PA PA - Stacey Lee, 31, Philadelphia, 11 Oct 2010

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Stacey Lee had lived with her partner in South Philly's Point Breeze section for about a year.

Sadly Stacey's partner returned from work and immediately noticed something not right. The front outdoor light was on. As he entered the house the dogs ran to him and he knew something was wrong. The dogs always stayed with Stacey. Their back door was closed and they always left the back door open for the dogs. Then he found his beloved partner of many years dead upstairs.

This happened last week here in Philly. I was going to report on it right away but so many Blogs and other internet news are disputing on the words our paper used in this case and reported on things that they wouldn't have if Stacey was not transgender.

Many I agree with as in our paper said she was found upstairs in her underwear. They never say that in the paper. They also put quotes around some words in the article.

The fact is a beautiful, vibrant woman with many accomplishments has been murdered. They need to find who murdered Stacey Blahnik Lee.

RIP Stacey.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/loca...he_found_transgender_victim_dead_at_home.html

A sad, sad story. Filly, you might want to consider asking the mods to change the header, though. I really thought that the partner was the murderer until I read through the whole thing--and that seems far from the reality. Police don't consider him a suspect and he was at work when the murder occurred. She died of strangulation but the crime is not considered a hate crime. I wonder what the motive was.

One would think, in this day and age, that news sources would have a common protocol to follow when reporting on any LGBT crimes. How hard can it be? And how sad is it that the poor man can't have his name released as he fears for his job. How is he going to hide his grief?

Sad all the way around. My prayers are with him. Rest in peace Ms. Lee.

I am grateful to you for caring enough to post this. a lot of media starts a spin that gives you the sense that the crime against the l/g/b/t was somehow their own fault. a lot of people will dismiss these type of crimes for the same reason :(

ITA the thread title implies the partner was the murderer, we should change that.

she was beautiful. do we know anything at all about who LE is looking at, any leads, anything? any signs of break in? was it someone she knew?

I got a malware threat warning when I clicked the link in Filly's post (11:06pm post). I alerted the mods and will PM Filly.

I pray this has nothing to do with her being transgender. I'm so tired of people being hurt and killed for living their lives as they see fit. I'm tired of people being vilified because they are 'different.' Why does anyone care who someone sleeps with? Why can people not live in dignity whatever their choices? Sorry, rant over.

I got a malware threat warning when I clicked the link in Filly's post (11:06pm post). I alerted the mods and will PM Filly.

O.K. Holy heck what's malware and will I persecuted in Hades for it? Hoping I didn't mess anything up. What link is it, TGIRecovered?

Y'all don't click my links although I got them from reliable sources I think.:innocent:

No worries Filly. I've picked up malware from MSNBC. People seem to be able to embed it anywhere.

They had a candlelight vigil for Stacey on Saturday. This article explains more.

Indeed if anyone wants the heading changed so be it. I had only wrote it that way as I thought how awful it must have been for her dear partner to find her.

http://

O.K. I think I poofed the malware. Thank you TGIRecovered.

Six years later, Blahnik murder now a cold case

http://www.epgn.com/news/local/11115-six-years-later-blahnik-murder-now-a-cold-case

It’s been six years since Stacey Blahnik was brutally murdered in her South Philadelphia home, and investigators have “hit a wall.”

“Once it’s been a bit of time, a couple of years, the investigators make the determination at that point to send it back to the Cold Case Unit,” Homicide Captain James Clark told PGN this week about the investigation process.

Blahnik’s case now resides with that unit. She was strangled in her home in the 1800 block of Manton Street Oct. 11, 2010. Investigators believe her murderer used a pillowcase to commit the crime.

“For those that loved Stacey, this felt like a cold case after the first week,” said Malik Moorer, Blahnik’s partner, who contends the case wasn’t aggressively investigated. “Nobody ever communicated with us, it was passed from one detective to another. They never put together the evidence we had and the things we said. It was made a cold case.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back