Johnny Depp appears at school assembly as Captain Jack Sparrow

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
snip
Last week, however, pupils at a school in south-east London experienced the kind of assembly they didn't have in my day.
Students were shepherded quickly into the gym as two cars with blacked-out windows parked in the playground, where a passerby reported hearing "screams of joy" as Depp, in full, leathery, dreadlocked, swaggering costume, entered the building, in response to a plea from nine-year-old Beatrice Delap.
"Captain Jack Sparrow," she'd written, in a note delivered to the Pirates of the Caribbean set, filming down the road at the Royal Naval College, Greenwich. "At Meridian primary school, we are a bunch of budding young pirates and we were having a bit of trouble mutinying against the teachers and we'd love if you could come and help
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/oct/10/johnny-depp-at-school-assembly

What an interesting idea from the school! Happy to hear Depp agreed, hope it helped.

On a different note. If I was young and Depp came to my school I believe I would have just been a giggling mess. :p

Bobby Sherman came to my elementary school- he was a dreamboat in his day, but I'll take Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow anyday!!!:dance::woohoo:

haha that's fantastic!

those kids must've been freaking out!

Reason 1001 why I love this guy !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member