Jersey Shore star describes "love tap"

Janeylynn

Reaction score
I'm not a big poster, I'm a big reader :innocent: but this story ticked me off enough that I'm going to step on the soapbox and yell "bull........"

Here's a guy that seems to be very popular, on two shows... his Shores one and Dancing with the Stars. I'm not a TV watcher so I've never seen either. I do a LOT of reading on news sites so I know who he is.

My opinion...... there is NO such thing as a "love tap" to the opposite sex's face in the middle of a bar, in the middle of an argument.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1318876/Jersey-Shore-drama-New-episode-shows-The-Situation-hitting-Snooki-face.html

Look at your source - a guy who wears the moniker of Guido with pride, calls unatractive females "Hand Grenades" aspires to spend each night out "creeping" (picking up random females for hookup) and is inordinately proud of his fascination with tanning laundry and hitting the gym, not to mention his love affair with his own abs.

This comment by him is not shocking to me at all but just more proof that this kid is not a bright bulb and has not a lot of redeeming qualities IMO

I'm not a big poster, I'm a big reader :innocent: but this story ticked me off enough that I'm going to step on the soapbox and yell "bull........"

Here's a guy that seems to be very popular, on two shows... his Shores one and Dancing with the Stars. I'm not a TV watcher so I've never seen either. I do a LOT of reading on news sites so I know who he is.

My opinion...... there is NO such thing as a "love tap" to the opposite sex's face in the middle of a bar, in the middle of an argument.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1318876/Jersey-Shore-drama-New-episode-shows-The-Situation-hitting-Snooki-face.html

You don't smack a woman! Period! I didn't like him before and now I really can't stand him.

I don't get the appeal of this guy... he's unattractive inside and out. (His head is too small for his body... and his abs are NOT all that, as news outlets make them. I hope he is quickly voted off DWTS ASAP)

I just watched the show and he's lying all the way through that interview with MTV, nobody wanted to leave just him, Snookie wasn't drunk and unaware of her surroundings, and he was already angry by the time he tried to round everybody up because he was jealous about Vinnie's new girlfriend.

Anyway, most of the kids in this show are partial to a little drunken violence, only last week Snookie went a few rounds with Angelina, so you know, whatevs in a way with this crew.

The guy does not appeal to me at all. I don't find him attractive and when I grew up in NJ I never ran into "BOYS" like him. He turned me off totally when I saw him on Dancing with the Stars. I have never watched JS.

I don't understand why he felt he had to slap a person in the face to get them to leave a club. Sounds like he is overly aggressive and has control issues. There is no such thing as a "love tap" in my book. When I first went to read the article I thought he was playing but he actually says he "slapped her" and that is not cool. Why do young people feel any sort of violence is acceptable? She should have kicked him where the sun doesn't shine...:loser:

Goz

My besties love JS. :banghead: I told them that I think I may need to re-evaluate our friendship, lol.

I tried to watch it once to see what all the talk was about. I got about 10 minutes in to the pilot episode and had to turn it off. I think in the 10 minutes I watched it I lowered my IQ by at least half.

You don't smack a woman! Period! I didn't like him before and now I really can't stand him.

Agreed.

But how 'bout we make the rule "you don't smack ANYONE! Period!"

This is slightly OT, but I rather doubt anyone is going to show up to defend The Situation. (Just to be clear: I know who he is from The Soup. I've never seen Jersey Shore.)

I've been wondering lately why it remains culturally acceptable and a common comedic cliche for women to slap men. I happened to catch 17 Again on TV the other day and there's a comic bit where Zac Efron gets slapped by four or five women in a row over some sort of misunderstanding.

Don't get me wrong. I understand that men usually have greater upper-body strength and a man striking a woman is apt to do more damage than a woman striking a man. So I'm not saying the two things are exactly equal.

But putting "fairness" aside, I think it sends a bad message to everyone to imply it is "cute" for anyone to hit anyone. Expecting young men to remember there are "special" taboos about hitting women is playing with fire, if you ask me.

:/rant:

I watched Jersey Shore a couple of time, and I hated it. They're portraying our young adults as lazy drunks who do nothing but tan and go to the gym and then go out to get laid. Then they get into a fight. MTV pays these doorbells 100,000 per episode. If they want reality they need to show reality young adults going to collage and then struggling to get a job, and start a career, then struggling to pay their bills and getting your own place. Going to bed with someone is not a nightly exercise. You should get to know the person first. These guys don't respect women and are not that great to look at themselves. The girls are o.k but they act like a bunch of sailors on leave.

My besties love JS. :banghead: I told them that I think I may need to re-evaluate our friendship, lol.

I tried to watch it once to see what all the talk was about. I got about 10 minutes in to the pilot episode and had to turn it off. I think in the 10 minutes I watched it I lowered my IQ by at least half.

Your comment about your IQ being lowered by at least half has me LMAO!!!

I saw about 5 minutes and I had to turn it off. I guess I must be too old to watch it! LOL

I saw a few epis of this show with my son's girlfriend (they are both seniors in college), who really gets into these cheesy reality shows! She is actually a very well-mannered and classy young lady, but she's only 22 and apparently loves the soap-opera-trainwreck nature of this mess; fwiw, she is mainly a fan of "Gossip Girls" and "Weeds,"< which I also love. So I got to watch this show and let me tell you it was the FIRST time in my life that I felt like keeping my Italian roots on the shall we say "down low"! Yep, I'm old, 48, but back when I was growing up neither me nor my Italian cousins acted ANYTHING like these bozos; our collective families would have kicked our collective azzes!! Especially females were expected to act in such a way that would never bring shame on the family;
having a daughter who dressed provocatively or anything like a *advertiser censored*- well that was unheard of. Of course our parents knew none of us was a "Virgin Mary" as time went on-- but we darn well had better act like it around our elders or in public. I so remember the battles during adolescence over my cousin Amy just wearing some pale pink nail polish! She is the sweetest person and married to a very wealthy physician now, the very picture of a "society" type- on the boards of hospitals and ballets, etc. But I still have a mental picture of her at 11, of her father seeing her nails (which got painted- by me- on a sleepover- whoops!) and absolutely freaking out! He wasn't mean to her, just went into "I'm coming, Elizabeth!" Fred Sanford-type routine, as if to say, "My poor father's heart is crushed! My daughter has chosen to be a streetwalker!" He may even have had tears in his eyes! (RIP, Uncle Tony)
I think I got away with more because Mom was Irish, lol! I know times have changed immensely and these kids now were weaned on reality shows, but whatever happened to a little modesty, or manners? "The Situation" has a situation, all right, and I can't describe it here because it could lead to a t/o. Let's just call him disgusting. Snooki has an appeal but she is just so clueless... the show mentions her father (he's been in tabloid news) but where's her mother, is what I wanna Know...:twocents:

Woohoo I can go back to watching DWTS now that that pinhead got voted off... :D

Oh he was voted out. He said I'm gonna prove everybody wrong. The man cannot dance, or act. He's not good looking IMO. I don't know why this guy is a so called celebrity. When they say, you can be anything you want, this guy is living proof.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back