found in La. ditch had live cockroaches in fur

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
Its hair was so matted and overgrown, the poodle had to be sedated just to be groomed. Veterinarians found live and dead cockroaches snared in the 2 1/2 pounds of fur they cut from the dog.
The dog's condition was so unbelievable that Tracy Lapeyrouse named him Ripley.

more at link

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FEA_PETS_HAIRY_POODLE?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

poor little thing. His hair was so matted his mouth wassealed, they don't know how he ate!

Oh, poor Ripley! Thank goodness he was rescued.

Here is a little snippet of happy news from the link:

Several people have filled out adoption papers. Ripley Entertainment Inc., parent of the Ripley's Believe It or Not! brand in Orlando, Fla., will offer the new owners a gift card for future grooming and other expenses. It also donated $400 to the shelter and may feature the former fur ball in its next book.

The people at Ripley's Believe It or Not! must be good folks! :)

What a little sweety! Such a sad beginning, but hopefully a VERY happy ending.

fran

OMG.......is that his face on the before pic??

I can't tell what I'm looking at!!

I wish I had not looked at the before picture. :( So sad. Roaches, on a dog! Eegads! I have never heard of that before, yuck, yuck, yuck. Thankfully he was found and looks like a loving little guy. I hope he gets a very nice home that spoils him silly. :)

OMG.......is that his face on the before pic??

I can't tell what I'm looking at!!

Yep, that's his face from the front...poor little thing! If I had seen that laying in a ditch I would have thought it was a pile of dryer lint

Who would have thought that little cutie existed under all that matted hair! I would take him in a minute.

The only reason I can deal with the before is because they posted an after..what a cutie. That dog is probably freezing without that blanket of hair, it needs a sweater.

Can you imagine the environment this dog was living in prior to being left in the ditch? Reminds me of that show: "Animal Hoarders" on Animal Planet.

Oh my dear Lord. Ripley. Glad that poor pup will get a good home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back