed didn't appear to have been slept in. He has never been heard from again.

Prior to his disappearance, Thomas was apparently having a mental health crisis. He told his father someone was trying to kill him and he was afraid for his life. When he spoke to his brother on February 14, he stated he wanted to leave Alaska as soon as possible and go see some Marines and his ex-wife. His brother asked him to get in touch with his mental health care providers, which Thomas promised to do. Thomas never spoke to his brothr again.

Thomas was apparently en route to New England to visit family and friends. His family believes he was trying to sell some of his writings in Pennsylvania. He had purchased a plane ticket from Cleveland to Boston, Massachusetts, but he never made his flight. Both Alaska and Pennsylvania police are investigating Thomas'sdisappearance.

Curiously, Thomas isn't the only missing person in his family; his brother James disappeared from Arizona in 1992. Both men's cases remain unsolved.

Wow! 2 brothers from the same family missing...........

Here is his Charley Page (Posted in full so that it will still be available after it is removed from the site).

Thomas Joel Zinza

2673992060045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

Top Left: Thomas, circa 2008;
Top Center: Thomas, circa 2005/2006
Top Right: Thomas, circa 2004
Bottom Two from Left: Thomas in May 2003;
Bottom Two from Right: Thomas, circa 1996

Bar

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: February 16, 2008 from Emlenton, Pennsylvania
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: February 5, 1966
Height and Weight: 5'10, 200 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Graying brown hair, hazel eyes. Thomas's nicknames are Tom, Tommy and Zinz. He wears wire-framed eyeglasses. He has previously fractured his right ankle. He has a tattoo of a small trout on his upper arm and gold crowns on his molars. Thomas has a receding hairline.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: Unknown, but he usually wears wool clothing, hunting coats, expensive hunting boots or other shoes, flannel shirts and occasionally baseball caps. His preferred brands are Filson and Carhartt. He doesn't usually wear jewelry.
Medical Conditions: Thomas suffers from paranoid schizophrenia. He requires medication which he wasn't taking at the time of his disappearance. In addition, he suffers from a herniated disc and chronic knee pain.

Details of Disappearance

Thomas flew out of Fairbanks, Alaska on an Alaskan Airlines plane on February 16, 2008. He landed in Cleveland, Ohio on February 17 and checked into a hotel near the airport. He rented a car, saying he would only have it for a couple of days. Sometime on February 17, his laptop computer and some of his writings were found along State Route 30 east of Wooster, Ohio. At 11:00 p.m. that day, he checked into the Emlenton Motor Inn in Emlenton, Pennsylvania. The next morning, the cleaning lady noticed the room had not been used. On February 27, Thomas's rental vehicle was discovered abandoned at the inn. Thomas was no longer a guest by this time; he had left on or before February 19, and his bed didn't appear to have been slept in. He has never been heard from again.

Prior to his disappearance, Thomas was apparently having a mental health crisis. He told his father someone was trying to kill him and he was afraid for his life. When he spoke to his brother on February 14, he stated he wanted to leave Alaska as soon as possible and go see some Marines and his ex-wife. His brother asked him to get in touch with his mental health care providers, which Thomas promised to do. Thomas never spoke to his brothr again.

Thomas was apparently en route to New England to visit family and friends. His family believes he was trying to sell some of his writings in Pennsylvania. He had purchased a plane ticket from Cleveland to Boston, Massachusetts, but he never made his flight. Both Alaska and Pennsylvania police are investigating Thomas'sdisappearance.

Curiously, Thomas isn't the only missing person in his family; his brother James disappeared from Arizona in 1992. Both men's cases remain unsolved.

Thank you for this info. How sad that his brother is missing too. Prayers for this family.

I turned in a possible match for Thomas' Brother James, who is missing from Arizona. I haven't heard anything back from the Mesa PD in over a year. Last time I heard they were waiting for the DNA comparison. I saved all the emails, I will look when I get to work tomorrow since that's where I sent them from.

RIP Thomas

Would both brothers have the same DNA???

Humm, I would think, especially if they have the same parents... (I am no DNA expert though,) I am going to search his brother in the Unidentified thread, I made a thread for him I believe.

Would both brothers have the same DNA???

I'm no expert, but I've been reading about DNA matches for other reasons. My understanding is that if they're identical twins, they have the same DNA.

If they're siblings of the same father (including non-identical twins), they'll have identical Y-chromosomes. If they have the same mother, they'll share more DNA than if they have different mothers.

There's more, but I don't understand it all yet.

Yes, the family is very saddened. Thomas's brother stated that Thomas is at peace and no longer burdened with debilitating mental illness. Thomas was a very religious man and prayed all the time as he was an avid Jehovah's Witness. Our thoughts and prayers for his family and please do keep their son Jimmy, who is also missing, in your prayers.

Thank you for the beautiful banner and update from the family Lavanda. I'm glad the family has answers for Thomas' disappearance and will keep them in my prayers as well as keep sending up prayers for the answers to Jimmy's disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back