A Star for Zahra

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
As some of you may know I was researching naming a Rose For Zahra. That be came a much harder endeavor than I thought. But Guess What!!!

I thought naming a Star would be so much better! All I ask is your input as to the name of her star!!

I'll start with Zahra's Star.
Please all add your own suggestions!

I will add in no way shape or form money or donations are a consideration here. It's a done deal from all of us already!!!!

Zahra Clare

As some of you may know I was researching naming a Rose For Zahra. That be came a much harder endeavor than I thought. But Guess What!!!

I thought naming a Star would be so much better! All I ask is your input as to the name of her star!!

I'll start with Zahra's Star.
Please all add your own suggestions!

I will add in no way shape or form money or donations are a consideration here. It's a done deal from all of us already!!!!

I am all for Zahra' star... You are a wonderful person!!!

This is so wonderful! I think Zahra's Star is beautiful! Or simply Zahra.

Beautiful gesture. Since the other site is just a free star naming site, and I'm sure there are lots of them, perhaps you could go to the original company and keep the certificate for your effort...or send it to her mother. Not sure if any are really "legit" but I guess this one is the closest.

http://www.nameastar.net/

Just naming it Zahra seems nice. It's such a beautiful name.

MOO

I haven't picked the site yet. I want to pick the one that will allow us to view the stars. As far as the certificate goes being a mom I think Zahras mom should have one. No matter what we think of her, in her interview, well it was heartbreaking. I would never keep it. For those extremely dedicated LE and searchers, they should have one to remind them how appreciated their work is.What a wonderful inspiration Zahra is and was and her memory should be remembered for all of eternity.I will provide the link when it is derided upon.Let me know which one you think.

Coldpizza I haven't been posting here because it has hurt me too much following this case. I have so many others going on but I wanted to say thank you so much for thinking of our beautiful Zahra........

As Juliet says in Act III, scene ii,

Give me my Romeo; and, when he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun.

I remembered those lines the night I was walking my dog - as I posted in an earlier thread - and looked up at the cold clear sky, and the soft, splendid stars reminded me of Zahra's freckles.

As we are all "star-stuff" (another Shakespeare phrase and amazingly prescient, too, as the stars, as we are, are made of atoms), naming a star for Zahra is such a wonderful and inspiring idea.

It is a beautiful idea, Coldpizza. A star in the heavens for Zahra who is also up there.......:rose:

Perhaps you can request one in the constellation of Scorpius...for her birthday, Nov 16. A day we share actually. :(

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorpius[/ame]

Thank you for doing this:dance:

Zahra Shines for Zahra
Emilys light for Mommy to Zahra

Honoring Zahra with a star is a beautiful thought, but don't let it blind you to getting scammed... you are better off sticking to a star naming site that is free. A free site named star has the same exact value a paid site star does... except that you won't be scammed out of money for a cheap certificate, a cheap star chart, and a star that you won't even be able to see from your own backyard with an amateur telescope.

A star is a beautiful idea.
I always loved this, from The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
I hope Zahra is laughing now.

"All men have the stars," he answered, "but they are not the same things for different people. For some, who are travelers, the stars are guides. For others they are no more than little lights in the sky. For others, who are scholars, they are problems. For my businessman they were wealth. But all these stars are silent. You-- you alone-- will have the stars as no one else has them--"

"What are you trying to say?"

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing, when you look at the sky at night... you-- only you-- will have stars that can laugh!"

And he laughed again.

"And when your sorrow is comforted (time soothes all sorrows) you will be content that you have known me. You will always be my friend. You will want to laugh with me. And you will sometimes open your window, so, for that pleasure... and your friends will be properly astonished to see you laughing as you look up at the sky! Then you will say to them, 'Yes, the stars always make me laugh!' And they will think you are crazy. It will be a very shabby trick that I shall have played on you..."

And he laughed again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veryinterested68
Back