GUILTY TX - Jabraylon Bables, 16 mos, fatally scalded, Dallas, 5 Nov 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Another cruel, cruel, burning of a baby.

12:00 AM CDT on Saturday, November 6, 2010

By SCOTT GOLDSTEIN / The Dallas Morning News
sgoldstein@dallasnews.com / The Dallas Morning News
Meredith Shamburger contributed to this report.

A convicted murderer told police he accidentally dropped a pot of boiling water on his girlfriend's 1-year-old son, severely burning the boy early Friday at a Lake Highlands apartment, according to police documents.

But Dallas police said the burns covering Jabraylon Bables' legs, feet, hand and buttocks don't support the story Carlnelus Delaney Simmons, 37, told them.

"He's telling us one thing, but there's no way that can happen based on how the burns look," said child abuse Sgt. Brenda Nichols.

Jabraylon was in critical condition at Parkland Memorial Hospital on Friday. He also suffered bruising to the left side of his face and above his left ear, police documents said.

more here - and oh, drugs were found (cocaine & PCP)

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...lerburn_06met.ART.State.Edition1.4bc53f1.html

Hang in there Jabraylon - we're praying for you!

Ok, another should not read article! This man has already served 15 years for killing a man outside of a bar! He is 37 years old, so he has been in prison for homicide since he was 22 or so? NICE BOYFRIEND MATERIAL!!!! what goes through mother's heads? obviously nothing! I am just fed up with parents not taking responsibility for protecting their children. I wouldnt allow someone with ANY kind of criminal record around my children, and certainly wouldnt ask them to babysit! If this man has already killed another person, what in the world makes this mother think he is a safe and trustworthy person to be with her child? I dont understand, I just cant see what is so endearing about these men that mothers will do anything to be with them?

Ok, another should not read article! This man has already served 15 years for killing a man outside of a bar! He is 37 years old, so he has been in prison for homicide since he was 22 or so? NICE BOYFRIEND MATERIAL!!!! what goes through mother's heads? obviously nothing! I am just fed up with parents not taking responsibility for protecting their children. I wouldnt allow someone with ANY kind of criminal record around my children, and certainly wouldnt ask them to babysit! If this man has already killed another person, what in the world makes this mother think he is a safe and trustworthy person to be with her child? I dont understand, I just cant see what is so endearing about these men that mothers will do anything to be with them?

IMO She should be charged and in jail, she is the adult she brought danger to her home.These woman make me sick, just to have a man they take any garbage they can find.Until the laws start charging the parents along with the abuser this is going to keep happening.He murdered someone why was he even out of prison?I hope she loses custody of her children, she does not deserve them.:furious:

IMO She should be charged and in jail, she is the adult she brought danger to her home.These woman make me sick, just to have a man they take any garbage they can find.Until the laws start charging the parents along with the abuser this is going to keep happening.He murdered someone why was he even out of prison?I hope she loses custody of her children, she does not deserve them.:furious:

ITA! It is her job to protect her children... Bringing a murderer into the house???? WOW :banghead:

Why? Two children left with a boyfriend? Ages one and two. A murderer.

Poor little baby. Please little Jabraylon hang on.

bless his heart - he didn't make it...it's heart-wrenching to read how little Jabraylon spent his last days. :cry:

and his mom is in some serious denial about the convicted killer perp that was selling drugs. :censored:

The family of Jabraylon Bables should be out buying Christmas toys for the bright, talkative boy everyone called "Bam Bam."

Instead, they'll be paying for his funeral.

On Saturday, the 16-month-old toddler died from the massive injuries and the onset of infections he had suffered 36 days earlier after authorities say his mother's boyfriend dropped him into a pot of boiling water.

"From the injuries on the baby, I think he did it intentionally," one of the boy's aunts, Veronica Bables, said Monday. "I feel like he tortured him."

much more here

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...e/stories/121410dnmetdeadlyabuse.3654fbc.html

Looking for a sign

In a telephone interview from the funeral home Monday where she was making arrangements to bury her son, Thompson still sounded supportive of Simmons, calling him a "good person."
"It would hurt me so much if it was intentional because I gave my trust to this man," she said. "Like I said, God hasn't put anything in my heart to say, 'Jas, he did it on purpose.' "

She should be sterilized immediately.

He dipped her child into a pot of boiling water and five weeks later she is still looking for a sign that it wasn't an accident? A sign other than logic and common sense, or maybe the experts who have told her that is exactly what he did. She knew he was a murderer, knew he was dealing PCP from her frig. And she met this prize when the babies father went to prison.

Someone please explain to me how she is not charged with anything? Drive a getaway car equally responsible. Clean up the crime scene and destroy evidence equally responsible. Put your child in harms way with murderers, drug addicts, sex offenders, and child abusers and you just go your way and start a new family when the ex-con tries to get your panties off. No harm, no foul.

I don't want to hear another politician say children are our primary concern in this country. It is such a crock. A soundbite and nothing more.

"The police told me that it looked like he was dipped in water ... and the doctors told me the same," she said. "I'm still searching for the truth."

Search no further, the truth is this you call a good man murdered your baby! Now start dealing in reality. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

nevermind the fact that she will not accept reality. whats wrong with the laws that allow her to walk free from her responsibility in this? where the hell was she at midnight when this happened? as if she didnt learn from the first sperm donor that is now absent from their lives because he is in prison - she goes out and replaces him with another criminal. she should be in jail for every bit as long as the "boyfriend" if not longer. what will happen to the 2yr. old? will they let her keep that child?

NN - His father, Byron Bables, went to prison for felony forgery shortly after the child was born. He was released on parole in early September...

In 1994, Simmons was sentenced to 15 years for killing a man during a fight outside a South Dallas bar. He was released in late 2007.

Two years later (2009) Dallas police arrested Simmons on a charge of dealing PCP after he told them he'd been selling vials for $15 each, court records show. Those charges are pending.

Thompson said she knew Simmons had been convicted of murder years before but said she never pressed him for details.

"That was way before he knew me," she said Monday.

Jabraylon's brother, who was also in the house at the time, was not injured and has been placed in foster care.

This was a known drug haven:

In the kitchen cabinet, police found eight plastic baggies of cocaine. Police also found 95 vials of PCP in the refrigerator.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/crime/stories/121410dnmetdeadlyabuse.3654fbc.html

IDK why she has not been arrested but I think that maybe coming. I can see a whole lot of charges that could be filed.

glad it happened in TX -- hopefully, he will fry!

Unbelievable. Unbelievable that he was out of prison, and unbelievable she hasn't been charged.

Wow mom, you let a murderer near your child AND you are a junkie loser.

Nice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back