Elisa Baker - Life Before Adam

AliceInPain

Reaction score
(My first ever thread - not sure if it's allowed? if not just remove)

I'm very curious about what Elisa was like and what she did before she met Adam and Zahra, her upbringing, any other online romances or aliases, arrests, how she brought her kids up etc etc etc...
Where do the lies and the fantasy life come from?
Was she born this way, or did something traumatic happen to her, was it drugs?

I did read her MySpace blogs before her account was deleted but all I remember is her supposed 3xbraincancer in the 90s. Why would anyone say such a thing, when the people who know you know it's not true? Why did she (if she did) wheel her kid around in a wheelchair claiming the child was ill when she wasn't?
Where does this desperate need for attention come from? (JMO, but if you do this to your child you do suffer from a desperate need of attention...)
How come some of her friends on FB were so quick to turn against her and not give her, a supposed friend, the benefit of a doubt? (I hope if I'm ever accused of anything my friends won't do that :/ ) What did she do to them?

This is all I know:
--she was married to AY for ten years. (Personally I kind of like him, I think he stayed on good terms because of her kids, they must have pretty much grown up with him. Not many stepdads/ stepmums do that -stay around-, and Zahra from the photos seems to like him)
--she was married at least twice before AY
--her mother died in the mid-90s, which sounds pretty young (did she possibly die of brain cancer? JMG)
--her father mentioned drugs, but I wasn't able to watch all of the interview. Elisa is on drugs? What drugs? When did she start using?
--she put her child in a wheelchair and told people she was seriously ill

Anyone know anything else? Please post : )

GREAT first post!
I asked the same thing on her father's thread.
I do hope that he gives another interview on EB.

What type of child was EB?
Was she bad as a teen?
Why so many men in her life?
I wish some would tell what EB was like (good & bad)
What attracted men to her???
How she got her money.
Why did she never work?
Did EB always scare people?
How long has she been goulish?
Why didn't she raise her son?
Does she really like kids or just had them?
Did she abort any?
When was her hysterecotomy?
I do wonder if her mom died of cancer.
Did EB get lots of attention having a sick mom?
So so many questions.

(My first ever thread - not sure if it's allowed? if not just remove)

I'm very curious about what Elisa was like and what she did before she met Adam and Zahra, her upbringing, any other online romances or aliases, arrests, how she brought her kids up etc etc etc...
Where do the lies and the fantasy life come from?
Was she born this way, or did something traumatic happen to her, was it drugs?I did read her MySpace blogs before her account was deleted but all I remember is her supposed 3xbraincancer in the 90s. Why would anyone say such a thing, when the people who know you know it's not true? Why did she (if she did) wheel her kid around in a wheelchair claiming the child was ill when she wasn't?
Where does this desperate need for attention come from? (JMO, but if you do this to your child you do suffer from a desperate need of attention...)
How come some of her friends on FB were so quick to turn against her and not give her, a supposed friend, the benefit of a doubt? (I hope if I'm ever accused of anything my friends won't do that :/ ) What did she do to them?This is all I know:
--she was married to AY for ten years. (Personally I kind of like him, I think he stayed on good terms because of her kids, they must have pretty much grown up with him. Not many stepdads/ stepmums do that -stay around-, and Zahra from the photos seems to like him)
--she was married at least twice before AY
--her mother died in the mid-90s, which sounds pretty young (did she possibly die of brain cancer? JMG)
--her father mentioned drugs, but I wasn't able to watch all of the interview. Elisa is on drugs? What drugs? When did she start using?
--she put her child in a wheelchair and told people she was seriously ill

Anyone know anything else? Please post : )

BBMITA, we need some answers on all that.
As for AY, we can't sleuth him, but I do not trust why he stayed around and befriended AB,JMOO

EB had (at least) 7 marriages (formal or defacto) including Adam.

See the Criminal Records thread for aliases
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118937"]Criminal History & Aliases - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I have found men with matching names having shared addresses with EB for each alias listed there (6 of them). These do not include the high school classmate she married in 1985. That marriage was soon annulled, as reported by the media.

Her criminal history shows her having used multiple surname aliases in overlapping time periods.

It appears the woman cannot stand to be alone with herself.

I think Elisa suffers from a Factitious disorder. JMO

snipped:

Factitious disorders are conditions in which a person acts as if he or she has an illness by deliberately producing, feigning, or exaggerating symptoms.

more at link:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factitious_disorder[/ame]

Not sure if I can ask this here or not, but where did she take the name Harris from? Was it a boyfriend?

just doing some searchs

W/after Adam
also add Elisa (Lisa) Baker
and lived in AU for a few months

Before Adam
Names

Putnam, Elisa Annette

Possible Aka's:
FAIRCHILD, ELISA
HARIS, ELISA FAIRCH
HARRIS, ELISA A
PROCTOR, LISA
PROCTOR, ELISA A
YOUNG, ELISA ANNETTE

Locations
Cherryville, NC
Granite Falls, NC
Hickory, NC
Kings Mountain, NC
Lincolnton, NC

http://www.veromi.com/Elisa-Harris.aspx

On another site i found these you have to download the pdf of it
http://www.wikiupload.com/G5LMklkF
http://www.wikiupload.com/EHEzcJ6V

Also addresses from her rapsheet

3330 Cedar Valley Rd. Granite Falls, NC
161 Shoal RD. Lincolnton NC.
2680 Wildlife Rd. Vale, NC
21 21st Ave NW, Hickory, NC 28601
4910 Burns Rd. Granite Falls NC.
2490 Helton Rd. Granite Falls NC.
4010 Phillip Lane Hudson NC
Hilltop Rd. Lincolnton NC.
114 Camelot Drive, Granite Falls, NC.
303 Dixon Dairy Rd. Kings Mountain NC.
832 First ST. Kings Mountain NC.
233 32ND ST PL SW Hickory NC
3330 Ester Lane Hudson NC.

Newspaper with a ton of information of her prior life

WBTV has uncovered new details about Elisa Baker.

She has been married at least three times, and she had children with two boyfriends. She describes herself as "gothic" and claims to have graduated from college.

Baker is originally from Burke County. Her parents are Marshall Thomas Fairchild and Sylvia Jean Fairchild. The mother's maiden name is Barnes.

Baker has at least three biological children that we were able to find information about.

According to MySpace and Facebook, one of Baker's daughters is Brittany Starbuck.

Baker's second daughter is Amber Fairchild, but Baker was never married to the child's father.

She also has a son named Douglas Proctor and his father is Douglas Joseph Proctor. Baker's son claims he only saw his stepsister, Zahra, once or twice. (Click here to read more about her son Douglas Proctor.)

Baker's first marriage was in 1985 to Jerry Alan Winkler in Caldwell County. In 1997, she was married to Jeffrey Russell Allred in Caldwell County.

Her third marriage was to Adam Baker, whom she met online. They were married about two years ago.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13329351

just doing some searchs

Names

Putnam, Elisa Annette

Possible Aka's:
FAIRCHILD, ELISA
HARIS, ELISA FAIRCH
HARRIS, ELISA A
PROCTOR, LISA
PROCTOR, ELISA A
YOUNG, ELISA ANNETTE

Locations
Cherryville, NC
Granite Falls, NC
Hickory, NC
Kings Mountain, NC
Lincolnton, NC

http://www.veromi.com/Elisa-Harris.aspx

On another site i found these you have to download the pdf of it
http://www.wikiupload.com/G5LMklkF
http://www.wikiupload.com/EHEzcJ6V

Also addresses from her rapsheet

3330 Cedar Valley Rd. Granite Falls, NC
161 Shoal RD. Lincolnton NC.
2680 Wildlife Rd. Vale, NC
21 21st Ave NW, Hickory, NC 28601
4910 Burns Rd. Granite Falls NC.
2490 Helton Rd. Granite Falls NC.
4010 Phillip Lane Hudson NC
Hilltop Rd. Lincolnton NC.
114 Camelot Drive, Granite Falls, NC.
303 Dixon Dairy Rd. Kings Mountain NC.
832 First ST. Kings Mountain NC.
233 32ND ST PL SW Hickory NC
3330 Ester Lane Hudson NC.

also add Elisa (Lisa) Baker
and lived in AU for a few months

Waaaay back in one of the threads, I think in the 20's, a WSer stated that her (the WSer's) husband had attended the same high school as EB for a couple of years of overlap. I think he was older than EB. I wondered if he had yearbook photos that our WSer could scan and share, but if the WSer ever responded I must have missed it. The threads were flying at that time. (LOL, remember that folks?)

Do the public libraries in the area have copies of high school yearbooks?

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/top_stories/632890/documents-show-elisa-baker-may-have-committed-bigamy

"LENOIR, N.C. – There's news information in the Zahra Baker murder case. Court documents obtained by News 14 Carolina indicate Elisa Baker was married to two men at the same time.

The civil court papers filed in Caldwell County show Elisa Baker and her exhusband Aaron Young officially divorced Aug. 21, 2009. Young told News 14 Carolina that Elisa Baker said she filed for divorce in Australia but he filed in Caldwell County because he didn't believe her."

You know, I have to say it. What bearing does this have on Zahra's case at all? Not to be too blunt, but who cares? Did Zahra find the marriage certificates and challenge her stepmother with them?

I am confused at the media's need to head in this direction. I think there is substantial evidence that EB is not a truthful person.

Moving On... JMVHO.

Just to have this info here:

EB married to JA 1998
EB married to AY 1999(?)

If NC law states that you have to file for legal separation, and be legally separated for 1 year prior to obtaining a legal divorce, then EB would have still been married to JA in 1999.

I don't know how long EB and JA were married, but I'm assuming they didn't marry one day and file for legal separation the next, so you do the math.

You know, I have to say it. What bearing does this have on Zahra's case at all? Not to be too blunt, but who cares? Did Zahra find the marriage certificates and challenge her stepmother with them?

I am confused at the media's need to head in this direction. I think there is substantial evidence that EB is not a truthful person.

Moving On... JMVHO.

Could be VERY relevant to this case on a number of levels, imo.

MK - Tell me what you are thinking. I'm missing the boat here. I am completely NOT surprised that she would be a bigamist, but I'm having trouble seeing a possible connection to this case.

Moving On... JMVHO.

I think it demonstrates more than the issue of truthfulness, i.e. - total lack of regard for the law, doing what one wants to do when one wants to do it, an inability to maintain commitment, manipultation of others without remorse and on and on. What we do not know is how much bitterness this lack of regard may have caused or if it had any bearing on the mounting pressure in the Baker home.

It also demonstrates that AB has some other issues of major concern to him because of her actions. The press has only responded to what the public has been asking for some time now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back