GUILTY TX - Liliana Trevino, 7 wks, dies of head trauma, San Antonio, 4 Nov 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Not only was Trevino arrested for murdering his own baby daughter, the article goes on to say "Liliana's death is the second case of child abuse police investigated Thursday. In the evening, police arrested Matthew John Resendez, 19, in connection with injuries found on his 3-month-old son Holden."...baby Holden was brutally beaten. :cry:

San Antonio police on Friday arrested a man accused of killing his 7-week-old daughter.

Rafael Trevino, 22, is set to be booked into Bexar County Jail on one count of capital murder. Bail has not been set.

Police Sgt. Jim Cole said officers were called to Trevino's home in the 10400 block of Medio Creek about 7 a.m. Thursday when infant Liliana Trevino was found unresponsive. Her mother discovered she was not breathing, officials said.

Liliana was pronounced dead at the scene, but detectives did not find any signs of foul play or trauma at the home. It was not until the Bexar County medical examiner's office conducted an autopsy that signs of abuse were discovered, Cole said.

“An autopsy found that there was cranial, cerebral blunt force trauma — basically, head injuries — and ruled the death a homicide,” Cole said at a news conference Friday night.

more here --

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...d_daughter_106809243.html?c=y&page=1#storytop

:rose: Lilliana :rose:

:praying: for baby Holden & his full recovery

Grown men beating infants.:banghead::furious:

Please baby Holden be O.K.

RIP little Lilliana

breaks my heart for the babies and for LE. how horrible it must be for them to have to see 2 of them in one day. my husband occasionally toys with the idea of taking classes to head towards a job in LE and I try to convince him otherwise at every turn. I tell him that it's not a cool job where you get to carry firearms and make fancy SWAT drug busts like in movies. it's a terrible and harrowing job that will destroy you. every case we read breaks my heart not just for the poor children (etc, although it's the ones with kids that tear me apart) but for what the officers have to see and know.

breaks my heart for the babies and for LE. how horrible it must be for them to have to see 2 of them in one day. my husband occasionally toys with the idea of taking classes to head towards a job in LE and I try to convince him otherwise at every turn. I tell him that it's not a cool job where you get to carry firearms and make fancy SWAT drug busts like in movies. it's a terrible and harrowing job that will destroy you. every case we read breaks my heart not just for the poor children (etc, although it's the ones with kids that tear me apart) but for what the officers have to see and know.

You're so right, 2goldfish...RL is not like it is on TV...I read cases every day where some detective or prosecutor is saying "it's the worse case of child abuse I've seen in my career".

The horrors that are happening to the little ones are not rare -- it's every day! Just like these 2 cases - I figured this was in a 24 hr. period.

I understand about what you mean. I couldn't do the job myself but it's not a terrible and harrowing job for all. Some thrive on that type of work, and god bless those that do it. I am so thankful that there are men and women who do this type of police work. To see two cases of terrible child abuse in one night, and turn around and come back to work the next day.

baby Holden didn't make it :(

A 3-month-old boy allegedly beaten by his teen father died Friday night at University Hospital, the Bexar County medical examiner's office confirmed.
Holden Resendez was taken off of life support and pronounced dead just before 11 p.m., officials said.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...der_charge_106840668.html?c=y&page=1#storytop

:rose: rest forever in angel arms, Holden :rose:

baby Holden didn't make it :(

A 3-month-old boy allegedly beaten by his teen father died Friday night at University Hospital, the Bexar County medical examiner's office confirmed.
Holden Resendez was taken off of life support and pronounced dead just before 11 p.m., officials said.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...der_charge_106840668.html?c=y&page=1#storytop

:rose: rest forever in angel arms, Holden :rose:

I am so tired of seeing children die at the hands of their "parents"!!!!! RIP angels, you have more than enough friends to keep you company now :steamed: :(

SA Baby Deaths Lead To Call Of Action

Sen. Carlos Uresti Pushes For Programs To Protect Children

Stephanie Serna, KSAT 12 News Reporter
POSTED: Sunday, November 7, 2010

<snip>

Uresti told KSAT that he is advocating programs that focus on early intervention and prevention. He said there were 13 children killed in Bexar County last year and without these programs, the county is on track to match or even exceed that number this year.

As far as the cases last week, both Trevino and Resendez face charges of capital murder.

more here

http://www.ksat.com/news/25666627/detail.html

RIP sweet angels, you are safe now. When will this stop! I am so tired of these monsters hurting our children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back