1384 users online (318 members and 1066 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,877

    CO - Clear Creek Co., Fem Skull 158UFCO, 20-36, near Echo Lake, Oct'95

    The Doe Network:
    Case File 158UFCO
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/158ufco.html



    Reconstruction of Victim by Daniel Marion

    Unidentified Female

    * Discovered on October 15, 1995 in Clear Creek County, Colorado.
    * Only the skull was located
    * Estimated Date of Death: Circa two years

    Vital Statistics

    * Estimated age: 20-36 years old
    * Dentals: Available. She had received regular dental care.
    * DNA: Available in CODIS.

    Case History
    The victim's skull was found in Clear Creek County, at Echo Park which is located south of Idaho Springs, Colorado.

    Two hikers recovered a sun-bleached human skull, lying out in the woods in Denver Mountain Parks land, about one-half mile north of Echo Lake. Extensive search failed to turn up any other body parts. The dental work didn't fit the profile of a transient or a homeless person.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-21-2013 at 06:36 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,877
    Since this is only a skull, there are not alot of details to compare, but this facial reconstruction sure looks to me like Nancy Lynn Begg Shoupp

    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/shoupp_nancy.html
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1138dfco.html

    From the details that we can compare:
    * Her age (26) is within range (20-36)
    * Her DLC (28-Apr-90) is about 5 1/2 years before the discovery of the skull (estimated to have been there "Circa two years")
    * The skull was found about 50 miles from her hometown of Littleton, and also about 50 miles from Boulder. She was last seen en-route from Boulder to Littleton, and the remote areas off of I-70 west of Denver would be a logical disposal location if she was abducted from somewhere along the route between Boulder and Littleton.

    There is no indication of whether or not Nancy is in CODIS. The UID is in CODIS, so if Nancy was in CODIS, we could rule her out on that basis.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-09-2012 at 04:00 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    3,538
    how about Laurie Lucas? lka 1990 in Arapahoe County, Colorado at age 24. Dentals are available but no DNA.

    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/7756/102/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,877
    Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    how about Laurie Lucas? lka 1990 in Arapahoe County, Colorado at age 24. Dentals are available but no DNA.

    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/7756/102/
    Just as with Nancy Shoupp, there are few points to compare, but from what's available, it looks OK to me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    3,538
    is there a Namus profile for the UID? I looked last night and did not see one. maybe I was just tired.

    if there is then there might be a rule out list.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,877
    Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    is there a Namus profile for the UID? I looked last night and did not see one. maybe I was just tired.

    if there is then there might be a rule out list.
    No, there is not a NamUs file for this UID. There are no NamUs cases for Clear Creek County, nor are there any UID's found on 15-Oct-1995.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    3,538
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    No, there is not a NamUs file for this UID. There are no NamUs cases for Clear Creek County, nor are there any UID's found on 15-Oct-1995.
    any way to find out if they have ruled any missing persons out? I don't feel comfortable calling and I only have a 50% (at best) acknowledgement of emails.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,877
    Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    any way to find out if they have ruled any missing persons out? I don't feel comfortable calling and I only have a 50% (at best) acknowledgement of emails.
    I left a message with Det. Gremillion of the Clear Creek County Sheriff's office.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 01-03-2011 at 02:26 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,877
    Det. Gremillion called me back. He had a list of people that they had looked at but he did not provide me with any names from the list.

    I gave him the names of Nancy Lynn Begg-Shoupp and Laurie R. Lucas, and he did not see either of the two names on the list.

    He said that he would look into these two leads. He was friendly and polite, and my impression was that he was interested in the info, and will probably follow-up (as opposed to some locales that just file them away).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,877
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Det. Gremillion called me back. He had a list of people that they had looked at but he did not provide me with any names from the list.

    I gave him the names of Nancy Lynn Begg-Shoupp and Laurie R. Lucas, and he did not see either of the two names on the list.

    He said that he would look into these two leads. He was friendly and polite, and my impression was that he was interested in the info, and will probably follow-up (as opposed to some locales that just file them away).
    Sgt. Gremillion called back and indicated that they were able to rule out Nancy Shoupp, but they don't know anything yet about Laurie Lucas.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    3,538
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Sgt. Gremillion called back and indicated that they were able to rule out Nancy Shoupp, but they don't know anything yet about Laurie Lucas.
    now that's responsiveness!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Island, New Zealand.
    Posts
    263
    any news about laurie Lucus?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,119
    Bump-was this Jane Doe ever compared to Vicky Lamberton, I wonder? Vicky went missing from MA, possibly Colorado in 1974. She had possibly been on a trip with her lover/married professor in Colorado when she disappeared.

    Here is her WS thread:
    MA MA - Vickie Lee Lamberton, 24, Worcester, Feb 1974 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 11:49 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,592
    [QUOTE=CarlK90245;5699936]The Doe Network:
    Case File 158UFCO
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/158ufco.html


    img_24495.jpeg

    Kimberly Ann Thompson https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7146/22/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    693
    Bumping for Echo Lake Jane Doe.
    Who is Fly Creek Jane Doe?



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-07-2017, 07:46 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-19-2016, 01:33 AM
  3. NY; small plane crashed near Lake Clear
    By dark_shadows in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 06:32 PM

Tags for this Thread