GUILTY FL - Rilya Wilson, 5, Miami, 18 Jan 2001

Police Arrest Caretakers In Rilya Wilson Case
Girl Disappeared Three Years Ago

POSTED: 10:59 am EDT August 18, 2004

MIAMI -- Miami-Dade police have arrested Rilya Wilson's former caretakers in connection with her disappearance.

Rilya was 5 years old when she vanished while in custody of the Department of Children and Families.

http://www.nbc6.net/news/3662919/detail.html

FINALLY SOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if only these two would ADMIT to what REALLY happened to poor little Rilya!!

I was thinking about this pretty little girl and wondered if anyone has any updates.

Rilya- you aren't forgotten

Are there any new leads in this case? I remember watching this several years ago and being shocked that a little girl could just dispear from her foster home..

was a couple of months ago-the foster parents jailed on various charges of abuse and neglect-but still no answers as to what really happened to Rilya! :behindbar

An arrest:

Woman charged with murdering missing girl

MIAMI – A woman who was supposed to be taking care of Rilya Wilson, the 4-year-old foster child whose disappearance three years ago scandalized Florida's child-protection agency, was indicted Wednesday on charges of murdering the little girl.

Geralyn Graham was also charged with kidnapping and aggravated assault. No body has been found, prosecutors said.

"Our grand jury has heard the facts and determined that Rilya's disappearance was the result of an act of violence and has indicted the child's former caretaker," State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle said.

Prosecutors said they believe that the girl was dead by the time her disappearance was discovered.

Graham's attorney, Brian L. Tannebaum, said he had not seen the indictment.

"This is a woman who they charged with kidnapping without any evidence that she took the child anywhere and now they've charged her with the murder of a child they have not located," Tannebaum said.

But no charges were filed for Rilya's disappearance until August when Geralyn Graham was accused of aggravated child abuse, for locking Rilya in a cage and other alleged mistreatment. She was also charged with kidnapping for removing Rilya from Pamela Graham's custody. Pamela Graham, who was cooperating with authorities, was charged with child abuse.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/031705dnnatmissing.a3df1.html

that I hope Florida and the rest of the country remembers-it was under Gov. Jeb Bush's watch that almost 1000 children entrusted to the care of the DFS could not be accounted for-Rilya just one of the many! And to this day not all of these children have been accounted for. Maybe he should be more concerned about the DFS shortcomings and try to acually CORRECT this problem and quit trying to do an end-run around the courts in the case of Terri Schiavo! After all, he claims that he is "trying to protect the weakest and most helpless in society"-then let him actually DO SOMETHING about the situation with the DFS!!!

Bring Maura Home!

This is sickening. But it seems like it was where this case was headed. This woman is a sick monster.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/nation/11327974.htm

MIAMI - Hours after she was charged last year with kidnapping and abusing 4-year-old Rilya Wilson, Geralyn Graham whispered to a comforting cellmate that she smothered Rilya with a pillow to end the girl's "suffering" spawned by the abuse and neglect of others, the confidante later told police.

"I killed it," Graham said, according to robbery suspect-turned-state's witness Robin Lunceford.

Lunceford also told detectives that Graham - who uses a walker and suffers from various health problems - admitted burying Rilya's body near a pond where Rilya used to play with Graham and her former lover, Pamela Graham, Rilya's legal guardian.

Graham picked the spot "because the water represents peace and she gave the baby a proper burial," Lunceford said.

I am re-posting this article here-I just put it under the "Missing-But Not Forgotten" section. Sorry about bending the rules, but it's a story a lot of people have been following and I thought it might be a good idea to spread the word, even though it's horrible news.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansa...on/11327974.htm

MIAMI - Hours after she was charged last year with kidnapping and abusing 4-year-old Rilya Wilson, Geralyn Graham whispered to a comforting cellmate that she smothered Rilya with a pillow to end the girl's "suffering" spawned by the abuse and neglect of others, the confidante later told police.

"I killed it," Graham said, according to robbery suspect-turned-state's witness Robin Lunceford.

Lunceford also told detectives that Graham - who uses a walker and suffers from various health problems - admitted burying Rilya's body near a pond where Rilya used to play with Graham and her former lover, Pamela Graham, Rilya's legal guardian.

Graham picked the spot "because the water represents peace and she gave the baby a proper burial," Lunceford said.

Thanks for posting the article. When will these murderers learn that the only person they need to "kill to end suffering" is themselves?

Amen to that. Smothering a child in order to "end her suffering" will never make sense in a million years. But this witch had enough self-preservation to cover it up, lie about it, and continue on with her life of being a professional con artist.

I'm in a poor mood today and this just did me in. Burn her at the stake.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back