AR AR - Gary Mullinax, 21, Benton, 9 May 1976

I think the quote below is an interesting lead, except for one thing. According to NamUS the Date Found is "May 09, 1976 16:30". Gary Mullinax was last seen "May 09, 1976 20:13". That would mean that Mullinax was last seen 3.5 hours after the body was found. Very uncanny resemblances otherwise though, especially the composite sketch. I am guessing that the time stamps are reliable.

What brought me to this thread was that some very decomposed human remains were found today. They are just processing them, but they were found just a few miles from where Mullinax was last seen.

Exits to KATV news article: human remains found September 27th, 2017.

I just saw this recently-added profile and think it could be Gary:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14560

Body was found on the same day and had a broken jaw, found in Shepherdsville Arkansas. Google Directions suggests a 524.0 mile drive between the two.

The first one is the Sumter County John Doe. I don't recall anything about a broken jaw with him or a mustache. With the other one, there's no broken jaw.

Furthermore, Gary had his DNA on file. That should mean it's in CODIS. The UPs also have DNA on file and should be in CODIS. That system would associate them. Gary's likely match would be with someone whose DNA is not on file.

I agree with Biscuits222, I also had that UID down for Gary Mullinax. A few other possibilities:
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/13772
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/5181

When she was a teenager, Amy Whitcomb learned that the man who raised her isn't her biological father, who disappeared before Whitcomb was old enough to remember him.

Whitcomb's father, Gary Mullinax, held his infant daughter for nearly three hours in a recliner at their Little Rock home on Mother's Day 1976, Whitcomb said. He went out later that day and never came home, but his car was later found with no trace of Mullinax.

Arkansas families of the missing, police gather again to lament, wonder

Gary Lynn Mullinax – The Charley Project

Gary Lynn Mullinax
gary_lynn_mullinax_1.jpg
gary_lynn_mullinax_2.jpg
gary_lynn_mullinax_3.jpg
gary_lynn_mullinax_4.jpg

Mullinax, circa 1976; Age-progression to an unknown age

Name: Gary Lynn Mullinax
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: May 9, 1976
Location Last Seen: Little Rock, Pulaski County, Arkansas

Physical Description
Date of Birth: June 27, 1954
Race: White
Height: 5'4" - 5'6"
Weight: 130 - 160 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: often wears a mustache or full beard; jaw had been previously broken from a car wreck; left hip/leg may have been broken due to falling out of a tree.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Family states that Mullinax wore a size 8 shoe.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Mr. Mullinax was last seen on Mother's Day (Sunday, May 9, 1976) when he visited his mother and father before going to see his daughter, Amy. After that, he went to meet someone, and said he'd be back in about an hour, acccording to his sister, Carol Blakley. His 1970 AMC green Javelin was later found on Lewis Street off Asher Avenue in Little Rock, Arkansas, near his brother-in-law's shop building. His billfold and keys were left inside. Was from Saline County His car was found on Lewis Street off Asher in Little Rock, Arkansas with all his belongings inside.

Rumors indicate that Gary was a driver for a drug dealer: he would drop drugs off, pick up the money, and delivery the cash back to the dealer. Conjecture is that in an effort to end his illegal activities for the sake of his infant daughter, he had turned informant and was working with the FBI. Carol remembers her brother coming to her house with an FBI agent to collect a gun that Carol's husband had purchased from Gary, which turned out to be stolen. The agent told Carol and her husband that Mr. Mullinax was helping the FBI with some drug cases. Another rumor indicates that Gary witnessed a drug dealer murder someone and was now in the Witness Protection Program.

Mr. Mullinax was not reported missing until 2011 because his wife, Pat Reagan, was in the middle of divorcing him when he disappeared. At this time, it is unclear whether Mr. Mullinax was a victim of foul play, or disappeared of his own volition. During the time of his disappearance, he was living in Benton, Arkansas.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Little Rock Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Sergeant K Durham
Agency Phone Number: 501-404-3026
Agency Contact Person: Detective Jake Pasman
Agency Phone Number: 501-404-3040
Agency Case Number: 2011-71912

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors