1384 users online (318 members and 1066 guests)  

Websleuths News

CO - Clear Creek Co., Fem Skull 158UFCO, 20-36, near Echo Lake, Oct'95

The Doe Network:
    Case File 158UFCO
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/158ufco.html

Reconstruction of Victim by Daniel Marion

Unidentified Female

* Discovered on October 15, 1995 in Clear Creek County, Colorado.
    * Only the skull was located
    * Estimated Date of Death: Circa two years

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 20-36 years old
    * Dentals: Available. She had received regular dental care.
    * DNA: Available in CODIS.

Case History
    The victim's skull was found in Clear Creek County, at Echo Park which is located south of Idaho Springs, Colorado.

Two hikers recovered a sun-bleached human skull, lying out in the woods in Denver Mountain Parks land, about one-half mile north of Echo Lake. Extensive search failed to turn up any other body parts. The dental work didn't fit the profile of a transient or a homeless person.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-21-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Since this is only a skull, there are not alot of details to compare, but this facial reconstruction sure looks to me like Nancy Lynn Begg Shoupp

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/shoupp_nancy.html
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1138dfco.html

From the details that we can compare:
    * Her age (26) is within range (20-36)
    * Her DLC (28-Apr-90) is about 5 1/2 years before the discovery of the skull (estimated to have been there "Circa two years")
    * The skull was found about 50 miles from her hometown of Littleton, and also about 50 miles from Boulder. She was last seen en-route from Boulder to Littleton, and the remote areas off of I-70 west of Denver would be a logical disposal location if she was abducted from somewhere along the route between Boulder and Littleton.

There is no indication of whether or not Nancy is in CODIS. The UID is in CODIS, so if Nancy was in CODIS, we could rule her out on that basis.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-09-2012 at 04:00 PM.

how about Laurie Lucas? lka 1990 in Arapahoe County, Colorado at age 24. Dentals are available but no DNA.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/7756/102/

Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    how about Laurie Lucas? lka 1990 in Arapahoe County, Colorado at age 24. Dentals are available but no DNA.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/7756/102/
    Just as with Nancy Shoupp, there are few points to compare, but from what's available, it looks OK to me.

is there a Namus profile for the UID? I looked last night and did not see one. maybe I was just tired.

if there is then there might be a rule out list.

is there a Namus profile for the UID? I looked last night and did not see one. maybe I was just tired.

if there is then there might be a rule out list.
    No, there is not a NamUs file for this UID. There are no NamUs cases for Clear Creek County, nor are there any UID's found on 15-Oct-1995.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    No, there is not a NamUs file for this UID. There are no NamUs cases for Clear Creek County, nor are there any UID's found on 15-Oct-1995.
    any way to find out if they have ruled any missing persons out? I don't feel comfortable calling and I only have a 50% (at best) acknowledgement of emails.

any way to find out if they have ruled any missing persons out? I don't feel comfortable calling and I only have a 50% (at best) acknowledgement of emails.
    I left a message with Det. Gremillion of the Clear Creek County Sheriff's office.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 01-03-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Det. Gremillion called me back. He had a list of people that they had looked at but he did not provide me with any names from the list.

I gave him the names of Nancy Lynn Begg-Shoupp and Laurie R. Lucas, and he did not see either of the two names on the list.

He said that he would look into these two leads. He was friendly and polite, and my impression was that he was interested in the info, and will probably follow-up (as opposed to some locales that just file them away).

Det. Gremillion called me back. He had a list of people that they had looked at but he did not provide me with any names from the list.

I gave him the names of Nancy Lynn Begg-Shoupp and Laurie R. Lucas, and he did not see either of the two names on the list.

He said that he would look into these two leads. He was friendly and polite, and my impression was that he was interested in the info, and will probably follow-up (as opposed to some locales that just file them away).
    Sgt. Gremillion called back and indicated that they were able to rule out Nancy Shoupp, but they don't know anything yet about Laurie Lucas.

Sgt. Gremillion called back and indicated that they were able to rule out Nancy Shoupp, but they don't know anything yet about Laurie Lucas.
    now that's responsiveness!

any news about laurie Lucus?

Bump-was this Jane Doe ever compared to Vicky Lamberton, I wonder? Vicky went missing from MA, possibly Colorado in 1974. She had possibly been on a trip with her lover/married professor in Colorado when she disappeared.

Here is her WS thread:
    MA MA - Vickie Lee Lamberton, 24, Worcester, Feb 1974 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 11:49 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

[QUOTE=CarlK90245;5699936]The Doe Network:
    Case File 158UFCO
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/158ufco.html

img_24495.jpeg

Kimberly Ann Thompson https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7146/22/

Bumping for Echo Lake Jane Doe.