GUILTY TX - Virginia Earnest for child *advertiser censored*, Odessa, 2008

Missizzy

Reaction score
Sexual exploration is totally normal amongst toddlers but what matters is how a parent or caregiver deals with it. A decent and moral parent will redirect and will start teaching about boundaries while emphasizing the healthiness and diversity of bodies. Here's an example of what not to do. I'm afraid Virginia has some knowledge about more incidents than just this one. In her mug shot, she looks pretty pleased with herself, IMO

http://www.oaoa.com/articles/earnest-54823-prison-child.html

Woman gets 18 months for child *advertiser censored* of daughter

"An Odessa woman who videotaped her 4-year-old daugther performing sex acts in a bathtub was sentenced Tuesday to 18 months in prison after an emotional hearing in federal court.

Virginia Cheyenne Earnest, 33, was also ordered to pay a $25,000 fine and spend 30 years on supervised release once she is released from prison.

Earnest faced two counts of producing child *advertiser censored*, but she avoided a minimum 15-year prison sentence in August by pleading guilty to possession of child *advertiser censored*. According to a plea agreement, Earnest agreed to cooperate with law enforcement and possibly testify in an unspecified case...."

more at link

Deviant!

What in the heck happened to that poor little 4 year old that would make her act out sexually? That article doesn't sound like childlike fascination or curiosity. It sounds like that poor kid had either witnessed something or was harmed herself.

18 months in prison? A lousey 18 months? She needs to be removed from society forever. Assure she doesn't reproduce. Barbie Doll my *advertiser censored*s.

shaking head. for petes sake when this carp end?!?

Was she planning on selling this video? Maybe that's what the unspecified case (that she'll testify in) is about.

Note that she bargained that plea down. No doubt this woman has had some past experience with child *advertiser censored*. I wouldn't doubt that it involved this little innocent girl.

A really good foster home or relative placement (with lots of support and training) CAN turn this ship around. The little ones are young and most likely didn't experience pain (we can pray). They can be redirected into healthier behavior. It's quite possible to validate that certain behaviors did occur but that "we don't act that way here". There's a huge teaching window at age 3-4 unless there's been trauma, fear or pain. And yes, I read the relative's victim impact statement but I'm still hopeful. My advice to the family is to address the emerging needs of the child and try not to hyper-focus on the crimes. At this age, children can move on with support.

I still wonder how this crime came to light. Possibly some of her cronies were under investigation for other child *advertiser censored*?

Isn't there a vast difference in sentencing with men and women? It really astounds me. Earnest got 30 years supervised release but I don't see a requirement to register. I believe if she were male, she's have to register for life. Can anyone explain the difference between supervised release and the registry?

ty Izzy! As a parent of one child who discovered another child relative being overtly sexually inappropriate with mine I can simply say AMEN to all you have said. My son was four, his "abuser" was seven and hypersexualized by some experience that she to this day will not divulge and denies.

Your point that the ship can be turned around is so true in the case of my son but I want to add that I am hyper vigilant with him, and his abuser now, always alert for signs that this sort of behavior may come up again with abuser or my son perhaps become the next perpetrator. The whole experience was eye opening for me and I have become a much more "eyes on" parent because of it.

This poor little girl in this case needs caring folk who have educated themsleves on how best to supervise and aid this little lady so she can move through this.

tlcox--You are a fine mom, indeed. We need so many more like you!!

Children mimic what they see as well as what they experience. Sometimes something as innocuous as peeking through a door and secretly watching an R rated film can cause little ones to try things. I'm sure most have seen the videos of the baby boppin' to Beyonce's "Put a Ring On It". That little guy is copying what he sees. Most think it's adorable as he's really tiny and is having a great time. He's just enjoying moving that little bunny. We'd all probably react differently if a 6 or 12 year old tried it with skimpy clothes. It's all relative, isn't it?

If little ones see adults sexily dancing, they'll try it. If they are met with laughter and giggles, they'll repeat it again and again. If they see older sibs fooling around or film of sexual relations, they'll try that too. After all, touching one's self feels mighty good (even for the youngest child) and kids have unlimited curiosity about bodies. Why wouldn't they? Bodies are quite intriguing. Adults certainly enjoy looking. Children are no different. They deserve to know the proper names and workings of all their "bits and bobs" and to have instruction as to what is appropriate behavior in different settings. As always, family and community standards can be diverse and should be respected if they fall within what is legal.

It's all about validating healthy curiosity and honoring the beauty of children's bodies while lovingly and patiently setting boundaries. When children have had an experience that breaches those boundaries, vigilance is necessary but it should never be punitive. Always try to "set up" success and positive behavior and reward children fully with positive reactions when they follow society's "rules". Teaching sexual boundaries is no different, really, than teaching that we can run and play in the park but not in church or the restaurant. Children are quick learners.

We, parents have such an awesome responsibility. Done right, it's amazing what can develop.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back