GUILTY FL - Dylan Edmondson, 3 mos, shaken to death, Jacksonville, 19 Jan 2010

daisy7

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
A Jacksonville mother charged with shaking her baby to death has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder.

Alexandra V. Tobias, 22, was arrested after the January death of 3-month-old Dylan Lee Edmondson. She told investigators she became angry because the baby was crying while she was playing a computer game called FarmVille on the Facebook social-networking website.

(snip)

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...y-interrupting-farmville-pleads-guilty-murder

Wow..umm trying to be a wordsmith and craft my words carefully here to avoid a time out because I can't do that I remain speechless. :cursing:

When i first read this i thought it was a joke...

HONESTLY - WTH IS GOING ON IN THIS WORLD???

I wish we could stop the insanity!

I read about this yesterday & it sounded so familiar - young blonde mom playing on computer, & shaking her baby possibly hitting it on the computer or desk...so I looked thru older threads & could never find it. So maybe this isn't such a rare occurrence. (?)

So much more tragic for these little kids whose caretakers can't put the mouse down long enough to hold, feed, change, or rock them to sleep....got me to thinking about other cases where the computer was priority -- the online shoe-shopper mom whose baby drowned in the tub, the couple in Asia who starved their baby, the dad who beat his little boy who was crying while he played a game.....computers were supposed to make lives better -- not end them. :cry:

This is again one of the few times I am rendered speechless. What can anyone possibly say here?

Local news is covering this... a 3 month old killed over Farmville... how SICK!

Too many people take that site and those stupid games far too seriously. I just disabled my FB account due to some of that silly crap...

well anyone who thinks FB is more important than their child has a few screws loose anyway

there always have been and always will be idiots who should not be parents

it's not the technology - if it wasn't facebook, it would be some other habit that people are too selfish to ignore for the sake of their children

well anyone who thinks FB is more important than their child has a few screws loose anyway

there always have been and always will be idiots who should not be parents

it's not the technology - if it wasn't facebook, it would be some other habit that people are too selfish to ignore for the sake of their children

(above BBM)

Exactly. IMO it's not really the computer or Facebook, it's these poor excuses for parents. People like that are going to always have something that is more important than the welfare of their children. Unbelievable. :furious:

What is it with these new parents that are so irresponsible, so selfish and so cruel and stupid? How many of these are we finding every darn day?

I have to go vomit now.

this one really does my head in....farmville aside, one of the articles I read today says she shook the baby.....went out to smoke and calm down....came back and SHOOK SOME MORE.

maybe the damage at first shake was already fatal but maybe not, you know? why didnt the smoke break help at all, did her lighter break or something?

A north Florida mother has pleaded guilty to shaking her baby to death after the boy's crying interrupted her game on Facebook.

Alexandra V. Tobias pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on Wednesday and remains jailed.

The Florida Times-Union reports that she told investigators she was angered because the boy was crying while she was playing the game FarmVille.

The paper also reports that she told investigators she shook the boy, smoked a cigarette to compose herself and then shook him again.

Snipped from: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/28/baby-killed-interrupting-moms-facebook-time/?test=latestnews

:( so man would have loved to adopt that little guy :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back