Mother dies in fire after saving kids

Angels_Not_Forgotten

Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
We continually hear of women, men, let's just say parents, that do horrible by their children. It hurts us to hear that. It hurts me just as much. This woman is a true mother in my book, not like a lot of the others. RIP sweet lady :(

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/10/08/heroes.louisville.fire/index.html?hpt=T2

(CNN) -- A mother in Louisville, Kentucky, has died after saving her three children and two nieces by pushing them out the second-story window of her burning townhome.

Bystanders who noticed the flames helped catch the children as Tomarra Finley guided them out on Thursday morning.

little more at link

3 of her own children and two nieces. such a happy and sad article, all at once.

A coworker pointed this story out to me earlier today with the same exact thoughts regarding how many horrific stories we all hear daily about parents not doing right by their children. Her statement was yours, verbatim - This woman is a true mother in my book

Poor little ones, lost their mommy, and it woud seem a good and caring one. At least they were blessed to know a mother's love for a short while. Much more than many of the children we read about every day here ever had.

RIP

I have to say, as sad and tragic as this is, it is a relief from stories where the kids die and the adults manage to get out...just had two of those here where I live...

you know, it has to be hard loosing your mother, before her time, to something so harsh as a fire. But those children will never forget her ultimate sacrifice. and yes, clucaino63, you are so right. God bless these children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back