Resolved MI - Manistee, Child's Partial Mandible, at contruction site, Nov'10 - Case closed

Ms Suzanne

Reaction score
May I please ask is this Michigan?Is this anywhere near where Nevaeh Buchanan was from when she was found murdered?

Human remains found at Manistee construction site

LDN Staff -
Thursday, November 4, 2010
A human jaw bone — possibly that of a girl — was found this afternoon at a construction site in Manistee, police say. According to Manistee Police Chief David Bachman, the jaw piece was found in plain site at the construction site of the new marina building on River Street, “in an area where the construction crew walks every day. The dirt on this ground is dirt that was excavated from the site during construction.”

The jaw bone contains three teeth and was examined by Manistee County Medical Examiner Dr. Michael Barna, who determined the bone to be human and possibly from a female child.

more at link

http://www.ludingtondailynews.com/n...nd-at-manistee-construction-site?newsgroup_id=

The article says A news release says the bone is weathered and appears to have been in the earth for a long time.

Close-up of the jawbone

2711024580045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

At what age do the last molars before the wisdom teeth generally grow in. This jaw bone has them. I would estimate that this child was at least 7 at the time she went missing. My 6 year old is just starting to get those molars (I think). Just my $.02

At what age do the last molars before the wisdom teeth generally grow in. This jaw bone has them. I would estimate that this child was at least 7 at the time she went missing. My 6 year old is just starting to get those molars (I think). Just my $.02
I was just thinking that.These teeth looked bigger to me than a younger child.I'm curious how can they tell these teeth and jaw bone are from a female?

Here's a neat little animation showing the ages at which teeth come in.

http://www.3dmouth.org/6/6_1.cfm

From my own un-expert guess, based on this illustration, the jawbone looks to be of about a 9-12 year-old.

That is a cool graphic, Thanks Carl. Based on that info I would have to agree with you.

Wisdom teeth do not come in until the teens. Are we sure those are all molars? I was there was a better scale.

http://www.dentalgentlecare.com/wisdom_teeth.htm

This show the childs jaw on the top and the adult on the bottom.

Attachments

• Fig-71-Lower-jaw-of-child-and-adult-showing-the-mental.jpg
    Fig-71-Lower-jaw-of-child-and-adult-showing-the-mental.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 65
MANISTEE -- Since the discovery of the human jaw bone at the marina construction site last week in Manistee, police and other crews have continued to search the area for additional bones.

Friday crews used a ground penetrating radar operation. The results were reviewed Wednesday morning and the investigators found seven anomalies in the data that warrant additional investigation and excavation.

Two of the spots are of high interest and the rest of lesser size and suspicion. The Manistee Police Department will begin with the excavation of the first two and them move to the other five.

All spots are going to be examined. More at link.

www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?list=194414&id=538698

Looks like this was a tribal burial site maybe?

The first article said the dirt had been moved from elsewhere I expect the spots to be additional bones of the same body. 4 Suspected human bones so. I think a dog can only hit on the scent for so long so I dont except it to be a tribal burial site.

Also I think the Jaw could belong to a male as there wouldnt be anyway to tell the sex without maybe DNA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back