Identified! NM - Los Lunas, Female UP8002, 25-50, Oct'10 - Alesha Daniel

tatertot

Reaction score
** WARNING: RE-TOUCHED POST-MORTEM PHOTO AT FIRST LINK BELOW **

https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/8002

News articles:
http://www.news-bulletin.com/nb/index.php/news/3201-Los-Lunas-police-seek-help-identifying-body.html
http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/investigators-unable-to-id-dead-woman -- contains image of police sketch, clothing and jewelry

A woman, 30 to 60 years old, was found in a field in Los Lunas on October 7. Her cause of death has not yet been determined. She had no scars or tattoos but she did have permanent, non-removable upper and lower dental implants. She wore a maroon top over a sundress, a brooch and a gold cross necklace. I'm stumped -- she doesn't look like anyone in recent missing persons reports I've come across so far.

This is one I picked up on too. I haven't found any MP reports either. With all that extensive dental work, I wonder if she's not local. You'd think area dentists would remember all the implants.

The missing person appears to be a "voluntary missing" case. If Christine Jarrett is the UP she would have been away from home approximately 18 years. There is a discrepancy of 3 inches in the reports. I considered the victim's L facial condition and that the 4-5" scar that is listed on Jarrett's report may not have been evident to the coroner. Jarrett has dentals with missing and "replaced" teeth. That term generally used to imply implants.

Attachments

• NamUS8002-and-NCIC-M-208604014-TWO-for comparison.pdf
    64.5 KB · Views: 105
Namus case #8002. Female observed in area several weeks prior to being found deceased. Composite sketch aired on local news\papers without success. Jane Doe has eight dental implants, non removable. This dental work would have cost over ten thousand dollars. She had no tattoos. Please read the case on Namus and if you think you have a possible match, please let me know. We can do a comparison. THANKS!

Namus case #8002. Female observed in area several weeks prior to being found deceased. Composite sketch aired on local news\papers without success. Jane Doe has eight dental implants, non removable. This dental work would have cost over ten thousand dollars. She had no tattoos. Please read the case on Namus and if you think you have a possible match, please let me know. We can do a comparison. THANKS!

Mensch submitted Christine Ann Jarrett a possible for this UID.

Here's the thread designated for that specific possible match-up.

Submitted NM - NamUS#8002-compare to:MP-Christine Ann Jarrett - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I spoke withmy contact and he now says the UID had all implants and my submission shows a crown. He did not get back with a definite rule out as he is checking the validity of report. I will contact him again later this week.

I spoke withmy contact and he now says the UID had all implants and my submission shows a crown.

That is not necessarily inconsistent, as the MP could have lost the crowned tooth and had it replaced with an implant. That is especially possible due to the amount of time that had passed (18 years) since the Christine's disappearance and the UID's death.

That is not necessarily inconsistent, as the MP could have lost the crowned tooth and had it replaced with an implant. That is especially possible due to the amount of time that had passed (18 years) since the Christine's disappearance and the UID's death.
You're right Carl. A lot can change between the MP report and the actual time found. I find that the case with scars, marks and tattoos. But I even have a hard time with the 18 years and that is rare. So now I am waiting on two reviews. I hope to have a better answer this week or perhaps early next week.

Off topic.....I have another possible for the River woman. Sorry, I don't have a link to that one but would you please read it in a few and tell me how to close it. I will explain...

Carl-
I sent our forensic odontologist that name today, along with several others to try and match any dentals in Namus. If dentals are not available, I will request fingerprints from that agency and do a manual comparison. Thanks!

I just now realized it was not you who submitted it. Oops! sorry about that.

Did anyone ever hear back on this? I did not realize there was a thread here for her and I've been trying to find her for some time.

I wondered if she could possibly be Jennifer Marcum who went missing in 2003. She is from Colorado and her car was found at the Denver airport. There is speculation that she could be in the New York or Washington areas but perhaps she was in New Mexico instead? She's within the age range. The height is spot on. Jennifer has no dentals or DNA in NamUs, so there are some question marks about how a match would be made if so...

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/344/2/

http://durangoherald.com/article/20120303/NEWS01/703039951/-1/s

By Shane Benjamin Article
Last Updated: Friday, March 02, 2012 6:27pm

<snipped>
Alesha Daniel, who would have been 38, is believed to have gone missing in late July or early August 2010, said Detective Burke Baldwin, with the Durango Police Department.

Her remains were found Oct. 7, 2010, in an undisclosed location south of Albuquerque, Baldwin said.

I was just reading up on this on the Facebook Page they had set up for the missing woman. It sounds like it took awhile for the police to make it a missing persons case since she had gone off on her own - to see a male friend in Albuquerque.

I cannot find any information that directly ties Alesha to this UID, but the NamUs link now returns a permission error?

The date and location match. I'd say this is the same case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back