CA CA - Sharon Santos, 30, Burbank, 17 Aug 2004

CaliMom

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Burbank Woman Missing Since Tuesday

BURBANK — Police sought a woman today who has been missing since leaving work at Warner Bros. Studios Tuesday to go to her Burbank apartment, police said.

Coworkers became concerned after Sharon Anne Santos, 30, failed to show up for work and did not contact anyone, Burbank police Sgt. Jay Jette said.

"It would be out of character for her to be gone and not contact people and not let people know what she's doing and where she was going," Jette said in a broadcast report.

"Additionally, there are some personal items at home that normally a woman would take with her if she was going to be gone at all. This does have the detectives concerned."

Santos is 4 feet 11 inches, 100 pounds, with long brown hair and brown eyes. She drives a black 1999 two-door Honda Accord with the California license plate 4KOZ655.

Anyone with information about her whereabouts was asked to call Detective Sean Kelley at (818) 238-3245.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/082004_burbank_woman_missing.html

Thank YOU WasBlind. This is really close to home for me, it would be nice to get some answers soon for Sharon's family and friends.

Burbank Police Department
Official Press Release
DATE: 8-20-04
TO: MEDIA
PHONE NUMBER: 818 238-3237
Total number of pages: 1

MISSING ADULT Sharon Anne Santos:

Was last seen as she left work on Tuesday evening, August 17, 2004.

Sharon Santos was last seen by co-workers as she left work at the Warner Bros. Studios in Burbank, California. Investigators believe that she arrived at her Burbank apartment later that evening. Co-workers became concerned when Sharon did not arrive at work for two days and there has been no contact from her.

If anyone has any information regarding the whereabouts of Sharon Santos, please contact Detective Sean Kelley at the Burbank Police Department at 818-238-3245.

Sharon is described as: Female, Filipino, 30 years old, 4'11", 100 lbs, long brown hair, brown eyes.

Her vehicle is a black 1999 Honda Accord 2 door: California License 4KOZ655

Burbank Police Department
Press Information Office
200 N. Third St
Burbank, CA 91502
818 238-3237

04-9181

BURBANK, Calif. Warner Brothers Studios is offering a 25-thousand dollar reward for information leading to the safe return of a Burbank woman who has been missing for a week.

Sharon Santos has not been seen since leaving her job at the studio one week ago tonight.

Family and friends are holding a candlelight vigil for Santos tonight in front of her Burbank apartment.

Burbank police say there is no evidence of foul play, but friends and family members say it is out of character for Santos to leave without telling anyone of her whereabouts.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Burbank police.
http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=2216697

Prayer's for Sharon. That's a big place to get lost in. Sound's like a very responsible young woman,,,,,,,,,I pray this end's well and they find her.

xxxxxxxxxoooooooo
mama

I have been asked by a family friend for everyone to please use this website for updates on Sharon:

http://www.sharonsantos.com/

It is a mirror to the previous one, which I assume was temporary until they bought the domain name for her.

Thank you.

Kelly

Missing Person: Sharon Anne Santos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/g...1,7355282.story

Search for Burbank woman continues
Police seeking public's help to solve the disappearance of Warner Bros. employee. Studio is offering $25,000 reward.

By Mark R. Madler, News-Press

BURBANK — Family and friends gathered Tuesday night outside the apartment building of a 30-year-old woman who has been missing for more than a week.

Burbank Police, meanwhile, are stumped as to what happened to Sharon Anne Santos, a financial analyst in Warner Bros. Entertainment's International Television Division.

"There is nothing in the apartment or in the area that would lead us to believe anything criminal occurred," Sgt. Jay Jette said.

Investigators have contacted everybody who is of significance in Santos' life, including co-workers and former boyfriends, Jette said.

Because the disappearance is out of character and so unusual for Santos, the department is exhausting every possibility to find her, he added.

"At this point in time, we have nothing we are pursuing that has led us any particular direction," Jette said.

Several hours after the police discussed the case, a prayer vigil took place outside Santos' apartment building in the 1500 block of Scott Road.

Tom Hughes, pastor of Christian Assembly Church in Eagle Rock, led the crowd of about 100 in prayers that Santos would be found safe.

Nina Haynes, a high school friend of Santos, said that her friends and family remain hopeful that Santos will come home.

"I realize that a week has gone by and that matters have gotten more complicated, but we are not giving up," Haynes said.

Carlos Roca — whose wife, Kristen, is Santos' goddaughter — said that the family is holding up well right now.

"You see this kind of thing on TV, and you think it will never happen to someone that you know," Roca said. "It's really sad."

Though the vigil service lasted less than 10 minutes, people continued to remain outside the building, speaking to each other about the disappearance.

Santos was last seen by co-workers at Warner Bros. when she left work Aug. 17 and is believed by police to have arrived at her apartment.

Warner Bros. is offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the safe return of Santos, said Scott Rowe, vice president of corporate communications.

Santos is 4 feet 11, and weighs 100 pounds with long brown hair and brown eyes.

She drives a black, two-door 1999 Honda Accord with California license plate number 4KOZ655.

Anyone with information regarding Santos' whereabouts is asked to call Det. Sean Kelley at the Burbank Police Department at 238-3245.

Sharon Anne Santos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sharon Anne Santos (30) - CA
www.pasadenastarnews.com/...95,00.html

Article Published: Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 9:08:01 PM PST

Former W. Covina woman missing since August 17By Ruby

Sharon Anne Santos, a former West Covina resident, left work at Warner Bros. Studios and arrived at her Burbank apartment. From there, her trail ended.

The Nogales High School alumna who grew up in West Covina has been missing since Aug. 17.

Burbank police said, so far, there's nothing to indicate foul play but they deem her disappearance unusual. The only thing missing from her apartment appears to be the 30-year-old, her car and her car keys, according to Burbank Sgt. Jay Jette. Her wallet was left behind, he added.

"This is so extremely out of character for her. She didn't show up for work, has not contacted friends or family,' Jette said.

Warner Bros. is offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to her safe return.

"We are supporting the police in any way we can,' said Warner Bros. spokesman Scott Rowe. "We're obviously very concerned and worried about Sharon and her well-being. Right now, our thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.'

Santos works as a senior financial analyst for Warner Bros. International Television, he said. She's been with the studio about six months.

She was last seen by co-workers when she left work around 6:30 p.m., Jette said. Investigators say they have reason to believe she made it home to her apartment in the 1500 block of Scott Road that Tuesday night. They would not elaborate.

Santos' sister, Sandra Santos, 27, said Sharon is outgoing, friendly, smart, funny and generous. She said she has street smarts.

"We are trying our best (to cope). Sometimes some hours are more difficult than others, so we are taking things moment by moment,' Sandra Santos said.

A friend and Burbank police officer are expected to appear on ABC-TV's "Good Morning America' between 7 and 9 a.m. today.

Details on a Web site and search teams are being organized, family members said, but in the meantime a temporary Internet link has been set up at casewatchers.com . Click on missing persons.

A ribbon campaign is also planned, so that people can put them outside their homes or wear them, Sandra Santos said.

Sharon Santos is a Filipina, stands 4 feet, 11 inches tall, weighs 100 pounds, has long brown hair and brown eyes. She drives a black 2-door 1999 Honda Accord with the California license plate 4K0Z655.

24-Hour Hotline Established For Missing Woman
Woman's Employer Offers $25,000 Reward

POSTED: 8:53 am PDT August 27, 2004
UPDATED: 9:17 am PDT August 27, 2004

LOS ANGELES -- A 24-hour hotline has been established by the Burbank Police Department in an attempt to help find a woman who has been missing for 10 days, police said Thursday.

Sharon Santos disappeared after leaving work at Warner Bros. Studios Aug. 17 and returned to her Burbank apartment.

The hotline's number is (818) 238-3270.

Santos' apartment was secured and locked "and that's one of the baffling questions" about the case, Burbank police Sgt. Jay Jette said.

"She left her purse, wallet and credit cards ... the personal things someone would take with them ... and there is no evidence of forced entry," Jette said.

Santos, 30, is 4 feet 11 inches, 100 pounds, with long brown hair and brown eyes. She drives a black, 1999 two-door Honda Accord with California license plate 4KOZ655.

Warner Bros. has offered a $25,000 reward for information leading to Santos' safe return
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/3686681/detail.html

Systems analyst reported missing
Yong B. Chavez, Aug 25, 2004
LOS ANGELES — A Filipina systems analyst from Burbank, Calif. has been missing since Aug. 17. The family of Sharon Anne Santos is appealing to anyone with information about her whereabouts to come forward.

The 30-year-old Warner Bros. employee was last seen by co-workers leaving for home on Tuesday evening, Aug. 17.

“I got a call from Warner Bros. last Thursday morning and they told me that Sharon has not reported for work for two days already,” Sharon’s younger sister, Sandra Santos, said.

Investigators have searched her Burbank apartment where she lived alone. They found her cell phone and purse with money and credit cards intact. A window was open and the air conditioning was still on when the authorities arrived. There was no sign of forced entry.

Sharon’s car, a black two-door 1999 Honda Accord, with California license plate 4KOZ655, is also missing, according to Sandra. “It’s very unlike her to disappear like this, she always checks in with us, she’s very responsible,” Sandra said. “The fact that her purse and cell phone were left behind makes us very worried,” she added.

“She doesn’t have any reason to run away so we’re sure that that was not what happened,” Edna Santos, Sharon’s mother said. Friends and neighbors of the Santos family have been showing up in her West Covina house to give support to the family. “I just hope that she’s okay, that she’s not in pain, and that soon she’ll walk into our house and everything will be okay again,” Sharon’s visibly shaken mother said.

The Burbank Police Department describes Sharon as weighing 100 lbs., is 4’11” in height and has brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone who has information regarding Sharon’s whereabouts can contact Detective Sean Kelley at (818)238-3245.

http://www.philippinenews.com/news/view_article.html?article_id=8913b5d81e554c8c623badd72b79b281

Special thanks to Lisa at South Bay, and Yong at Philippine News Online for sending me this story.
With HOPE, Lanie
HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

SharonAnne.jpg

The Attorney General has now added Sharon to their state web site. The link can be seen here
http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/feature.asp

and viewed here
http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=2440423200433

Thanks to Cat for sending me this link.
Prayers for your friend, and that she is found soon.
With HOPE, Lanie
HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

Sharon's body has been found in the trunk of her car. No suspects. May she rest in peace.
Karen

A statement will be released tomorrow. Until that time, I ask that each of you respect their privacy.

I ask that you pray for this family, whom I have grown to love very much during their search.

All I can tell you now, is that her car was found at 12:30pm and a female was in the trunk. It is believed to be her, but not yet confirmed.

Thank you all for your consideration for this family, who is deeply bereaved over their incredible loss.

Messages of condolence may be put in the memory book for Sharon at http://www.casewatchers.com/missing/FindSharon.html

With prayers for all who love and miss her so much, Lanie

The search team have asked me to lock this thread for 24 hours out of honor and respect for the Sharon Santos family.

The family asks for your prayers during this extremely difficult time.

A statement will be issued tomorrow by the search team

Without Administrative approval I wont lock this thread, But I ask posters to consider the request of those that loved and knew MS Santos.

tybee

A statement from the Santos Search team 09-02-04

Sadness is with us all today

Dear all,

It is with the heaviest of heart that I must tell you that Sharon's car was found this afternoon at about 12:30 pm. Although not confirmed by detectives, they believe that the female body found in the car's trunk is Sharon.

The family has been gathering at the Santos' (xxxx xxxxxx) home and are being surrounded by friends and neighbors. You are encouraged to come by and join us as we continue to support the family through this tragic ordeal.

I am sorry to deliver this news to you in this medium, but the family believes it is important to update the group since many supporters are not in the Los Angeles area and may not be aware of this terrible news.

We are grateful for your incredible support and thank you for extending it to the family during this most difficult of times.
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."

(I will continue to keep you informed of updates as we get them).

Lisa @ South Bay
(edited for privacy)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth