GUILTY OH - Marcus Miller & Nicholas Reynolds for beating alpaca to death, Madison Twp, 2010

What is wrong with people these days? (how many times have I said that?) It's just sickening! "An eye for an eye".....I hope this jerk gets beaten to death, too.:furious: But I know it won't really solve the problem of violence against, and bullying, the innocent.

Seriously!? I too am so flippin sick of this useless violent nonsense!! Kids these days scare me, & we have 2.. I feel, am I like my mom, thinking about the good old days, & that things just aren't the way that they used to be but will be otherwise okay, or have things changed far too greatly for the worse... I'm sorry but I don't recognize society these days, I just don't. Anyone who got their jolly's by stealing & beating to death a defenseless, probably far too trusting & friendly 3 month old animal has got some serious problems, & deserves to be made an example of.

It's hard to convey the need for someone who does things like this to get the appropriate consequences, without going towards the "eye for an eye" kind of thinking. It's not how I was raised to be, but this world isn't how I was raised to think it would be, either.

What is wrong with people these days? (how many times have I said that?) It's just sickening! "An eye for an eye".....I hope this jerk gets beaten to death, too.:furious: But I know it won't really solve the problem of violence against, and bullying, the innocent.

Anyone that would do this for "entertainment" doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us do.

I have to think that some kids just don't have anyone to parent them and they are permitted just to run wild. It doesn't mean they don't know right from wrong, but no one is showing them there are any consequences. Well, there are. jmo

My son is in High School this year, last year when he was in Middle School there was a boy who loved to entertain the other kids with stories of cruelity to the family pets. My son said what was so shocking to him was the attutude of the other kids, they seemed to really get into it and a few others told similar stories, both boys and girls. There is an epidemic of this out there. In this case, all these kids came from semi-affluent families, both parents working and lots of the goodies that lifestyle brings. Apparently the parents of these kids had no idea what was going on or were willingly blind to it.
We are rasing a generation of kids with detached attitudes toward things we take for granted. What's the answer- I don't know.

My son is in High School this year, last year when he was in Middle School there was a boy who loved to entertain the other kids with stories of cruelity to the family pets. My son said was was so shocking to him was the attutude of the other kids, they seemed to really get into it and a few others told similar stories, both boys and girls. There is an epidemic of this out there. In this case, all these kids came from semi-affluent families, both parents working and lots of the goodies that lifestyle brings. Apparently the parents of these kids had no idea what was going on or were willingly blind to it.
We are rasing a generation of kids with detached attitudes toward things we take for granted. What's the answer- I don't know.

The answer is when choosing to "mate" try choosing wisely and if you have a child, be prepared to parent it! I swear the sheer number of people in this county that have lost the knowledge, willingness and ability to PARENT is frightening to me!

My son is in High School this year, last year when he was in Middle School there was a boy who loved to entertain the other kids with stories of cruelity to the family pets. My son said was was so shocking to him was the attutude of the other kids, they seemed to really get into it and a few others told similar stories, both boys and girls. There is an epidemic of this out there. In this case, all these kids came from semi-affluent families, both parents working and lots of the goodies that lifestyle brings. Apparently the parents of these kids had no idea what was going on or were willingly blind to it.

Snick: OMG, what a terrible story. Parents and teachers need to be more involved with children and teach them right from wrong. Pay attention to your children is the lesson to be learned. Thanks for sharing.

As for the monster who did this, I don't know what to say. I think we need stiffer penalites for those that abuse animals and no second chances. I would like to lock them up and throw away the key.:furious: We are seeing more and more animal abuse cases lately.

Goz

Here's my thing...

If someone, anyone, child, adult, whomever, however, sees an animal & their 1st instinct is to harm it in anyway, then there is something wrong with you.

Animals are innocent, they operate off of their instincts... They are friendly when they have been shown kindness by humans, which I'm sure made this animal, like many others an easy target for these cowards...

Most kids today know the difference between right & wrong. Most just choose to turn off that voice inside of them because it is not the "popular vote"....

Here's my thing...

If someone, anyone, child, adult, whomever, however, sees an animal & their 1st instinct is to harm it in anyway, then there is something wrong with you.

Animals are innocent, they operate off of their instincts... They are friendly when they have been shown kindness by humans, which I'm sure made this animal, like many others an easy target for these cowards...

Most kids today know the difference between right & wrong. Most just choose to turn off that voice inside of them because it is not the "popular vote"....

Definitely something wrong. Baby alpacas are adorable. Someone who upon seeing a baby animal, wants to hurt or kill it is messed up. He had a cute, fuzzy, baby alpaca and beat it to death.

Here's what a baby alpaca looks like:

Baby%20Alpaca.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic Tuffy. I know that this thread needed one, some folks may not know what an alpaca is, & may otherwise skip right past this story. If this guy & his friend who pleaded guilty in Sept are so heartless not only to beat this 3 month old baby to death, but to then then expect any sort of break within the system for pleading, just goes to show how crazy society is when they/we allow it to happen.

When will it stop?

From Wikipedia:

"Most alpacas do not like being grabbed. Some alpacas tolerate being stroked or petted anywhere on their bodies, although many do not like their feet, lower legs, and especially their abdomen touched or handled."

What these boys did is awful & they need to serve time.

I have to think that some kids just don't have anyone to parent them and they are permitted just to run wild. It doesn't mean they don't know right from wrong, but no one is showing them there are any consequences. Well, there are. jmo

Ohiogirl, that's a good point, but it can actually go the other way. I have a friend who didn't have parents. Abandoned along with her two brothers. She went through an orphanage and quite a few foster homes where she suffered cruel punishments. This lady would lay down and die before she would allow someone to hurt an innocent animal or a child. She's an advocate for animal rights. In fact another friend was with her and they were going through a rough neighborhood. She saw a guy beating a dog and stopped and got out and freaked. Then she called 911.

Anyone that would hurt an innocent animal has way more problems than not getting parented properly.

Not to go into it, but I had even posted about this. I saw neighborhood kids and I mean little kids find a sick wild rabbit. None of these kids were being parented period. Two little girls cradled the poor, sick rabbit. After awhile and a long while a dad came out and put the rabbit in a box and put it in the trash can. The rabbit appeared to be still alive. That guys kid and this was a little boy took the box from the trash and proceeded to jump on it. Jumped up and down on a box with a rabbit in it.

That kid is so not wired right. Neither was the father.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ALPACA_SLAYING?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

"...teenager who had already pleaded guilty to misdemeanor animal cruety ..."
"He was sentenced to eight months in prison on the felonies and 90 days in jail on the misdemeanor."

I think there is little to NO reason to ask why this happens. 90 DAYS !!!! for beating a baby animal to death. but for STEALING it .... you get eight months. So had he owned the animal and done this he would have only gotten 90 days total.

THAT, my friends, is why this happens. It is SICKENING that animal abuse isn't taken more seriously in this country.

Poor baby Masterpiece... rip little friend, what happened to you is wrong and there are people here that will continue to fight to make sure people who harm you (and other animals) are MORE FIRMLY punished.

Animals are commonly where it starts their parents or the law should demand some type of psychological help. If not there is the chance the next time wont be an animal. (not that I find animal abuse in any way acceptable).

Animals are commonly where it starts their parents or the law should demand some type of psychological help. If not there is the chance the next time wont be an animal. (not that I find animal abuse in any way acceptable).

Very good idea, nort. Some type of mandatory psych program in animal cruelty cases might help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back