GUILTY NJ - Charles Leaf for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Wyckoff, 2010

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
A reporter for New York City's Fox 5 station has been arrested in New Jersey, accused of sexually assaulting a 4-year-old girl.
Bergen County Prosecutor John L. Molinelli says Charles Leaf is charged with aggravated sexual assault on a minor and endangering the welfare of children.
Molinelli says the charges stem from accusations that Leaf sexually abused the girl at his home in Wyckoff.
He was arrested at the home on Tuesday and is being held on $250,000 bail.
The 41-year-old Leaf, a former Marine and a married father of two, joined the station in 2006.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_REPORTER_ARRESTED?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

There are really no words. 250K? I am sure he will be able to get a bond for 25K. :(

WoW@the sister's interveiw. He commited acts at 9?? So has he been doing this all along ? It concerns me that nobody mentioned this to the wife BEFORE then he is charged and she tells him. Had she spoke to the wife before the wife would have known that children should not be left alone with him.
I know often familys of sex offenders are left with shame because of the criminals act but if children are in the sex offenders life then reasonable people should share that information with the parents or who ever is watching the children. It shouldnt be treated as a hold your breath and wait and see type of thing.

I know someone who was once accused and charged with sexual child abuse. I knew them on a professional level. At the time he was charged, I was told the entire story and didn't believe he was guilty. He was tried and found 'not guilty.' I really think it was a misunderstanding, really.

Having said that, when I read the first post and article, I was hesitant to make a judgment. However, after reading the sister's statements, I have to believe there's truly something to these charges.

Of course he doesn't look like a child molester. What do they look like? Anyone living in any neighborhood across the nation. The sad thing is, I've read that by the time a child molester is arrested, he's most likely already had at least 100 victims.

Geesh! It's a shame his family didn't take his FIRST OFFENSES seriously.

Prayers to his newest victims. I wonder if there's going to be more come out?

JMHO
fran

nine year old well adjusted little boys without severe physchological problems do not just start sexually abusing 3 and 4 years on gramma and grandpas farm. Something "sexualized" this man at a critical age, be it abuse, exposure to graphic *advertiser censored*, something.

It is a shame that when this first popped up within his family at age nine he was not immediately gotten into intensive therapy to discover the source of this abherant behavior. Instead, it was brushed under the rug, as it is in so many families, and left to fester. One has to wonder how many victims there have been thorughout this man's life that didn't have to be. MOO.

Who was the 4 year old? Daughter? Niece? Family friend?

So sad. What a piece of crap..I pray he gets the maximum sentence.

Who was the 4 year old? Daughter? Niece? Family friend?

So sad. What a piece of crap..I pray he gets the maximum sentence.
He has a 4 year old daughter so if it's not her it's likely a playmate or similarly aged relative (I suppose).
<sigh>

nine year old well adjusted little boys without severe physchological problems do not just start sexually abusing 3 and 4 years on gramma and grandpas farm. Something "sexualized" this man at a critical age, be it abuse, exposure to graphic *advertiser censored*, something.

I agree. From the limited info I have read, I assume he was molested as well and then became a young offender. It's sad the family didn't address the "issue" when they became aware of it. He should have been put into therapy to address this and work on it. I don't have sympathy for him as an adult offender, but it seems like it was just a matter of time before the adult allegations would surface.

And it seems his wife was unaware of the history prior to his arrest. As a wife (and mother) I would want/need to know this BEFORE I married/had kids.

Hopefully this sad chain can end now.

From June 2014:

http://cliffviewpilot.com/charles-l...tenced-to-26-years-for-sex-assault-on-girl-4/

Despite an impassioned insistence of innocence, former Fox 5 investigative reporter Charles Leaf was sentenced in Hackensack today to 26 years in state prison for sexually assaulting a 4-year-old girl and for having kiddie *advertiser censored* on his home computer in Wyckoff.

Leaf, who must serve a month short of 20 years before he&#8217;ll be eligible for parole, remained composed &#8212; even more subdued than during his trial &#8212; as Superior Court Judge James J. Guida sentenced him...

As a convicted sex offender who continues to insist he&#8217;s innocent, Leaf is not subject to incarcaration at the Adult Diagnostic and Treatment Center in Avenel. He will serve his time in general prison population.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back