Ransom note, as viewed by a foreigner!

Seeker

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I had forgotten about this until I saw it today.
It really explains much of why the note was not written by a "foreign faction".

It's the little things that really tell us so much...

Thanks, Seeker. The analysis was well done.

Hokey as it was, the note kept the Ramseys out of jail. Writing it turned out to be a smart move, because no note = no "evidence" of an intruder.

imo

I know what you mean Ivy. You know what else always bugged me about that note? That it said "we are a group of individuals".
Why not just "we are a group"?
It doesn't make sense to be a "group" of "individuals". You are either a group with a comon goal, or you are individuals with your own goal!

Fantastic Sylvia! Ought to be on ACR's website!

The whole note sounds like something Patsy would say...and were not John and Patsy members of the Atlanta 'fat cat' club?

That analysis is good at taking the note apart but not good at appraising it as a construction, except for the comment that novels are a source for material in the note.

Ivy, the note didn't keep the Ramseys out of jail, Boulder did.

All of the elements in the note have a source, and a reason for being in the note and a reason for their placing in the note. It is a creative work, an opus, just like the dead body of JonBenet was.

We are a group of individuals THAT represent a foreign faction....

Why not whom, who, etc...

John Ramsey uses THAT in his language.

Three quarters of America uses THAT in their speech. I don't know, but to me the note always reminded me of someone who was maybe in the low income range, attempting to word a ransom note to sound "bigger" than they really are, especially with the movie references used. It just was not put together well and definitely not a "real" ransom note. I think it was from someone who had never actually kidnapped anyone before but was going to make an attempt to get some cash out of them, then things went all awry and everything changed. The note was written before the crime, IMO. I think the Ramseys would not think to use movie references in staging a crime like this. Heck, I think if they killed her they way everyone says they did (in a fit of rage of wetting the bed, covering up for Burke, etc.) they would have done something else and if they did stage a kidnapping they would take her from the home so she could be found dead somewhere else, not in their home. I cannot see them sitting there in that house the majority of the day knowing she was down there dead and then not encouraging law enforcement to search the house thoroughly so that they(LE) could find her instead of John finding her. Just makes no sense to me.

If Patsy had done this because of some religious whatever that BMoon is always touting to us, she would have cracked by now. Most of the time people who do that, end up explaining WHY they did it, I guess in hopes of getting sympathy for their sacrifice or hoping for understanding of why they did what they did. No way could she have kept this to herself all these years, nor John for that matter, without having a breakdown or something.

Do you think that you could do it if your significant other, the love of your life, took the life of your precious child for some stupid reason as religious, etc.....Wouldn't you have so much anger build up in you over the years and hatred for this person for doing this to you and putting your family through hell with the police, media, and public, causing you to go bankrupt and lose everything practically and NOT crack??? No way! He would have already put her butt to the curb and left her out to the vultures and would see that she paid for her stupid mistake. But who knows, stranger things have happened, I guess. That is just what I think about it.

IMO the note is just plain naive and silly. No adult would write such rambling nonsense. It was likely written by a juvenile male.

JMO

BlueCrab said:
IMO the note is just plain naive and silly. No adult would write such rambling nonsense. It was likely written by a juvenile male.

JMO

I say it was written by Patsy while in a state of psychological dissociation and regression to a juvenile personality in the manner of MPD or DID.

No twizz, you misunderstand me. I say the death was part of a long history of one person USING another. The religious elements overlay the underlying psychological factors. The motive is not driven by religion, it is driven by infantile retentive self absorption. Patsy misused the messages in The Psalms to provide the authority and justification for what she wanted to do; use another person as an object to go through things for her that she was unwilling to do herself.

Toltec said:
We are a group of individuals THAT represent a foreign faction....

I think that is an indication of the multiple identity of the author.

The address of the note was changed from Mr. and Mrs. [R] to Mr. Ramsey. That removed Patsy from being the object of the directives of the note to being the subject of the note. She then goes on to first establish herself as a group, thus more formidable, also inflated, unreal, dreamlike and dramatic.

The note writer had a hard time keeping up the facade. She clumsily drifted from identifying her foreign faction as "we" and then slipped and would say
"I". Which of course is the truth.

The note has been called many things - and "real" is not one of them.
It's just proof of the ruse.

The note was also a way for the Rs to try to point the finger of suspicion at anyone who could have known the amount of John's bonus. Even before JonBenet's body was found, John quickly dismissed the possiblilty of a foreign faction and eagerly told LE that he thought the "kidnapping" was an inside job. It was clear to me then what John was up to. Patsy penned the note, but John was involved in the staging up to his eyeballs.

imo

BlueCrab said:

JMO
From the point of Patsy writing the note, i mean why even write the note, why not just call the police and let them search the house as they had to know the police would. Burke could have written the note after all words like foreign faction are said often x box and play station games, but still makes me wonder why write the note at all. unless burke wrote the note before patsy and jon knew burke killed her. the cops already there so they just began at that point after they found out burke killed JBR to start cover up.

The note gets me, if it was patsy why even do it.

If an intruder wrote the note before death left the note went to basement accidently killed her and left her there. but i dont believe there was an intruder. but i would go more with intruder than parents.

JMO
Kat

Without the note, there would be no "evidence" whatsoever of an intruder, only the Rs' story that they couldn't find JonBenet. If they called 911 without having written the note, what would they say to the operator? "Please send someone to help us look for our daughter...she must be hiding from us"??? To "prove" an intruder took her is why the Ramseys wrote the note. (Patsy penned the note, imo, but John worked with her in deciding what it should say.)

No note = No evidence of an intruder

BlueCrab said:

JMO

The note was not written by some juvenille. It clearly indicates, as the experts have said, an "educated adult" - either a female or a gentile man.
Most likely a female.
A juvenille would NOT use the word "attache" nor the phrase "and hence" or "gentlemen" - but we KNOW Patsy Ramsey used the last 2 of the uncommon phrases. Even after the murder.
She has also stated that in the past John would "dictate" to her as she wrote.
Hmmm..... Although I don't think that John probably did in this instance. He would not have let her go on and on and on for 3 pages. (Thou doth protest too much Patsy!) And the note was, as Lee put it "theatrical." Very Patsy.

I think the note is a non-mystery. In looking at this crime you first look to the inside of that house, the family that was there that night - and work your way out where the evidence leads. Well even though the evidence led right TO that house and the occupants in it - they still worked their way out to be sure and rule out the unlikely.
What are the odds that they found a person whose handwriting had many similarities to the note and ALSO the lingustics of the note had many similiarities and uniqueness to this same person - and that person just HAPPENED to have been at the murder scene that night with her fiber evidence all over the crime scene and weapon?????? C'mon! This doesn't take much to figure out!
It is clear evidence that Patsy Ramsey was deeply involved - if not alone - in the cover-up of the crime/accident.
It does not show though just WHO it was that delivered that blow to JonBenet's head and got the whole mess going.
That could have been anyone in that house - and IMO most likely her older brother.

Ivy said:
Excellent post, K777angel. You nailed it.

imo

Thanks Ivy!

I also wanted to add that the 'placement' of the note must, pardoned the pun - be noted.
Of all the places in that nearly 7,000 sq ft. house - why was the the bottom steps of the spiral staircase chosen?? This is very important.
The logical place to put the note would have been on JonBenet's bed.
But the location chosen just HAPPENED to be the very place that Patsy would place items on a regular basis that needed to be NOTICED to go upstairs.
The subconscious motivation in this is obvious. Habit.

Not to mention these are the very stairs she always chose to come down in each morning. Not the other stairs.
How would an 'intruder' know this?

It just all adds up to a very incriminating picture of Patsy. Facts are facts. And you cannot discount facts.
It is not one particular piece of evidence that indicates her - but the totality of the evidence. As is always the case in a circumstantial murder case. Which nearly EVERY murder case is with no witness or confession.

BlueCrab said:

JMO
I have always thought it was possible that an original note was written by juveniles and the note was rewitten by Patsy. This would explain the missing pages from the pad. It could be possible that John may have told Patsy to rewrite the note while he staged the rest of the scene and she combined some of the original parts of the note with her own additions to make one long ransom note that sounds part juvenile and part Patsy.

Here's what Patsy told the Enquirer when asked what goes through her mind when she remembers that night:

"It kind of makes my heart go pitty-pat. I mean right now, I'm feeling like, gosh, this happened to my child."

Pretty juvenile sounding, isn't it? I think Patsy was morphing into Shirley Temple when she said that.

imo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998