NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Social Networks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding social networks
Regarding facebook,twitter, and myspace you can link but do not cut and paste. But the goal is to really only link to those that are directly linked to a case.
IOW, we don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman , or postal carrier just because they know the main player. It just gets too invasive and half the time we are not even sure it is the right person. When a post starts out, I found 5 people with this name do you you think any of these are [insert person here]? that is not a good thing.
It will often be up to mod discretion as to who can and cannot be linked, but the general rule of thumb is if they are named in the media specifically as having some role or are being questioned or have information then you are probably safe to link. No screen caps and no cutting and pasting. If a social media is set to private and you get in the back way and post what you see, that is not a good thing!Private means private.
Just imagine if is you if you cannot decide and you shoulod be able to figure out if it is ok.
You are free to discuss what you may come upon,but if it is just a lot of gossip and rumor it won't fly. People open facebook accounts and post whatever they want and to carry that as some sort of inside info is careless. but, sometimes there is really valuable information that may even come into evidence as in the Caylee Anthony case.So, if you know for a fact it is the right person and they are named outright in the msm as someone linked to the case it should be fine. IF IT IS A MINOR DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!
If something was posted as public and then removed you might be able to post it, it is up to the mod of the forum and it depends on who, what, when and where.
The mods are listed at the bottom right of the forum under the index, they can generally help. If not, they will ask admin for guidance and we will all decide what is best.
Generally we try not to invade everyone's privacy and if the linked information has no bearing on anything, then leave it out.
We moderate here. Some people love it and some people hate it. Up to you to stay or go, choice is yours. Complaining about our rules doesn't help. if you have a suggestion or think of a better way, bring it on! We are far from perfect and welcome your input as long as it is civil and basically polite.

Rumors are not allowed! If you have questions please PM me or a Mod, we will be happy to help. Lets keep the threads dedicated to Zahra. Thank you.

Ima

This gets posted every once in awhile as it's a good reliable source, with around thirty questions & answers from Channel 14, which claims it "has not reported anything on this case until it is confirmed by officials." Covers all kinds of topics. A good read for both the uninitiated and those brushing up on their knowledge of Z's case.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/zahra_baker_case/zahra_baker_questions/

No one questioned me either when I was leaving the country with my kids. I did have my court papers with me if needed but no one ever said a word. Getting their passports was simple enough too...my ex-husband refused to sign for them but I only had to fill out a form and submit that along with the court order.

Thing is...AB already broke a law just in taking Zahra out of Australia without a separate court order specifically stating he could. (Again I'm assuming he didn't take the legit route though.) I get the feeling moving to America was very much on impulse.

No one questioned me either when I was leaving the country with my kids. I did have my court papers with me if needed but no one ever said a word. Getting their passports was simple enough too...my ex-husband refused to sign for them but I only had to fill out a form and submit that along with the court order.

Thing is...AB already broke a law just in taking Zahra out of Australia without a separate court order specifically stating he could. (Again I'm assuming he didn't take the legit route though.) I get the feeling moving to America was very much on impulse.

I simply cannot understand what he was thinking by marrying EB and moving his daughter away from her homeland and medical care that she so desperately needed. What was he told about the US or how life would be here that he'd think it would be to his financial advantage? My mind just can't comprehend how someone could be so taken with a woman he met through the Internet that he'd give up everything he had in Australia to come here where he has no legal status for anything. :waitasec: MOO

Quote from previous thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117803&page=22
Posted by: LCoastMom

"Zahra would have turned 11 - November 16. In the US, 11 yr old girls in the 50th percentile are 4’8″ (56″ and weigh 80 lbs – an 11 yr old at 60″ – 61″ is near off the chart at 90 – 95 percentile while her weight of 55 lbs would be the 5th percentile or at 85 lbs she is in the 28th percentile. This according to the CDC."

Just for comparison purposes, my own daughter is 9 1/2 and way off the charts in both directions. She is *very* tall and thin for her age, always has been. She's 5'1", and I'm guessing approx. 75 lbs. She's head and shoulders above almost all the other kids her age. Aside from genetics (both myself & her father are tall & thin), she's always on the go, burning off calories. She has an older friend who is about 10 1/2, and appears to be about the same height (but alot heavier).

I wonder how long EB had been 'known' AB before she took off to Oz as well. Something tells me it wasn't very long. I found it interesting that in the MS blog that someone posted (can't remember who, sorry!) that her daughter Brittany S called AB her mother's *lover*... just an interesting choice of words imo...

I've read several times in these threads that you need some kind of "letter" from the other parent in order to leave the country with your kids, but that has never happened to me. I've traveled in and out of innumerable countries with my daughter and never have I been asked for any kind of "letter" either. Just her passport. The same with cruises and such. Her father has taken her out of the country as well and has never needed any kind of letter from me allowing him to do so.

I simply cannot understand what he was thinking by marrying EB and moving his daughter away from her homeland and medical care that she so desperately needed. What was he told about the US or how life would be here that he'd think it would be to his financial advantage? My mind just can't comprehend how someone could be so taken with a woman he met through the Internet that he'd give up everything he had in Australia to come here where he has no legal status for anything. :waitasec: MOO

LOL

I met my husband online too and moved my munchkins. I can't speak for Oz but many in the UK believe America to be 'the land of milk and honey'. Most people question why my husband didn't move there instead (long story).

I have to be honest - it irks me to no end that no one was Zahra's advocate just in the move alone! Before we moved to Britain I brought the kids over and we visited their school, parks, talked to locals, visited shops, etc. We watched BBC America for 6 months straight. That little sprite deserved to have someone caring about making such a huge adjustment at least a bit easier on her. And it seems from all we've seen everyone that truly cared was more than half a world away.

It just wasn't fair to Zahra the way she was uprooted. :furious:

LOL

I met my husband online too and moved my munchkins. I can't speak for Oz but many in the UK believe America to be 'the land of milk and honey'. Most people question why my husband didn't move there instead (long story).

I have to be honest - it irks me to no end that no one was Zahra's advocate just in the move alone! Before we moved to Britain I brought the kids over and we visited their school, parks, talked to locals, visited shops, etc. We watched BBC America for 6 months straight. That little sprite deserved to have someone caring about making such a huge adjustment at least a bit easier on her. And it seems from all we've seen everyone that truly cared was more than half a world away.

It just wasn't fair to Zahra the way she was uprooted. :furious:
I think you understand what I was getting at. It's not so much him finding her on the Internet, but the seeming lack of knowledge about her, or what moving to the US would entail.......and not putting his daughter's needs first. As I understand in Australia she had medical care, yet the only thing she seems to have received here in the US are hearing aids, and that was through charity. She needed regular checks on her prosthesis and replacements, yet LE was seeking records from Australia, so it appears she didn't have that care here. She is a cancer survivor, yet at any time she could've come out of remission. We still don't know what his work status here in the US is either, whether he could legally be employed or was 'under the table' with or without the house included. And EB didn't have a job nor is she independently wealthy. In other words, as you said, Zahra should have been the first priority. MOO

This in the comments Hickory Daily Record article. Of course no proof just a guess or inside info?

"Word from the grape vine is that an indictment package is being prepared for the grand jury. They must have some good forensic evidence and of course they wouldn't tell us that.
It makes sense though....since they have appointed Lisa Dubs."

BBM

There is no proof that AB broke any laws in bringing Zahra to America at this time. It has been discussed at length what is required to take a child out of Australia and I have provided numerous links to Australian government websites for clarification. Unless the biological mother or the Australian government make a statement we have no way of knowing whether Adam Baker had the required consent or not.

I've read several times in these threads that you need some kind of "letter" from the other parent in order to leave the country with your kids, but that has never happened to me. I've traveled in and out of innumerable countries with my daughter and never have I been asked for any kind of "letter" either. Just her passport. The same with cruises and such. Her father has taken her out of the country as well and has never needed any kind of letter from me allowing him to do so.

That is not what was posted in the threads, the discussion centered around the requirements in attaining a passport for Zahra, for international travel and what that would require. You cannot get the passport in the first place without filing the correct paperwork.

I have a feeling you're right, she probably shared WAY too much..

I appreciate all of your insight into the 'virtual world' NoeticSoul! My best friend was (may still be) really into 2nd Life and was trying to explain it to me one night many months ago. He was showing me *his house on the ocean front* and telling me how things worked.. trying to talk me into giving it a try. My eyes just glazed over after a few minutes, lol! I told him that the last thing I needed was something else to distract me from what I need to be doing!

Thanks :) I cannot imagine WHY she would share that with her own daughters? Bragging perhaps. IDK. I bet they know allot more about her activities online.

I also believe that, as you said in your post.. "the last thing I needed was something else to distract me from what I need to be doing" that EB was NEVER doing what she was supposed to be doing. And that the Internet is one of the things that caused ZB to be neglected. I really do. Neglected (school, medical checkups, food, daily activities) as well as physically abused for perhaps disturbing EB during her 'online time'. I believe she reacted violently towards ZB when interrupted. Claiming that Zahra was home-schooled by EB is absurd.

ALL JMHO.

I think America would have looked very inciting to someone living in a small country town in Australia.

Sorry SherlockHomey- I didn't see that you had beat me to it!

Do they hold regular Grand Juries for the area? What would be the nearest court where they do that, as in would it be in Charlotte?

I think America would have looked very inciting to someone living in a small country town in Australia.

Oh I agree, and a lot of places in Australia are very beautiful also :) however, to just pick up and move to a foreign country with a daughter who needs medical care, with no job prospects and a new wife who is unemployed, I would think one would check out more thoroughly what they were getting into. MOO

If the trial comes to be, I am absolutely certain they would not hold it in this area. They would move it somewhere else because of the emotion of the public involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth