Emotional Toll

Reannan

Reaction score
This case has been an emotional roller coaster. The initial media reports caused concern mixed with a deep sympathy for Zahra because of her past hard-fought battles with cancer. This sympathy rapidly turned to admiration, respect, and love for this child. Her smile is perhaps one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. I have followed crimes like this for a long time, and sadly, the feelings I am now having are not new for me. Last Friday, 11/5/10 I felt my first big emotional melt-down coming. I sent my husband and 10 year old daughter to the local high school football game, bought a bottle of wine and came home to get on WS's. I bet I cried for a few hours that night. I feel it coming again.... Just wanted to share that. If some of you are new to this, I thought it might help to know that it happens..... and we never get used to it. Hugs to all of you for your support and companionship through the nightmare.

Not only do we feel this emotional toll, can we evenimagine what all LE
and related workers are going through?
God bless them, finding a horrific crime scene, gruesome discoveries of the remains of a child.
Dealing with the sub humans that did this morbid crime against Zahra.

God bless them, finding a horrific crime scene, gruesome discoveries of the remains of a child.

I can't even begin to imagine what they must be feeling. My nerves are just completely shot!

God bless these dedicated men and women!

Take a deep breath and count your blessings. Understanding the minds of the monsters that walk among us is beyond a normal persons comprehension.
The information I have read over the past years has changed the way I think and act. I just don't understand when you share concern and warning most people just don't want to hear or just can't deal with the reality of the evil in the world.
I am certainly glad my head is no longer in the sand.

Me and myself have a deal. No crying until they are found. Then it's wine time, and it's both a celebration of them and a time to just let go. This one is HARD.

Me and myself have a deal. No crying until they are found. Then it's wine time, and it's both a celebration of them and a time to just let go. This one is HARD.

You and me both. I feel sadness, yes...but more determination at this point. And anger. And disgust. I will cry for Zahra when she has her proper earthly resting place and her killers are properly punished.

I am drawn, and I am connected with this case. I do not understand why. I have told myself it was because the day they issued the Amber alert we were in that area. I fast realized that is not the reason.

I had a very vivid dream about all of this. I know some people don't take dreams seriously. This was not a normal dream.

I also know people take EB as being stupid. This woman is not stupid by any means. This woman knows how to manipulate people.

I think about poor ZB all the time. Like she was one of my own. I cry, I try to do anything I can to find answers. My heart aches for this child. I believe she was sent here for a purpose. To open the eyes of those that walk around blindly. For those that have become desensitized to what hatred and evil are. To show us that just because a beautiful, strong little girl, can smile in the face of evil, does not mean she doesn't need people that love her to protect her. To show us not to turn our heads when we see what we know is wrong. To stand up and show a child they are loved by the world. To stand up to these people that prey on others. To change our own comfort zone. For all those men and women that are out there with a significant other that is abusing a child, do not fear them. Take that child out of that situation for Zahra! <3

Kind of the opposite for me. Once they are found, I can find my footing emotionally. It's while I'm waiting and searching that I get completely frayed emotionally. It's hard for me to get distance when I'm so up close, looking at maps and search sites, etc. I'm not much of a cryer...ever really...but the nerves, oy!

I would like to also Thank all the WS for always keeping us updated on this case, so many of us have put our hearts and soul along with so many prayers. WS has the best and most caring people on the web. Thank All of u on WS for keeping us all updated when the ones like me that can't keep up. Sending you all love & hugs, Good night & God Bless.
Thank You all
catnron

Thank you ((((Reee)))) for starting this thread.

What an EMOTIONAL PULL little Zahra has had on me. I am sure most of you have heard of my own battle with childhood cancer, chemo, radiation, recurrances, the like....

It is HARD ENOUGH to survive cancer as a child let alone have to endure what she must have. I was lucky enough to have parents that supported me, held me like the fragile egg they thought I was ((((but let me tell you... childhood cancer survivors are HARD EGGS!!! TRUST ME I AM ONE)))) But to know that my parents and everyone else around me treated me as parboiled... that was fine with me. The support overwhelming. I still carry in my purse a piece of a prayer cloth that friends prayed over for me.

I am sick... absolutely SICK that Zahra will never get to exert the strength on the world that she would have gleaned from being a childhood cancer survivor. I am LIVID that someone... a HUMAN BEING (or multiple humans) took this life that she fought for. Her body defied her and she told it off... only to have her ultimate dignity and strength from that survival robbed from her by EVIL!

I will never ever forget this little girl and I want all of her found. Every bit and piece. She deserves AT LEAST THAT.

I guess I realised how much this case was getting to me when at a local department store this weekend. A little girl looked at her mom then glared at another little girl and said I dont know why we have to deal with her every other week and the mom said I dont either. I wanted to plummet the woman and explain how kids are here to cherish. Ive never been so mad in all my life! JMO

What an EMOTIONAL PULL little Zahra has had on me. I am sure most of you have heard of my own battle with childhood cancer, chemo, radiation, recurrances, the like....

It is HARD ENOUGH to survive cancer as a child let alone have to endure what she must have. I was lucky enough to have parents that supported me, held me like the fragile egg they thought I was ((((but let me tell you... childhood cancer survivors are HARD EGGS!!! TRUST ME I AM ONE)))) But to know that my parents and everyone else around me treated me as parboiled... that was fine with me. The support overwhelming. I still carry in my purse a piece of a prayer cloth that friends prayed over for me.

I am sick... absolutely SICK that Zahra will never get to exert the strength on the world that she would have gleaned from being a childhood cancer survivor. I am LIVID that someone... a HUMAN BEING (or multiple humans) took this life that she fought for. Her body defied her and she told it off... only to have her ultimate dignity and strength from that survival robbed from her by EVIL!

I will never ever forget this little girl and I want all of her found. Every bit and piece. She deserves AT LEAST THAT.

I know a delightful young woman who is also a survivor of childhood cancer, and like Zahra, had one of her legs amputated. Even over twenty years later, this woman has a strength of character that just shines like a beacon! I imagine Zahra was like that to everyone except her father and stepmother, who seem to have been taken over by evil and darkness. This is why I have been following her story and why I care so much about her.

I don't post much, but I do follow many of the cases here. I don't usually find that the cases take an emotional toll on me, but this one is different.

My little sister was a childhoold cancer survivor. unfortunately her brain tumour started growing again early this fall and she passed away at the age of 31 on October 13. My sister was small in stature but probably tougher than anyone I know, or will know. She was in the hospital off and on from the age of 3 until 5 and she was cherished...and I really mean cherished by my Mom, dad and everyone.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to hurt a child...but cancer survivors - kids that have battled such adversity - they are a special breed and I don't get it.

i know my Mom would do ANYTHING to get my sister back, but cancer took her, so I just don't understand why those would harm a child who was battling cancer.

I don't believe in God, but my sister did. She didn't have any children, but was amazing with my kids. Maybe she is keeping an eye on Zahra in heaven.

My late husband was retired LE and did his share of searching. When it ended badly, he would just have to go out to his shop ALONE and mostly just sit there. Missing children always took a tremendous toll on him. Even years after retirement, he would wake up during the night sometimes and just have to get up for a little while. It got a little better after a few years.

He came in contact with Danny Rolling when he (DR) was a kid. He even arrested him once when he was older. Danny Rolling's Dad was actually on the SPD with my husband. Then when the police chief 'lost it' and was in his attic with a gun, it was my husband who went in and talked him out.

As for dealing with sub-humans; all he had to do was look at someone and observe them for a few minutes to know what they were all about. When he was LE, he even used the word 'hinky' (they all did) and that was about 20 years ago.

You should never be surprised at what some deviant, sick people do. I have to say, tho, that this case is one that will never be forgotten. My heart has really hurt over so many of these murdered babies, children, and adults. Little Zahra has touched me so profoundly that I cannot get her out of my thoughts. It is almost as if I cannot rest properly until she is found and put to rest with the love and the dignity she so deserved in life.

LE does go through so much, and they do take it personally when a child is involved. They live and breathe each moment to conclusion, no matter how hard it is for them. And they never forget.

MOO

I am SO glad you are a survivor, we wouldn't be the same without you.
Also, feel the same way about Zahra, it's more then such a shame. :(
SHAME ON THE ADULTS AROUND HER!!IMO

My first post here - I have been lurking for a couple of weeks, but just had to post and say thank you, to all of those searching for this precious little girl, and those of you who are contributing to the effort in finding her. I'm not sure why this case has touched me as it has - I have a 21 month old toddler who I love more than life itself, and can't imagine how any parent could allow any harm whatsoever to come to his / her child, no matter what - my little boy is my LIFE... my heart goes out to ED... I have been having so much trouble sleeping at night, thinking about Zahra - I would have loved to have been able to take her in and love her, and spoil her. :( Just had to post here, this has really made an impact on our lives. XOXO

My late husband was retired LE and did his share of searching. When it ended badly, he would just have to go out to his shop ALONE and mostly just sit there. Missing children always took a tremendous toll on him. Even years after retirement, he would wake up during the night sometimes and just have to get up for a little while. It got a little better after a few years.

He came in contact with Danny Rolling when he (DR) was a kid. He even arrested him once when he was older. Danny Rolling's Dad was actually on the SPD with my husband. Then when the police chief 'lost it' and was in his attic with a gun, it was my husband who went in and talked him out.

As for dealing with sub-humans; all he had to do was look at someone and observe them for a few minutes to know what they were all about. When he was LE, he even used the word 'hinky' (they all did) and that was about 20 years ago.

You should never be surprised at what some deviant, sick people do. I have to say, tho, that this case is one that will never be forgotten. My heart has really hurt over so many of these murdered babies, children, and adults. Little Zahra has touched me so profoundly that I cannot get her out of my thoughts. It is almost as if I cannot rest properly until she is found and put to rest with the love and the dignity she so deserved in life.

LE does go through so much, and they do take it personally when a child is involved. They live and breathe each moment to conclusion, no matter how hard it is for them. And they never forget.

MOO

Thank you for loaning your husband to your community for so long and for sharing your story with us. He sounds like he was very special.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back