Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 158UFCO
158UFCO

158UFCO.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim by Daniel Marion

Unidentified Female

* Discovered on October 15, 1995 in Clear Creek County, Colorado.
* Only the skull was located
* Estimated Date of Death: Circa two years

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 20-36 years old
* Dentals: Available. She had received regular dental care.
* DNA: Available in CODIS.

Case History
The victim's skull was found in Clear Creek County, at Echo Park which is located south of Idaho Springs, Colorado.

Two hikers recovered a sun-bleached human skull, lying out in the woods in Denver Mountain Parks land, about one-half mile north of Echo Lake. Extensive search failed to turn up any other body parts. The dental work didn't fit the profile of a transient or a homeless person.

<MOD NOTE: Several original links throughout the thread were broken and have been edited to include the current link (when available) and images as of October 15, 2022>

Last edited by a moderator:
Since this is only a skull, there are not alot of details to compare, but this facial reconstruction sure looks to me like Nancy Lynn Begg Shoupp
158UFCO.jpg

1138DFCO - Nancy Lynn Begg Shoupp

From the details that we can compare:
* Her age (26) is within range (20-36)
* Her DLC (28-Apr-90) is about 5 1/2 years before the discovery of the skull (estimated to have been there "Circa two years")
* The skull was found about 50 miles from her hometown of Littleton, and also about 50 miles from Boulder. She was last seen en-route from Boulder to Littleton, and the remote areas off of I-70 west of Denver would be a logical disposal location if she was abducted from somewhere along the route between Boulder and Littleton.

There is no indication of whether or not Nancy is in CODIS. The UID is in CODIS, so if Nancy was in CODIS, we could rule her out on that basis.

Attachments

• 1665890444451.jpeg
    1665890444451.jpeg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1
is there a Namus profile for the UID? I looked last night and did not see one. maybe I was just tired.

if there is then there might be a rule out list.

is there a Namus profile for the UID? I looked last night and did not see one. maybe I was just tired.

if there is then there might be a rule out list.

No, there is not a NamUs file for this UID. There are no NamUs cases for Clear Creek County, nor are there any UID's found on 15-Oct-1995.

No, there is not a NamUs file for this UID. There are no NamUs cases for Clear Creek County, nor are there any UID's found on 15-Oct-1995.

any way to find out if they have ruled any missing persons out? I don't feel comfortable calling and I only have a 50% (at best) acknowledgement of emails.

any way to find out if they have ruled any missing persons out? I don't feel comfortable calling and I only have a 50% (at best) acknowledgement of emails.

I left a message with Det. Gremillion of the Clear Creek County Sheriff's office.

Det. Gremillion called me back. He had a list of people that they had looked at but he did not provide me with any names from the list.

I gave him the names of Nancy Lynn Begg-Shoupp and Laurie R. Lucas, and he did not see either of the two names on the list.

He said that he would look into these two leads. He was friendly and polite, and my impression was that he was interested in the info, and will probably follow-up (as opposed to some locales that just file them away).

Det. Gremillion called me back. He had a list of people that they had looked at but he did not provide me with any names from the list.

I gave him the names of Nancy Lynn Begg-Shoupp and Laurie R. Lucas, and he did not see either of the two names on the list.

He said that he would look into these two leads. He was friendly and polite, and my impression was that he was interested in the info, and will probably follow-up (as opposed to some locales that just file them away).

Sgt. Gremillion called back and indicated that they were able to rule out Nancy Shoupp, but they don't know anything yet about Laurie Lucas.

Echo Lake Jane Doe has been unidentified for 23 years today.

Echo Lake Jane Doe has been unidentified for 24 years today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back