Human remains in Idaho - Oct 2010 - less than 300 miles from WVC - NOT SUSAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

laytonian

Reaction score
According to the local newspaper for the Ketchum-Hailey, Idaho area, human remains have been found. CLICK HERE to read the story.

It may be a very "interesting" find, since they're being so hush-hush (and describing the find only as "old, not new" bones).

I'm just throwing it in here, because these remains were apparently found as close to WVC, as the previously-discussed Wyoming remains were.

Also interesting, because it's opposite direction from "pony express" AND along a route more familiar to jP.

If you're tracking a UID from that area, please add this to your thread.

According to the local newspaper for the Ketchum-Hailey, Idaho area, human remains have been found. CLICK HERE to read the story.

It may be a very "interesting" find, since they're being so hush-hush (and describing the find only as "old, not new" bones).

I'm just throwing it in here, because these remains were apparently found as close to WVC, as the previously-discussed Wyoming remains were.

Also interesting, because it's opposite direction from "pony express" AND along a route more familiar to jP.

If you're tracking a UID from that area, please add this to your thread.

Thanks for info. Thinking of SK too...Rexburg/Thornton. If you take out Rexburg, it's exactly 300 miles.

Here's map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Ketchum,+ID&daddr=hailey,+id+to:Thornton,+ID+to:West+Valley+City,+UT&hl=en&geocode=FeSDmgId8vIu-Slthh4tqYKpVDHC9YQcb9VkRA%3BFY0OmAIdxK8v-SnVBn1yVdSrVDFRifSB2bdcag%3BFaWymwIdhGBV-Sl3IqemJ3NUUzEfmLlnYZ-BBQ%3BFZ3nbAId5v9S-SmziDX63YxShzHlrHiNmXR79Q&mra=ls&sll=42.504503,-113.510742&sspn=7.530578,14.018555&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=7

Here's temps and weather for Hailey on 12/7....VERY cold.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KIDHAILE2&month=12&day=7&year=2009

Rexburg is off-track for Powell. If she's up north, a direction JP would be very familiar with, gotta stay near I-84.

No one I know, would take that route from Utah to Sun Valley (Wood River Valley). MAP. It's how we all go to Sun Valley from Utah. Often.

People from Washington State would know the I-84 exit to Sun Valley (at Twin Falls, ID) well.

Besides trying to link the two cases (with SK known to be in St George on 12/7 and working on 12/8), I don't understand. Although Steven spent two years at LDS BYU-Idaho, he BLED RED for the University of Utah (a secular, state University).

Rexburg is off-track for Powell. If she's up north, a direction JP would be very familiar with, gotta stay near I-84.

No one I know, would take that route from Utah to Sun Valley (Wood River Valley). MAP. It's how we all go to Sun Valley from Utah. Often.

People from Washington State would know the I-84 exit to Sun Valley (at Twin Falls, ID) well.

Besides trying to link the two cases (with SK known to be in St George on 12/7 and working on 12/8), I don't understand. Although Steven spent two years at LDS BYU-Idaho, he BLED RED for the University of Utah (a secular, state University).

Agree. My putting Thornton on the map threw it off of what I intended.
Everytime I see Sun Valley mentioned, I think of Bavarian Pancakes. Use to be a great little restaurant there...fill up on your daily calories for breakfast and then hit the hot springs. Not a skier here.

No details released on human remains
Investigation into Oct. 15 discovery continues

by MATT FURBER
Express Staff Writer

A week and a half into an investigation of human bones found by a hunter on Oct. 15, the Blaine County Sheriff's Office is still declining to release details about the discovery.

"I'd request that we not release a lot of information," sheriff's Lt. Jay Davis told the press Monday.

Davis declined to say where the remains were found, explaining that if anyone comes forward with information, investigators don't want it influenced by what is reported by the news media.
Davis said the bones had been shipped to a laboratory for analysis to determine cause of death and identity, but said he wouldn't disclose where the bones had been sent to prevent any distraction in the investigation.

The sheriff's office is maintaining open investigations into three missing Blaine County residents: Albert J. Pitkethly, missing since September 2001; Robert Swaner, missing since July 2001 (his vehicle was found at a Fisher Creek trailhead in Custer County); and Richard Bendele, missing since November 1996.

more here

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005133836

My question...is anyone watching the Canadian border to see if JP takes off with or without children? Might be a good indication of who they are....speculation of course.

Porchlight for Albert Pitkethly: http://s10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=12134. He's missing from Gimlet, which is between Hailey and Ketchum.

Doenetwork for Richard Bendele: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1732dmid.html. He disappeared while hunting; his vehicle was last seen in the Laidlaw Park area, which seems to be the opposite end of the valley.

I couldn't find any missing persons entries for the third man, but I didn't have time to do a thorough search.

"...[Davis] said he wouldn't disclose where the bones had been sent to prevent any distraction in the investigation."

Maybe it's just me, but it's hard to see how a ten-year-old cold case or a hunter missing for 15 years would create that kind of distraction.

Agree. My putting Thornton on the map threw it off of what I intended.
Everytime I see Sun Valley mentioned, I think of Bavarian Pancakes. Use to be a great little restaurant there...fill up on your daily calories for breakfast and then hit the hot springs. Not a skier here.

We always eat at Ketchum Grill or The Christiana ... but when we're there, we're exhibitors, so no time for hot springs.

I don't understand all the "hush" about these remains; unless they suspect that the remains are tied to a murder case.

Can't even say where the remains were SENT? Good heavens. Logically, it would be the Idaho forensics lab.
The coroner doesn't even have access to the remains, and only saw them "on the ground".

Porchlight for Albert Pitkethly: http://s10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=12134. He's missing from Gimlet, which is between Hailey and Ketchum.

Doenetwork for Richard Bendele: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1732dmid.html. He disappeared while hunting; his vehicle was last seen in the Laidlaw Park area, which seems to be the opposite end of the valley.

I couldn't find any missing persons entries for the third man, but I didn't have time to do a thorough search.

"...[Davis] said he wouldn't disclose where the bones had been sent to prevent any distraction in the investigation."

Maybe it's just me, but it's hard to see how a ten-year-old cold case or a hunter missing for 15 years would create that kind of distraction.

We always eat at Ketchum Grill or The Christiana ... but when we're there, we're exhibitors, so no time for hot springs.

I don't understand all the "hush" about these remains; unless they suspect that the remains are tied to a murder case.

Can't even say where the remains were SENT? Good heavens. Logically, it would be the Idaho forensics lab.
The coroner doesn't even have access to the remains, and only saw them "on the ground".

I don't understand either...one of the oddest updates on remains I've ever read.

Especially curious the statement carbuff bolded & was thinking the same thing -- a really old cold case & what's up w/ the "distraction" comment.

The article mentions three men who are missing...so is this a male they found?

Distractions? Maybe they are afraid the reporters would camp out at the lab, bothering the ME? How weird.

My question...is anyone watching the Canadian border to see if JP takes off with or without children? Might be a good indication of who they are....speculation of course.
I live 30 miles north of JP. It would take him about 4 hours to get to the Canadian border. I doubt he would be independent enough to do that. I doubt he knows anyone in Canada. I doubt he is a traveler anyway. Not one to flee. He's too co-dependent on daddy in Puyallup. As he was... with his wife, who was his paycheck basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie