Stand back, he bites: British fisherman grapples with ferocious 'giant piranha'.

Dark Knight

Reaction score
British angler Jeremy Wade looks understandably anxious as he grapples with this ferocious-looking 'giant piranha'.

The 52-year-old caught the aptly-named goliath tigerfish during a fishing expedition up the Congo River in Africa.

The brave fisherman was forced to hold the fish at arms-length for fear of being bitten by its razor-sharp teeth while posing with it for the camera.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...man-grapples-giant-piranha.html#ixzz133uNLw5w

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That is not a piranha, it's a Goliath Tiger Fish.

That is not a piranha, it's a Goliath Tiger Fish.

Yes, the article called it a Goliath Tiger Fish, but also called it a "larger, more deadly version of a piranha." Makes it sound cooler, I suppose, lol.

I know. I saw that episode months ago, several times. Thanks for posting the article. That is one cool looking fish! Never realized they existed before seeing "River Monsters."

I've been scuba diving in a spring-fed lake and was almost nose to nose with a big Muskie, but the teeth on that Tiger Fish are 10X larger. Glad it didn't bite my nose! Also, almost got my finger bit off by a Northern Pike who made a beeline for my glove across that same lake.

I did feel sad for that little girl who got bit in the side by a Tiger Fish. She was wearing a belt out of shiny bottlecaps and was jumping around in the Congo river. They go for shiny objects.

Yes, the article called it a Goliath Tiger Fish, but also called it a "larger, more deadly version of a piranha." Makes it sound cooler, I suppose, lol.

The only problem with them calling it a version of a piranha is that the two fish are in completely different families. The fish looks like a scary *advertiser censored* on it's own. I hate unnecessary media sensationalism. :banghead:

Oh my goodness...as far as I'm concerned all fish with big teeth are Piranha's or Sharks and I've seen some Piranha turtles too! :angel:

Thanks for the pictures Dark Knight!

I would like to know how he returned it to the water without getting promptly chewed up! :doughboy:

British angler Jeremy Wade looks understandably anxious as he grapples with this ferocious-looking 'giant piranha'.

The 52-year-old caught the aptly-named goliath tigerfish during a fishing expedition up the Congo River in Africa.

The brave fisherman was forced to hold the fish at arms-length for fear of being bitten by its razor-sharp teeth while posing with it for the camera.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...man-grapples-giant-piranha.html#ixzz133uNLw5w

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

And my MIL and FIL allowed my hubby to swim in the Congo when he was a little boy........

Oh my goodness...as far as I'm concerned all fish with big teeth are Piranha's or Sharks and I've seen some Piranha turtles too! :angel:

Thanks for the pictures Dark Knight!

I second that emotion...Some people are Piranhas too!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back