Thank you RickAMorti1

To: ALL (1 of 8)

GLOBE: JONBENET WAS IT AN ACCIDENT?

FAMED FORENSICS EXPERT DR. HENRY LEE REVEALS SECRETS
OF TRAGIC CASE IN HIS NEW BOOK

BY DAWNA KAUFMANN

PICTURE: DR. LEE'S NEW BOOK JACKET "CRACKING MORE CASES"

synopsis

In a fascinating new book, master criminalist Dr. Henry C. Lee will reveal for the first time what he thinks happened in the JonBenet Ramsey case and why he believes the heinous crime will never be solved.

When the 6 year old pageant queen's body was discovered in her family's basement
Dec. 26th, 1996, Boulder, Colorado, cops were stymied. The girl's parents, John and Patsy, insisted an evil stranger must have entered their home and committed the murder. But there was scant evidence beyond a rambling ransom note demanding $118,000.

Two months later, Lee, who also hosts Court TV'S Trace Evidence series, was asked to assist in the complex case. In his upcoming book Cracking More Cases (Prometheus Books), co-written with Thomas W. O"Neil, the famed scientific ace will say he quickly learned that police made critical errors in the early stages of the investigation that, along with the absence of solid physical proof, created a compelling challenge.

After repeated visits with authorities and extensive study of the crime scene and laboratory materials, Lee claims to know as much about the forensic evidence in this case as anyone alive- except the murderer. Although he says he's still prepared to testify for the prosecution if and when there is a trial, he adds that the details he'll share in his book are startling.

"This is a frustrating case where nothing fits together," Lee tells GLOBE. "On the one hand, it seems like a kidnapping gone wrong because there is a ransom note left.

But why wouldn't the perpetrator take the victim if he hoped to collect the money?

"On the other hand, there are elements of a sexual attack. But is this really the work of a pedophile, or some bizarre staging? There is debate among the experts as to whether the sexual assault preceded the night of the child's death, whether a stun gun was used and why her hands were bound with loose cords."

Lee's book will explain that the unidentified DNA evidence in this case is insignificant because it could have been deposited in any number of innocent ways. He'll also examine the plausibility of the intruder theory and detail the 13 month grand jury probe, which ended in 1999. He'll admit he counseled then District Attorney Alex Hunter against handing down an indictment, saying the controversial decision ended Hunter's 28 year career, "But represented a profile in courage to me."

In CRACKING MORE CASES, Lee will contend, "The prosecution did not have nearly enough evidence to convict anyone of JonBenet's death beyond a reasonable doubt. Yet it seemed there was enough evidence to establish the probable cause level of proof needed to indict John and Patsy Ramsey of, at least, obstruction of justice."

In the book, Lee will go on to say, "The case's outcome reflects what our American system of justice is based upon-that a defendant must be considered innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt."

He'll also analyze JonBenet's fatal injuries.

"What is indisputable is that this beautiful little girl died dreadfully, with an enormous skull fracture to her skull and ligature strangulation," Lee says. "Was this a result of a horrific accident, rough horseplay or an argument turned violent? And who are all the possible suspects? These are the questions I keep asking myself."

In his book, Lee will conclude, "Unfortunately, the mishandling of the crime scene and lack of physical evidence have severely impeded the chances of ever solving this case. Only one or two people really know the facts and there is a strong probability that these individuals will never step forward and say what happened during the cold and dark hours after Christmas 1996. I find this very sad."

OK TO COPY TO OTHER FORUMS!

IOW he draws absolutely no conclusion...ok, now I know another book that I won't buy.

;)I can wait until my library has it instead.

True, Lee draws no conclusions, so I won't buy his book either, but here's how I interpret this sentence...

Only one or two people (John and Patsy Ramsey) really know the facts and there is a strong probability that these individuals will never step forward and say what happened during the cold and dark hours after Christmas 1996. I find this very sad."

(But I believe three people know the facts: John, Patsy and Burke.)

imo

Lee will go into detail the crime scene and injuries to JonBenet which he has yet to discuss publicly...I'll buy the book.

Is the book out already? I'm calling B&N today to order mine.

halycon said:
Is the book out already? I'm calling B&N today to order mine.

The book is out.

On FFJ, Bob C has been kind enough to give us the inside scoop on the book and Dr. Lee's opinions as he reads the book. I highly recommend it! Very interesting and will make you anxious to read it all for yourself. You'll also be that much more informed when Dr. Lee starts promoting the book all over TV

Wow. No one on the forums must have known that this was in the works? I will definitely be buying it...this week if possible.

BrotherMoon said:
Lee doesn't ask all the questions he should.
You are so right Brother , there is so much more than just a few words about her death and the BPD MISTAKES AND THE LACK OF EDIVENCE...

YOU MAKE A VERY GOOD POINT ...

Tressa :)

I'm not registered at FFJ so I can't read there. And I won't have my book til later in the week or so. I did buy the Globe and it makes it seem that Dr. Lee was brought in by Alex Hunter and that Lee still admires him. Is there anything else he says about that?

I'm just rejoicing about this news, I really am. Finally a step closer to a trial.

TressaRing28 said:
You are so right Brother , there is so much more than just a few words about her death and the BPD MISTAKES AND THE LACK OF EDIVENCE...

YOU MAKE A VERY GOOD POINT ...

Tressa :)

O.K. knock off all the sucking up. :waitasec:

halycon said:
I'm not registered at FFJ so I can't read there. And I won't have my book til later in the week or so. I did buy the Globe and it makes it seem that Dr. Lee was brought in by Alex Hunter and that Lee still admires him. Is there anything else he says about that?

I'm just rejoicing about this news, I really am. Finally a step closer to a trial.

You don't have to be registered at FFJ to read.

Lee's book appears to contain many glaring inaccuracies. Imagine if he were an expert witness - he'd be torn to shreds in the witness box! I'm afraid I cannot take anyone seriously if they cannot get their basics facts correct - regardless of who they are. I accept that anyone can make mistakes and that typos can be missed, but what I've read so far doesn't impress me one jot. If I can see obvious inaccuracies in Lee's account of what I DO know, I'd have little faith in his accounts of what I DIDN'T know. I agree that this doesn't necessaily mean that his overall conclusions are incorrect, but it certainly gives me a harder time accepting them.

I read one of his other books last week and there was a chapter on the Ramsey case in that too - a shorter one. Even that contained inaccuracies. I expect more from someone of his supposed "standing".

Jayelles said:
Lee's book appears to contain many glaring inaccuracies. I expect more from someone of his supposed "standing".

Jayelles,

I agree. I haven't been impressed by Henry Lee since he said the JonBenet murder is not a DNA case, when it obviously is a DNA case.

I'll buy his book though, just in case he mentions something we don't know.

JMO

Lee's factual transaltions leave less to be desired like JAR and Melinda being in Boulder Christmas morning and this reminds me of John Walsh's reverberating claim Jonbewnet was cut down. I do however agree with his end conclusion that the murder was staged to cover a horroific domestic accident or as he mentions horseplay that was out of hand.

Was the accident so embarrassing the scheme was concocted or was it just to ordinary for Patsy to have her daughter die in an accident? Seems she came up with the grandiose kidnapping to give JonBenet the fame in death she desperately tried to give her in lfe.

What type of accident could be so embarrasing or what type of horseplay would have lead to a head bashing? Did John get a new golf club for Christmas? Is that a gift an ordinary golfer might recieve?

I agree,as well, that the crime was not as it appeared,however I do not believe the Ramseys were involved. There seems to be elements of staging involved, staging to cover up an unfortunate accident . I have often wondered about the material in her hair, wondered if someone hadn't fashioned a tiarra of sorts for a holiday theme, something that we don't know,but something to consider. There was an active child *advertiser censored* trading group in Boulder as elsewhere,one that has existed since the indroduction of the computer age,where a snap of a camera can make a quick buck for a photographer,one where his pics can go around the world in a proverbial blink of an eye. After her death one only needed to click into a chat room to discover the amount of pedophiles drawn to her ,discussing her as if she were a commodity while sharing pics and hoping to locate more erotic ones.
IMO there is a chance that an ordinary felon, was after a quick buck,and it went all too wrong. I believe ,as well, that he is well connected to one of the families we have discussed. (don't know which one,but there are many who have at least one character in their midst that could be culpable of this kind of thing) The BPD was asleep on this angle. IMO

sissi,

If it was an intruder, known or unknown to the Ramseys, why would the Ramseys be lying their heads off, refusing to fully cooperate with investigators, and carrying out such an extensive coverup? It's obvious there was no intruder because the Ramseys wouldn't be shielding an intruder who murdered their daughter.

The evidence and the Ramseys' behaviors point to an involved family member who killed JonBenet or who knows who killed JonBenet.

JMO

Their lying is your perspective and the perspective of those that believe they are guilty. From my perspective I don't see lying or coverup I see parents that do not have answers simply because they don't know who killed their child. I see parents who were hoping the murderer would be found and instead found themselves as the focus of a very misguided investigation. I see frustration , lack of confidence and lost hope with the people they trusted would work for their family in finding this murderer.

If you read the comments by any and all of the detectives ,forensic people, reporters,etc. you will find such inaccuracies as to wonder if they are lying,however close they were bound to this investigation they clearly fail to recall each and every detail. (and yeah I hate it when they write books with such things in them as size 7 panties, and the senior White's being at a party ..and on..an on)

Enough evidence for "obstruction of justice" - why didn't Hunter do so?

Counseled Hunter AGAINST handing down an indictment - did the GJ indict?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back