Zahra's hearing aids

wenwe4

Reaction score
All things related to Zahra's hearing aides

All things related to Zahra's hearing aides

wenwe, thank you for starting this thread. Am I the only person who remembers that her hearing aids were found in the hallway at 21 21st?

I've searched MSM and cannot verify this right now. Any help would be much appreciated.

wenwe, thank you for starting this thread. Am I the only person who remembers that her hearing aids were found in the hallway at 21 21st?

I've searched MSM and cannot verify this right now. Any help would be much appreciated.

I remember that, can't remember where I read it but it was a while ago...I'll see if I can find it too :waitasec:

Yes, when I read the hallway, I thought what kind of house keeper was EB and why in a hallway drawer etc?
At first the report was Zahra's bedroom, which made sense.
Then a link came out about hallway.

Yes I remember when the link was posted about the hearing aids in the hallway. The only reason I would not this this was odd is if there was some sort of table or hutch with a lamp on it sitting in the hallway outside of her room. I have one I throw my keys and shoes on so that the dog doesn't chew them.

were the hearing aids found. If not then I would think she died during waking hours. During sleep I would assume they were out?

PATHETIC either way..she could hear the torment or just see and feel the pain without hearing their words to her when this took place.

THis is the saddest most disturbing crime story that I have heard about in a very long time. May Zarah rest in peace and await her bio mom in heaven

I recall FINDING and posting the link but I think it was another case of an article being editted after the fact and I didn't know how to do and post the screenshot thingy.

So frustrating how much misinformation is about. How can we effectively sleuth when we can't even be sure of the facts as reported in MSM?

Would like to know if the batteries were dead and if it is possible to tell how long those batteries had been dead. Wonder if it could be verified what brand or type of batteries were put in them when she got them. I kinda think the originals were in there and once they died those hearing aids went into either that hallway drawer/table or a table in Zahra's room where they sat.

JMHO

Would like to know if the batteries were dead and if it is possible to tell how long those batteries had been dead. Wonder if it could be verified what brand or type of batteries were put in them when she got them. I kinda think the originals were in there and once they died those hearing aids went into either that hallway drawer/table or a table in Zahra's room where they sat.

JMHO

I would tend to agree with this completely except for the fact that she had them during the time she was in school and it was the school that iniciated her getting them to begin with. It would have brought up red flags if she would have been attending school without them. Now she could have been forced to wear them with dead batterys for appearence sake I supose but then I think they would have the same effect as ear plugs and surely someone would have noticed that also. I dont think EB would want to call undue attention of her abuse to the school. JMO

Since we have a dedicated thread now, I am bringing over a couple of my old posts, including the link to the video where they say that the hearing aids were found in the hall.

If EB was involved in Zahra's disappearance, do you think she would have the foresight to deliberately leave the girl's hearing aids behind?

Did she forget about them?

Did she wait until Zahra took them out and went to sleep, to attack her?

Did Zahra always take the hearing aids out, when she went to bed?

Are Zahra's fingerprints, the only ones on the hearing aids?

Why leave the hearing aids but dispose of the prosthetic leg?

I wonder if Zahra was known to take out the hearing aids and take off the prosthetic leg at bedtime?

I am just looking at video interviews from the beginning of the case, and just skip right on over if you already know these 2 details.

I didn't know them, and thought there were others who may also not know.

-Zahra's hearing aids were recovered in the hall of her home

-According to Brittany B. and her mother Kim D., Zahra stayed over at their house often. They said that Zahra's routine never varied. About an hour before bed, Zahra would take off her prosthetic leg. Always.

CBS Interview:
http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13308224#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl
"Would like to know if the batteries were dead and if it is possible to tell how long those batteries had been dead. Wonder if it could be verified what brand or type of batteries were put in them when she got them. I kinda think the originals were in there and once they died those hearing aids went into either that hallway drawer/table or a table in Zahra's room where they sat.

JMHO "

I'm confident that LE has checked everything out and has obtained alot of interesting info about them that they aren't divulging.

I would tend to agree with this completely except for the fact that she had them during the time she was in school and it was the school that iniciated her getting them to begin with. It would have brought up red flags if she would have been attending school without them. Now she could have been forced to wear them with dead batterys for appearence sake I supose but then I think they would have the same effect as ear plugs and surely someone would have noticed that also. I dont think EB would want to call undue attention of her abuse to the school. JMO

True, but Zahra hadn't been in school for awhile due to summer and then the 'homeschooling' story from EB, so it is possible that they hadn't been worn for some time and just left unused and forgotten about when Zahra 'went missing'.

IIRC Zahra got them on May 10, 2010. School usually ends the first week of June. So, Zahra very well could have worn them until school let out - then, well......everybody else has posted about this. It was summer and then "homeschooling" phone call once school started back up.

She had "behind the ear" style hearing aids so no,she wouldn't be able to sleep in them. They're uncomfortable to wear just in general. I'm hearing impaired and wore them when I was young but they aren't all that helpful for my type of impairement. I think Zahra expressed the same thing on an interview,she could hear better without them.

I wouldn't think much of the aids being kept in a drawer in the hallway since they're very expensive little machines ($450-$1200 each,depending on type) that a child could easily break.

But were they found on the floor or carefully tucked away is what I'd find very important. And why not throw them out with the leg or just in the trash? Part of the cover-up maybe? Knowing she wouldn't bother to put them in if being kidnapped? Or did they want to try to sell them at a later date?

Oh and the batteries can last months or longer,depending on how often the aids are used.

She had "behind the ear" style hearing aids so no,she wouldn't be able to sleep in them. They're uncomfortable to wear just in general. I'm hearing impaired and wore them when I was young but they aren't all that helpful for my type of impairement. I think Zahra expressed the same thing on an interview,she could hear better without them.

I wouldn't think much of the aids being kept in a drawer in the hallway since they're very expensive little machines ($450-$1200 each,depending on type) that a child could easily break.

But were they found on the floor or carefully tucked away is what I'd find very important. And why not throw them out with the leg or just in the trash? Part of the cover-up maybe? Knowing she wouldn't bother to put them in if being kidnapped? Or did they want to try to sell them at a later date?

Oh and the batteries can last months or longer,depending on how often the aids are used.

She didn't say she could hear better without them.

Wouldn't surprise me if they were taken from her as a form of punishment.

I remember they were found in the hallway. It was printed in a link that came out arround the time of the meatball tag. Maybe the thread before or the thread after. I think I tagged the thread "hearing aides" but I am not sure.

were the hearing aids found. If not then I would think she died during waking hours. During sleep I would assume they were out?

PATHETIC either way..she could hear the torment or just see and feel the pain without hearing their words to her when this took place.

THis is the saddest most disturbing crime story that I have heard about in a very long time. May Zarah rest in peace and await her bio mom in heaven

I keep going back and forth on it. If she had her leg on, it would have been day since she was known to remove it before getting into bed. But yet then why wouldn't she be wearing her hearing aides if it were day? I hope the truth comes out. I don't think it will come from EB, but hopefully, AB, will break and let it out at some point.

we don't know that she had on her leg though. Even if she was wearing it at the time she was killed it may have been easier to move the body with it off. I am betting it was off and the leg was disposed of right along with Zahra. I think the hearing aids were "forgotten" and thus, still there for LE to find. All MOO

Items seized from house in 10/11/10 warrant: Starkey Hearing Aids

Then, from 10/29/10 probable cause statement: "Dubbs further advised that according to EB, a small black velvet bag stored in a jewelry box contains a set of Zahra's hearing aids."
From the list of items seized pursuant to that search: Hearing aid parts.

There are pictures of Zahra where the HA are visible, so I'm thinking for some time at least she was allowed to wear them.

HA batteries are air activated (thus the tape over tab when purchased). If they were activated back in Sept, I wouldn't expect much charge left on them in Oct - so I'm not sure how much help this would be.

Mine are in the ear canal type and have never been comfortable enough to sleep in, can't wait to get them out.

I think EB saved them with plans on selling them in the future.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back