FL - Nancy Bruneau, 62, gruesome murder, Hollywood Lakes, 30 Oct 2010 *son arrested*

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/02/1903547/man-charged-in-mothers-gruesome.html

On Halloween Eve, Beau Henri Bruneau woke up and decided to kill his mother, he told police.

When the cops found the partially gutted body of Nancy Bruneau face down on the lawn of her upscale Hollywood Lakes home, they also found a cinder block, a knife, and a hammer -- all covered in blood -- nearby.

(The details are very graphic.) :(

:sick:

One look at his photo, that stare. That da*mn looking through you into somewhere I don't even wanna see stare.

That man is sick and extremely dangerous. That poor poor woman, she obviously tried to care for him.

How awful. :( It's really too bad that they were not able to prevent this from happening. I don't know what could have been done, but there were so many warning signs.

As a mom, I'm sure she just wanted to take care of her son, and she probably was sure he wouldn't hurt her...

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/woman-brutally-killed-by-son-is-mourned-by-1011804.html

In the 24 years she worked at Hillcrest Golf & Country Club, Nancy Bruneau was known to thousands of regulars for her unflagging cheer, her big-hearted generosity, and for wrapping her friends in a signature bear hug.

"We are like one big family here," said longtime co-worker Annette Bergho, "and Nancy, she was the most caring, loving, full-of-life person of us all."

But Bruneau, 62, also had her troubles. She recently told her colleagues at the club that she was frightened of her son, who had stopped taking prescribed medication and had shown signs of violence.

Nancy_Bruneau_598028k.jpg

I don't usually throw out defense strategy bu tbased on the limited info in teh article, I think this young man was seriously in a psychotic state.

His poor mother.

I'll just bet!

Publisher Sunbury Press has suspended sales of the novel "Grognard" by author Patrick Quéré in response to the brutal murder in Hollywood, FL of Nancy Bruneau
www.prlog.org

WOW, had to read the interview twice (joe jones link) I have known people like Beau. I used to spend time at a Mental Health drop-in centre.

The author says he based a character on Beau, his friend !! I would be disturbed if someone used my character to do mayhem.

Beau had a fragile grasp on reality, if he new the character was based on him, it seems almost inevitable it would have a big bad impact.

It says "suspended sales" , his myspace is gathering all news quotes.
Sad thing is he will probably make a good $ one way or the other.

There should be institutions, i'm DB 2 (gov reference) aka nutter for life, but some people like Beau are dangerous to everyone. The parents are the worst place to be, because of emotions, neutral is what is needed.

So much for karma, Nancy was loyal to her son

I am a Mother of a son with Bipolar disorder and I would do anything to keep my son with me. Bipolar disorder is real and without the proper medication, the results can be devastating.

My heart goes out not only to the family but also to Beau. I have seen this illness torture my son at times and I fully believe Beau is a truly tortured soul.

I know this family and looked for the first few days after seeing this on Amber's facebook. Lovely, lovely, lovely people. I didn't want to put it up because this poor family has suffered enough, and Amber is an angel. Absolutely an angel. Known her since childhood, grew up in Hollywood. =(

I was hoping it wouldn't be up here, although I understand (of course) why it is. My heart breaks for her and the rest of her family.

Prayers, Amber.

I know this family and looked for the first few days after seeing this on Amber's facebook. Lovely, lovely, lovely people. I didn't want to put it up because this poor family has suffered enough, and Amber is an angel. Absolutely an angel. Known her since childhood, grew up in Hollywood. =(

I was hoping it wouldn't be up here, although I understand (of course) why it is. My heart breaks for her and the rest of her family.

Prayers, Amber.

TL, I am so sorry for your friend and her family. I'm also sending condolences to you. You're a good friend.

Prayers for this entire family and community.

Oh what a heartbreaking story. A mom who has been there for this poor man who suffers greatly from mental illness. I feel so bad for all that has happened. My heart breaks. She sounded like a wonderful woman. She was always there for him.

Sorry truthful lies for your friend and family.

Blessings to them all.

Goz

Thanks, Philly and Goz...I'll pass those wishes on to her and hers. I know that the memorial service went nicely, although I wasn't able to attend (VA). One good thing is that Hollywood has that "small town" feel...even wedged between Miami and Ft. Laud - everyone kinda knows everyone. Just so sad, but I'm glad she has support. Friends flooded her page. For that, I am so grateful.

Any donations were to help cover the funeral and the rest went to The National Alliance for Mentally Ill (NAMI). Amber is a brave girl. She's always been a super positive person. When I was about 12, I really thought she was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen -Marilyn Monroe material - inside and out. Haven't met anyone like her ever again.

Thanks for being so nice, guys. I'm sure she'll appreciate your thoughts.

xoxo

ETA: I messaged Amber and sent your warm wishes and asked if I could post a pic of of her and her mom, and from the memorial service.

10-12 years ago here in Maine, the woman who headed up a rights and support group for psychiatric patients and their families was stabbed to death by her daughter, who was a schizophrenic. The mother had founded the group when she felt so alone going through her situation with her daughter's illness. Such an ironic tragedy. The rest of the family was so conflicted, but they came to terms with what happened and continue to care for their sister the best they can--they know it is what their mother would want.

People say, why didn't they lock him/her up before this happened? They're not going to put someone in jail or even in involuntary hospitalization (if it's available, which it almost never is) before they commit a serious enough crime. Groups like the one that woman started is one way to do something that makes a dent in the problem in a number of ways. (awareness, legislation, mutual support, information)

I do feel sorry for this man, in addition to his poor mother and family. If it's anything like what happened in Maine, that guy is in jail now and having to take his meds. Soon, as he gets better on the meds, he will realize what he has done. I can't imagine the pain.

10-12 years ago here in Maine, the woman who headed up a rights and support group for psychiatric patients and their families was stabbed to death by her daughter, who was a schizophrenic. The mother had founded the group when she felt so alone going through her situation with her daughter's illness. Such an ironic tragedy. The rest of the family was so conflicted, but they came to terms with what happened and continue to care for their sister the best they can--they know it is what their mother would want.

People say, why didn't they lock him/her up before this happened? They're not going to put someone in jail or even in involuntary hospitalization (if it's available, which it almost never is) before they commit a serious enough crime. Groups like the one that woman started is one way to do something that makes a dent in the problem in a number of ways. (awareness, legislation, mutual support, information)

I do feel sorry for this man, in addition to his poor mother and family. If it's anything like what happened in Maine, that guy is in jail now and having to take his meds. Soon, as he gets better on the meds, he will realize what he has done. I can't imagine the pain.

The could be committed to a hospital involuntarily if they are a danger to themselves or others right? It is a shame that it's not usually available though.

It sounds like the mom wouldn't have done it anyway. She knew he was violent, and mentioned that to friends. Also, earlier in the day he tried to poison her with lithium. When she realized what he had done, she yelled at him.

The could be committed to a hospital involuntarily if they are a danger to themselves or others right? It is a shame that it's not usually available though.

It sounds like the mom wouldn't have done it anyway. She knew he was violent, and mentioned that to friends. Also, earlier in the day he tried to poison her with lithium. When she realized what he had done, she yelled at him.

It's not easy to commit someone even if they are a danger to themselves or others. Money and insurance are a huge issue.
This story hits very close to home for me..... and scares me at the same time.

he was Baker Acted many times during his life, was Baker Acted in September and released not long before the murder, he had threatened to cut his mothers throat and kill himself, surely he should have been held longer after making these threats, he was non compliant with his medication so the professionals charged with deciding his risk factor should have committed him until they were sure he was no risk to anybody else

I wonder if a mother can influence a person's release. This woman was obviously determined to love and care for him, no matter what. And for many people, I think, it would be so hard to believe that your child would kill you. Of course offspring kill parents, but I think one might go, "But I know my child. He would never do that to me."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back