NY - Demi Gray, 2 mos, dies of blunt force trauma, 3 Nov 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
"They don't come with instructions" - maybe babies leaving the hospital should have written instructions - simple ones like 'don't beat a baby!!'

A Bronx father was charged Friday with killing his 8-week-old daughter, police said.

Demi Gray died at Bronx- Lebanon Hospital Wednesday night, an hour after her father called 911 and said she had suddenly stopped breathing, police said.

An autopsy revealed the baby died of blunt trauma to her frail body.

Gregory Gray, 21, was charged with manslaughter and held without bail after his arraignment Friday, officials said.

He gave police conflicting accounts of how Demi was hurt. First he said he dropped Demi, and her body slammed into a metal chair, a prosecutor said at Gray's arraignment.

Then he said he rolled over and elbowed her in the stomach while in bed with her. He also suggested he held her too tight.

"I kept trying to feed her," he told one officer, prosecutors said. "She was crying loud. Her face was in a lot of pain. She looked like life was leaving her."

more here

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...ted_for_killing_8weekold_daughter_police.html

:rose: Fly with the angels, baby Demi :rose:

Another case of a person who most likely did NOT watch the video "The Period of Purple Crying". Wake up hospitals and midwives and make this a require viewing. It makes a difference:

http://www.purplecrying.info/

I compare it to watching the videos of the crash test dummies. You never forget those images. Every parent and caregiver needs this info as every parent and caregiver gets frustrated. I REALLY want it to be required curriculum from about 6th grade on.

Fly with the angels, little Demi........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back