Identified! OK - LeFlore Co., Human skull UP8069, Nov'10 - Lee 'Duke' Baldogo

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
POCOLA, Okla. -- Pocola police are searching Back Bone Mountain in Leflore County after a dog found what appears to be a human skull.

Pocola Police Chief Dale Fout said a team of rescue dogs and several officers from Pocola, the Leflore County Sheriff's Office and the Choctaw Nation Tribal Police are searching the area.

Fout said a dog brought what appears to be a human skull to a home off back bone mountain on Saturday.

Police said they have not received any local reports of a missing person.
"If anybody is aware of someone missing and has not reported them they should let us know," Fout said.

http://www.4029tv.com/news/25622469/detail.html

Pocola police are looking for more clues that will help them identify a human skull found Saturday morning Back Bone Mountain. The state's medical examiner has given investigators a profile of who the bones might belong to.

A child and a dog playing in an area off Dogwood Street found the skull around 11 a.m. The skull was sent to the state medical examiner, who believes it belongs to a white male, age 30-50. The medical examiner told police the skull may have been out there anywhere between six months and two years.

http://www.kfsm.com/news/rivervalley/kfsm-medical-examiner-releases-deta-110410,0,1159072.story

I looked at a map & Pocola seems to be on the Oklahoma / Arkansas border (close to Fort Smith). Also have seen the county spelled Le Flore (2 words)....just putting that in here to aid thread searches.

Officially, according to the Oklahoma gov't. site, the county's spelling is Le Flore.

This skull has interested WS's "missing Jamisons" thread as its location is about 45 miles from where the
Jamison vehicle was discovered, and the state medical examiner's estimations of sex and approximate age
of the victim, plus the estimation of the number of years deceased, fits one of the Jamisons.

Officially, according to the Oklahoma gov't. site, the county's spelling is Le Flore.

This skull has interested WS's "missing Jamisons" thread as its location is about 45 miles from where the
Jamison vehicle was discovered, and the state medical examiner's estimations of sex and approximate age
of the victim, plus the estimation of the number of years deceased, fits one of the Jamisons.

Thanks for the info, wfgodot....I didn't know this was anywhere near where the Jamison's vehicle was found....I peek in on that thread from time to time but haven't done so in days.

Hopefully, even if this isn't related to the Jamison case, LE will stumble across something to help with it.

I skimmed through Charley Project's missing Oklahoma & Arkansas males and found a half-dozen who meet, or almost meet, the age requirement, as well as match up with the time went missing/estimated time of decease, and found seven; none of the half-dozen Oklahomans are in the particular vicinity of Pocola except for Bobby Jamison, but they are in or near the eastern half of the state; the Arkansan's vehicle was found northwest of Little Rock, on Petit Jean Mountain, about 140 miles from Pocola:

AR John Glasgow
OK Bobby Dale Jamison
OK Tony Gene Day
OK Jason Russell Feuerbach
OK Paul David Harwood
OK Anthony Wayne Holland
OK Doran Lee Van Winkle

How far was the skull found from where Joe Neff's body was found?

I don't recall seeing this fact before but the Namus profile for the UID says he had short black hair.

https://identifyus.org/cases/8069

with that hair color, it narrows down the universe of possible matches. I found this guy who was known to be alive by LE in TX in March 2010. His name is Jeremy Walker, originally from AL. the lka date is deceiving as it is listed as Jan 2010, but under Circumstances, it is said he was in Houston in March. his picture shows fairly short black hair.

that would put him on the short edge of the 6 months to 2 years estimated date of death.

Dentals won't be helpful.

Maxillary dental arcade destroyed by carnivore activity.
No mandible located.
https://identifyus.org/cases/8069

If the skull still had enough tissue with hair attached to identify it as short and black, even after being chewed by animals, it sounds to me like timing could be on the short side.

I submitted Mr. Reams to the Medical Examiners office for the purpose of comparison, fwiw.

Dear Ms. Coldwell-

I volunteer for Websleuths.com, an online Internet Crime board. I took a look at the above John Doe and wondered if he had been compared to a man who went missing from Jennings, OK in 2003, Heath Riley Reams. Please see this link for more information regarding Mr. Reams:
http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Investigative/Missing_Persons/index.html

My understanding is that Mr. Reams is part Native American. He disappeared in the company of a middle aged man and foul play is suspected. Mr. Reams is described as having short black hair.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Thank you for your time and attention!

Sincerely,
Believe09

I received a note from the MedEx-this UID has NOT been compared to Heath before and she was excited to pursue it. She wrote that she would get back to me, so I will update the thread if I hear from her.

Believe, so long as you have some contact with someone working on it, any chance of passing the name I found onto the ME's office? that being Jeremy Walker?

I tried to access the UID's Namus page and got this message: Permission Error - Case Access Denied.

I tried to figure out if the UID was identified looking at the last 2 names thrown about here. my suggestion, Jeremy Walker, is still in Namus. Heath Reams is not in Namus (not sure he was) but he is still at the OSBI link given by Believe.

I looked at the Social Security Death Index and Heath is shown as deceased as to July 23, 2010. That was 7 years to the day after he was last seen so that looks to me like he was declared dead and not an actual date of death.

as recently as March of this year, he was unidentified and they discovered more bones near the site of the original skull:

http://www.5newsonline.com/news/kfs...rch-for-human-remains-20110316,0,715099.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back