Identified! FL - Fort Lauderdale, male body parts in barrel, Nov'10 - Warren Danzig

ShowerSinger

Reaction score
Because I live in FL, I guess I am amazed that this kind of crap goes on here. Police released a photo of New Balance tennis shoes, after someone discovered the remains in a barrel, and tethered them to a dock. Only later, did they check the contents, and become concered. Found in a canal, creepy scary.

Sister travels there frequently, and she told me over the phone. Will look for link.

www.abcnews.go.com/US/florida-body-found-container-floating-ft-lauderdale-canal/story?id=12111
crap, too tired, and can't figure out why I can't link..hope someone here can do better, gotta go to bed.
Sick, sick story. Hope they catch the who did this.

Five days after a homeowner found parts of a man's body inside a container floating in a waterway, police divers on Wednesday kept searching the waters off Northeast 26th Street for evidence, a police spokesman said.

Divers returned to the site of the body's discovery, Fort Lauderdale Police Sgt. Frank Sousa said.

The victim, still unidentified, may have been killed between Oct. 31 and Thursday, police said.

His body was cut up and placed in the container, which was filled with concrete in an effort to sink it, Sousa said. Police declined to say which body parts where found and how the body was cut up, citing the open case.

The victim was described as a white male, likely 5-foot-8 to 6 feet tall. He wore thick, prescription glasses and wore gray, size 10, New Balance sneakers.

http://southflorida.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-fort-lauderdale-body-folo-20101110,0,7461897.story

Oy @ the comments below the article.

Body parts that turned up miles apart along waterways in Fort Lauderdale and Dania Beach are those of the same man, authorities said Tuesday.

Fort Lauderdale police and the Broward Sheriff's Office are jointly investigating the cause of death. Who he is is still not known.

Among the other unanswered questions is whether the person, or people, responsible for the dumped body parts also killed the man. He may have been slain between Oct. 31 and Nov. 4, police said.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/br...ia-beach-head-update-20101123,0,3148915.story

From the Sun Sentinel link above...

Eight days later, an employee of Millions of Parts, an auto supply store, found the man's head while cleaning a bank of the Dania Cutoff Canal. The employee said the head, with reddish hair, was in a bucket with concrete.

BBM

if they have a suspect in the murder then it should lead to the name of a victim. what a quick turn of events considering that the victim had been butchered.

I donlt understand why they can't releaase the victim name. surly by now the next kin was notfy?

I donlt understand why they can't releaase the victim name. surly by now the next kin was notfy?

It says that the victim lately resided in the Dominican Republic. Perhaps his only relatives are not in the U.S.

Wow, perp looks downright evil! And what's with paying for his daughter's tuition? Kinda cold blooded to kill/dismember for that and a set of tires...Wonder if this the first time in 53 yrs. that he needed money THAT badly....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back