GUILTY MD - Det. Brian Stevenson, 37, killed in Canton parking dispute, 16 Oct 2010

Missizzy

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101017...jA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yaWVzBHNsawNiYWx0aW1vcmVvZmY-

Baltimore officer slain in fight over parking spot

"An off-duty Baltimore police detective who was out celebrating his birthday was killed Saturday night in a dispute over a parking space, authorities said. Detective Brian Stevenson, an 18-year veteran with the department, would have turned 38 on Sunday..."

and

"A suspect pulled a rock or large piece of concrete from the ground and struck the officer with it...."

more at link

James says on his FB page that people always "get the wrong impression of him". No, I don't think so. I think a whole lot of people were right on.

And no one can tell me that a college educated man would not know that a big chunk of concrete could easily kill a man. It's not as if he shoved the officer. He might as well have shot him or stabbed him. No doubt in my mind.

Prayers for Detective Stevenson's family. I know they will be encircled with love and compassion but what a tragic loss for the family and the entire city.

Sian James was caught in a night club. What? He just murdered a man and then went nightclubbing.

I guess that means that he didn't render aid. He saw a man go down and just walked away? I understand passion. I do. But to do something so horrific and then go party? Disgusting.

I would think there would have been lots of witnesses. I read that this was a nice part of town with lots of restaurants and clubs. Surely there was a verbal altercation first. Was the officer alone when he was attempting to park? Was James alone? Why didn't a group tackle him? Who called for an ambulance?

I guess that means that he didn't render aid. He saw a man go down and just walked away? I understand passion. I do. But to do something so horrific and then go party? Disgusting.

I would think there would have been lots of witnesses. I read that this was a nice part of town with lots of restaurants and clubs. Surely there was a verbal altercation first. Was the officer alone when he was attempting to park? Was James alone? Why didn't a group tackle him? Who called for an ambulance?

The officer wasn't alone, I've seen it reported he was out with a friend.

Thank you jjenny. The friend was probably busy helping the detective and James just took off.

From July 2011:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...tive-brian-stevenson-sian-james-baltimore-bar

Sian James was sentenced to 10 years in prison Wednesday for hurling a chunk of concrete that killed an off-duty Baltimore police officer last year during a heated argument over a parking space.

James, 26, was charged with murder in the death of Detective Brian Stevenson, but a jury convicted him in April of involuntary manslaughter, which carries a maximum 10-year prison term.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back