MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard any further news regarding the other test results which remain outstanding from DR's property? I know the ash / dirt didn't reveal any information -- but I know they were still testing other items seized from the most recent search, and wondered if results had been made public as yet? If not, anyone know when those might be publically available?

Has anyone heard any further news regarding the other test results which remain outstanding from DR's property? I know the ash / dirt didn't reveal any information -- but I know they were still testing other items seized from the most recent search, and wondered if results had been made public as yet? If not, anyone know when those might be publically available?

There hasn't been anything published about it so far, Margaret, I've been watching. You'd think it wouldn't be much longer. It's frustrating to wait though. I keep telling myself as frustrating as it for us, think how bad it must be for Jacob's family who have waited 21 years. I really hope they come up with some answers.

I've been lurking, as there really isn't much to say. Just one thought, however. I don't think anything has been found and think the test results are a dead issue.

At least they haven't given up looking for whoever did this. This is a quote from the sheriff:

"Sanner said the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension notified his office late Monday that forensic tests on items unearthed at the farm site this summer turned up no evidence that would lead to an arrest or solve the case.

He said testing on some items will continue, but because the investigation is ongoing, the items tested and the type of testing will remain confidential.

He added, however, that investigators from Stearns County, the BCA and FBI remain committed to solving the case, which has transfixed a region for more than two decades.

"Is it a disappointment? Somewhat," Sanner said. "But for me, it's more of a motivator. I can get knocked down many times, but I'm going to keep getting back up again. And that's where we're at right now."

"If the individual responsible for this crime thinks they can breathe easier, that's a huge mistake."

At least they haven't given up looking for whoever did this. This is a quote from the sheriff:

"Sanner said the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension notified his office late Monday that forensic tests on items unearthed at the farm site this summer turned up no evidence that would lead to an arrest or solve the case.

He said testing on some items will continue, but because the investigation is ongoing, the items tested and the type of testing will remain confidential.

He added, however, that investigators from Stearns County, the BCA and FBI remain committed to solving the case, which has transfixed a region for more than two decades.

"Is it a disappointment? Somewhat," Sanner said. "But for me, it's more of a motivator. I can get knocked down many times, but I'm going to keep getting back up again. And that's where we're at right now."

"If the individual responsible for this crime thinks they can breathe easier, that's a huge mistake."

So, what is the sheriff saying? He certainly seems fixated on DR, despite no evidence. Maybe he needs a new focus. I've always thought St. John's would be a more obvious place to look further.

So, what is the sheriff saying? He certainly seems fixated on DR, despite no evidence. Maybe he needs a new focus. I've always thought St. John's would be a more obvious place to look further.

Hi Trino, I hope your knee is doing better...

How far is St. John's from the convenience store Jacob and the boys went to on the night of the abduction?

IMO, he's saying he's not going to rest until he finds Jacob and whoever stole Jacob. He didn't mention any names, just that he's not giving up.

shergirl-I don't read DR's name in that statement from the sheriff.

I agree with your point totally

shergirl-I don't read DR's name in that statement from the sheriff.

I agree with your point totally

This is the entire sheriff's statement. He has previously stated that DR is a POI. Sure sounds like his reference is to him, although no name is mentioned.

Bumping for Jacob - in my thoughts, in my prayers, and (hopefully) remaining on the first page here @ WS!

- This sounds like a multi person job most sadly (mentioned by several of you above).
- There will have been a number of witnesses, who heard enquiries being made, bits of information exchanged etc.
- There is a gradation between out of state, out of county, in county and local, and between distant and nearby stranger, semi-stranger, an acquaintance of an acquaintance, etc .
- You have already established a time frame for a vehicle to have driven off.
- Several other vehicles come into the story.
- What university or college was the Art Department part of, that the student was from, who was in the area.
- As for sketches of faces, of men seen in those localities, it is probable they are relevant in some way rather than not relevant. They don't all have to be the same person.
- People with clunky mannerisms & naievety could be thought of as being "ideal" to implicate somehow.

(I occasionally follow a few of these most sad events from a distance but am not essentially involved)

Is it my or someone's job to forward any of these ideas to any authority?

I feel bad lest I should be thought meddling. I couldn't even begin to handle these matters myself.

- my last "bullet point" seems badly worded, apologies. I meant, implicated by leading perpetrators.
- if a leading perpetrator arranged for a second party to perform a subsidiary role it could have happened in several ways:

the second party didn't know what the (main) crime was going to be/had been
the second party's role wasn't a criminal act
the second party's role was a criminal act albeit subsidiary in function to the main crime

etc.

Likewise with third parties and whoever else may have been employed in various roles.

In regard to St Johns Abbey it appears from their publications that I have perused, that they are not Christians in belief. It is anyone's guess what this may cloak.

(Coincidentally in a completely separate case a sexually abusive priest was said to have "bizarre theology".)

It's plausible they might be regarded by some elements as an informative pool regarding strategic intelligence, and/or means of gaining tactical intelligence, and/or miscellaneous resources, for example.

(That goes for another case in connection with which they are mentioned, too.)

Interestingly they sent priests to man not only St Josephs but also several parishes in the St Paul-Minneapolis conurbation. It could be anyone's guess by whom they may have been contacted in more than one location.

I would be interesting to know whether St Cloud diocese and St Paul-Minneapolis archdiocese would also be considered to bear vicarious liability for employing the monks from the Abbey in their parishes.

Some (but only 11) monk records were reviewed in connection with the Wetterling abduction in '02 reportedly.

It shocks me how your politicians apparently think it suitable to not prosecute on sexual offences, and if they had done, some of those men would have been out of circulation and less liable to pass on bits of information however peripheral in a crime like this one.

I think I didn't post very clearly. It is of course for each to decide what beliefs he shall or shall not espouse. In relation to the small number of documents I read I wondered whether there were inconsistencies and whether this may indicate some members of the abbey may have found it a muddleheaded environment.
In relation to any of the members of the abbey being witnesses in this case however peripherally, they could have all died meanwhile.
In a rapidly changing society although we hope eternal values won't change, it can be difficult to know how to project ideas back and forth over a period of 21 or more years.
I'm not into politics much and on balance it's not much my scene to comment on other people's or at least not in this context.
I don't have much intellect so I'm afraid I can't be of much help really.

In regard to St Johns Abbey it appears from their publications that I have perused, that they are not Christians in belief. It is anyone's guess what this may cloak.

(Coincidentally in a completely separate case a sexually abusive priest was said to have "bizarre theology".)

It's plausible they might be regarded by some elements as an informative pool regarding strategic intelligence, and/or means of gaining tactical intelligence, and/or miscellaneous resources, for example.

(That goes for another case in connection with which they are mentioned, too.)

Interestingly they sent priests to man not only St Josephs but also several parishes in the St Paul-Minneapolis conurbation. It could be anyone's guess by whom they may have been contacted in more than one location.

I would be interesting to know whether St Cloud diocese and St Paul-Minneapolis archdiocese would also be considered to bear vicarious liability for employing the monks from the Abbey in their parishes.

Some (but only 11) monk records were reviewed in connection with the Wetterling abduction in '02 reportedly.

It shocks me how your politicians apparently think it suitable to not prosecute on sexual offences, and if they had done, some of those men would have been out of circulation and less liable to pass on bits of information however peripheral in a crime like this one.

It's not really up to our sheriff or politicians to prosecute anyone at St. John's. They have their own little "town" as it were, and are under diocesan (sp?) or papal rule more than under local law enforcement. This is true of any priests in the US, if they do wrong, they are removed or punished by their bishop - who is directly over them. Sometimes, it goes all the way to the pope, as it did when there were several cases of abuse brought to light by priests (and monks) across the country a few years back.

(It's not only the US, of course, I'm sure the UK and other countries have their share of wayward ministers, people who get into the profession with the wrong intent - or go bad once they are in there.) Because there were 3 assaults/kidnappings in this area, St. John's has really been put under a spotlight by some of us. Some of these priests and monks admitted their wrongs also and were never really "punished" as a civilian would be. I think if they had been more open when Josh and Jacob went missing and allowed searches, they wouldn't be in this position now.

It does make it easier for a large community of priests like St. John's to "hide" these priests though, and protect them from actual prison, by saying they are on restrictions at the abbey. It's my opinion that these cover ups have been aided by grads from St. John's, many of whom have become influential lawyers, politicians, newspaper editors (or journalists and TV), and prominent business men. Money talks. You can bet if it was just a tiny poor cloister of monks in a small group there would have been much more media attention thrown on them.

I do want to stress that just because they have some bad priests there, like any group in society that has bad apples, there are also good points about St. Johns. St. John's is a wonderful college offering opportunities to students from across the globe, and has had many fine graduates. I'd hate to denounce the whole college because of these abusive priests that were never handled properly.

I cannot understand why priests are different than everyone else. They get to live at the beautiful St. John's location.

Why are they exempt from the laws? This makes no sense to me whatsoever.

They should be in prison, although it certainly saves the taxpayer money.

But if any had anything to do with the 3 young men, then there is no amount of money that should have been spared to send these perverts to prison.

A nice under ground one in Oak Park Heights

I cannot understand why priests are different than everyone else. They get to live at the beautiful St. John's location.

Why are they exempt from the laws? This makes no sense to me whatsoever.

They should be in prison, although it certainly saves the taxpayer money.

But if any had anything to do with the 3 young men, then there is no amount of money that should have been spared to send these perverts to prison.

A nice under ground one in Oak Park Heights

I totally agree, human. It shouldn't be any different. I wish I knew why MSM ignores it all. I'm afraid some of those priests have been let go for so long that they are dead or senile by now. I hope someday someone somewhere talks about what they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member