GUILTY CO - Kathy Adams, 57, Fort Collins, 7 Oct 2010

fhc

Reaction score
http://www.coloradoan.com/article/2.../Photo+of+missing+Fort+Collins+woman+released

She is 5 feet, 3 inches tall; weighs 100 pounds; and has red hair with brown eyes.

Adams' sister had requested the check because she hadn't heard from her for five days.

Deputies knocked on the front door and checked the rear of the home, hearing no answer.

"However, there were suspicious circumstances that allowed deputies to enter the home. Deputies found no one inside the home but located evidence that prompted investigators to suspect foul play," according to the news release.

Investigators are also seeking John Marks Jr., 48; 5 feet, 10 inches tall; 210 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/25392206/detail.html

Marks has a criminal history that includes arrests for possession of controlled substance, driving under the influence and smuggling contraband into a prison in Boulder, according to state records.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/2...++Psychic+Kay++shop++police+suspect+foul+play

Kathy Adams, 57, worked as “Psychic Kay” in a shop classified as psychic mediums that had been located at Harmony and Timberline until 2005. Adams' brother said she had moved the shop, but it is unclear where the business operated.

Gary Adams said his sister and Marks have a common-law marriage and that the couple’s 20-year relationship has been tumultuous.

While I can't release exact details. The suspicious circumstances that led the deputies to go in would lead most to believe that Kathy isn't alive anymore. I've heard no updates to the case since the initial announcement.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=158649&catid=339

Adams purchased a ticket to Atlanta to stay with her brother. Before she was able to leave, she disappeared. Adams' family believes Marks, Jr. may have abducted her.

"He must have got wind that she was going to leave on Sunday," Mitchell said.

Shortly after Adams disappeared, Marks, Jr. disappeared as well.

Kathy's family flies in from all over the world to speak out for her.

Kathy

A vehicle description (if missing) would be great, what about clues to favorite hiking spots? Activities in the outdoors? I am in CO, but south of Fort Collins by almost 2 hours..... Should I be on the lookout for anything besides their faces down here? Wish we had more to go on!

A vehicle description (if missing) would be great, what about clues to favorite hiking spots? Activities in the outdoors? I am in CO, but south of Fort Collins by almost 2 hours..... Should I be on the lookout for anything besides their faces down here? Wish we had more to go on!

I live in a town south of Ft. Collins and work in Ft. Collins....not much news at all...

ETA: when I saw his picture, he looked very familiar, but I'm trying to place where I've seen him....
or if he's been in the news a few years back....:waitasec:

I've only lived here about 6 mos, and no one is familiar to me.... But it could be he has a history, not much nice things to say about him, so its possible he has been on the news.... Hopefully we can get more info ASAP! There has already been time lost :(

So, it seems from the carefully worded statements from LE that they feel this could be a homicide investigation or at the very least, someone has been harmed.

So, did he leave with her, willingly or unwillingly and are hiding out or
is this
more likely, a murder investigation?

or possibly a murder/suicide?

Still hoping for the best.

So, it seems from the carefully worded statements from LE that they feel this could be a homicide investigation or at the very least, someone has been harmed.

So, did he leave with her, willingly or unwillingly and are hiding out or
is this
more likely, a murder investigation?

or possibly a murder/suicide?

Still hoping for the best.

ITA, I did not have a good feeling about this, but I am still hoping for the best....

My first thought was murder/suicide in the mountains :( I Pray I am wrong!!!!

I think it's odd that there's no description of ANY vehicles they might be in...does that mean the vehicle(s) are still there? VERY little info :waitasec:

When I looked at that news video again, I could see a car up against the house, but I don't know if it belongs to them or not.

This man also looks familiar to me-- from a restaurant I think, and I can't remember which one.

I do remember her shop at Harmony and Timberline. I drove by it every day and was amazed over the years that it stood there for so long as the land in the area became more and more developed.

I feel very sad for the family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back