GUILTY TX - Destiny Barrientos, 10 mos, beaten to death, Edinburg, 5 Nov 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
I'm sure you already guessed - this monster is 'the boyfriend'....what better way to show how tough ya are than beating an infant, then trying to run off. :furious:

The baby's name is Destiny Barrientos.

Valluco gang member is expected to face a judge after he allegedly beat a 10-month-old baby to point she had to be put on life support.

Hidalgo County Sheriff’s Office deputies arrested 26-year-old Jose Reyna on an injury to a child charge over the weekend.

Investigators told Action 4 News that it all started on Friday evening when Child Protective Services workers and deputies were called to Renaissance Hospital in McAllen.

A 10-month-old baby girl had arrived at the hospital dead but had been revived by doctors.

The baby girl remains in a coma with minimal brain activity and on life support.

Investigators said the girl is never expected to recover or may die.

The child suffered a ruptured spleen, severed intestines, ruptured pancreas, and blunt trauma to the head.

more here

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=537662

http://www.themonitor.com/articles/beating-44297-death-deputies.html

The second story gives more detail, I just don't understand how she still had these kids with her after she was caught smoking in front of her baby. Im going to say a prayer for this little angel.

The second story gives more detail, I just don't understand how she still had these kids with her after she was caught smoking in front of her baby. Im going to say a prayer for this little angel.

Looks like it was updated after I first saw it -- the mom has been arrested, too.

Glad they are both locked up - I hope it stays that way!

That poor baby!!!At least they are also holding the mother too.How could any children be left in her care after being caught smoking pot with her kids there.Unbelievable how badly the system works,it does nothing to protect children until a death or near death happens.At least now maybe her other children will be safe.I hope they both get life!

A gang member beats a 10 month old baby because she won't stop crying?:banghead:

This story is so sad. The baby girl is in a persistent vegetative state, and is not expected to recover.

The 10-month-old suffered a ruptured spleen and pancreas, severed intestines and blunt force trauma to her head, Treviño said . Doctors told investigators the internal bleeding from her lacerated organs reduced blood flow to her brain, causing irreversible damage that will leave her unresponsive for the rest of her life.

If the baby dies, he will be charged with capital murder. They don't expect the mom to take baby off life support.

And now what? Could anyone here pull the plugs on that baby?! Mom looks MORE evil than the boyfriend!!! Just unbelievable! Really? I don't think I could bring myself to pull those plugs no matter how much I know it SHOULD be done. Glad I'm not in the medical profession; that would be so traumatic!

Sad news, Destiny has passed away....RIP little angel Fly high.

http://www.krgv.com/news/local/stor...-Off-Life-Support/FwG2njxua0yql07kNGvFvg.cspx

Veronica Solis is the child's mother. She and her boyfriend, Jose Reyna, both pleaded guilty to injury of a child. Reyna was sentenced to five years in prison. Solis was sentenced to 10 years probation.

Absolutely disgusting but they can't be tried for her murder because they have been found guilty of injury already! WTH this makes me sick!!!!

http://www.krgv.com/news/local/stor...ng-Taken-Off-Life/y9pg9dmpEUS4EViPSde63A.cspx

RIP Destiny .....

I have a hard time posting anything in regards to gang members without a TO, I have a very high disdain for gangs and feel they should be exterminated !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back