Karen Baker... Bio Grandmother

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is staying with her son so I doubt she will say anything whilst he is still out and not charged with anything (YET)

She could make a statement thanking LE at least, imo, maybe something about how Zahra has touched us all. Everyone would understand if she didn't have much she could say, but to say nothing? I don't get it.

Screenshot2010-11-03at93027AM.png

I hoped she would speak out for Zahra no matter how that effected her son, I have recently stopped hoping.

I don't know what I expected and I know you can't judge people on appearance but looking at her photo I can't say I'm surprised. I can't post what I really thing about KB. She sure got Adam to open up and tell what happened to Zahra when she got to the US didn't she........ummm no!

Karen Baker isn't stupid, she knows it is a death penalty State, she knows what is coming down the train tracks.

I don't know what I expected and I know you can't judge people on appearance but looking at her photo I can't say I'm surprised. I can't post what I really thing about KB. She sure got Adam to open up and tell what happened to Zahra when she got to the US didn't she........ummm no!

Karen Baker isn't stupid, she knows it is a death penalty State, she knows what is coming down the train tracks.

Agreed re appearance. Just can't express what I want to say. Bogans. :(

Another mother trying to save her little boy. Ala Cindy Anthony (although she couldn't stay away from the camera -- I cringe whenever she opens her mouth).

JMOOOO

Mel

Here's my feelings on Karen at this point..
I just came form the thread for Bio Mum's TV interview. I beleive it was her on the HM now and on the HM she explained how she contacted Karen to see if she could have some kind of contact. Karen gave her back a big fat NO!

So that along with other things said in the interview tonight makes me feel like Karen played a part in keeping Zahra away from her mom. I can only imagine how wonderful having some kind of contact with her mother would have been for her. Especially with all that she was going through with EB and AB. Thanks to Grandma for helping your son do the wrong thing.

If you want to read about it go to the thread. I think someone will be uploading a video of the interview as well. There are more photos of Z as a baby there too.

I used to have such sympathies for grandma. As time went on I had a hard time keeping my grip on it. Now, I think I've lost it.

I used to have such sympathies for grandma. As time went on I had a hard time keeping my grip on it. Now, I think I've lost it.

Yes, me too. I agree also that it was Emily on HM, she was so articulate and patient even though her heart was breaking. Just such an awful situation, and grandma is right up there with AB/EB in making Zahra's life the poorer without her own mum. :(

I am sure she has tremendous guilt now, assuming she believes her son has any knowledge or is guilty. She probably also knows anything she says could potentially be used against Adam in the future. But I do feel she could at least release a prepared statement, thanking LE and the searchers.

MOHO is that she came over here with her boxing gloves on and wasnt received quite like she envisioned.

For now I'm giving her some benefit of the doubt, if she comes out swinging, twisting the facts and making stuff up in AB's defense when all the facts are in then I'll put her in the same category as CA. Every thing about this case is so emotive it's easy to cast everyone connected with AB and EB as a villain. Leaving aside whatever she did to keep Zahra's mother from her, some major control issues there clearly, and it's hard to understand her FB bitterness and intransigence in the face of Emily's plea to be allowed to contact Zahra. Sooner or later she will have to answer for that, I guess in a tragic way she already is having had Zhhra taken from her - BUT from all reports there is no doubt she loved and cared for Zahra her whole life and was the one who nursed her through the cancers. I can't imagine what she must be going through having lost her beloved grandchild in what to all appearances are some horrific circumstances and finding her son is suspected of being involved, she must be in terrible shock and denial, not to mention she's in a foreign country facing a lot of hostility. People condemned CA for saying too much, they're condemning KB for saying nothing, I too would like to hear at least something about Zahra from her but right now public feelings are running so high even that probably wouldn't help cast her in a better light.

We may be seeing some into the background of AB.
Did he really want Zahra?
Was taking Zahra his mother Karen's plan and idea?
Did Karen want Zahra like another child for herself?
Is Karen as controlling as EB?
AB was 22 (adult) when Zahra was born, but was he immature?
Whose idea was it for Zahra to go to USA? EB? AB? KB?
Just to keep mum away from Zahra???

I posted in another thread asking if any family members on either side have publcly made any statements for Zahra, I dont think there has been which is very weird, usually someone in either side of the family would speak out for a childs safe return. both sides of this family are on mute it seems which is a shame

I don't know anything about KB.
I believe that perhaps she's been advised by lawyers to not say anything, as it could be misconstrued by the media.

In her case, she's already lost a grand-daughter. Nothing she does will bring her back. I'm fairly sure she mourns the child. However, no matter what, of course she will back up her son. She believes he didn't do it.

I believe that most parents in this situation will stick squarely behind their son or daughter. They don't want any more loss, and even if that person was somehow responsible, they can't accept it. It would just not be something their mind could process....and I can understand that.

I don't know anything about KB.
I believe that perhaps she's been advised by lawyers to not say anything, as it could be misconstrued by the media.

In her case, she's already lost a grand-daughter. Nothing she does will bring her back. I'm fairly sure she mourns the child. However, no matter what, of course she will back up her son. She believes he didn't do it.

I believe that most parents in this situation will stick squarely behind their son or daughter. They don't want any more loss, and even if that person was somehow responsible, they can't accept it. It would just not be something their mind could process....and I can understand that.

I can definitely see your point, Fyrecat. Oh well, at least Grandma isn't on television trying to blame the imaginary babysitter, meter reader, ex-boyfriend, (insert random suspect here)...

When creating new threads, please use topics rather than focusing on players. KB is not a suspect in this case either.

If you want to open a topic thread and discuss what she has said in public, go for it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member