Body Language of AB's interview 2010.11.16 - 11:00 PM EST WBTV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original interview thread can be found here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120051"]2010.11.16 - 11:00 PM EST Adam Baker Speaks with WBTV - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Can't look interviewer in the eye when he answers "Nnnnno". Also drawn out hesitiation before he answers.

And that's all I have to say about that.

I just didn't see any emotion of any type, he seemed flat emotionally. I too noticed how he looked down when he was answering a question about being involved with Zahra's death or dismemberment. Not that I am any expert or would want to crucify a parent of a murdered child for not crying the way I expected them too, he just seems so disconnected to me.

head down (in response to a speaker or proposition) head negative, disinterested Head down is generally a signal of rejection (of someone's ideas etc), unless the head is down for a purpose like reading supporting notes, etc. Head down when responding to criticism is a signal of failure, vulnerability (hence seeking protection), or feeling ashamed.
head down (while performing an activity) head defeat, tiredness Lowering the head is a sign of loss, defeat, shame, etc.

"There's no possible way to uh ... (shifts eyes to right, pauses nearly 4 seconds, appears to reach for an idea or even a word befitting the occasion) ... ever fill the hole left by my daughter."

Detecting Lies

Liars..
...are often worried about being caught or feel guilty, and are hence tense.
So they...
...speak in a higher pitched voice
...hesitate.
...make speech errors.
...move jerkily.
...do not 'remember' what they say happened.
...say things which are inconsistent.
...miss out irrelevant detail.
...are vague, missing out detail such as times, places and feelings.
...make up stuff.
...hesitate as they think about what to say.
...forget what they said (and so pause to try and remember).
...do not want to answer questions. ...cover the mouth.
...clamp the mouth shut, pressing lips together when you mention difficult topics.
...try to avoid answering key questions.
...digress and wander away from the real subject.
...try to distract you with other points of 'interest'.
...go along easily if you change the subject.
...try to confuse you.
...give complex answers.
...question minor detail of your questions.
...try to appear innocent, acting like a child.
...wide open eyes, raised eyebrows.
...enunciate speech carefully with more mouth movement.
...raise eyebrows in middle of face and pout.
...look like they are about to cry.
...are worried about what you might ask.
...talk a lot to use up the time.
...get 'emotional' to try and put you off.
...are worried about what they might say.
...use language carefully.
...pause to think before answering.
...give short answers.
...use a monotonous tone.
...fear eye contact will give the game away.
...avoid eye contact, turning eyes or head down or away.
...glance away just as they start lying.
...blink more often.
...rub their eyes more.
...fear being detected.
...say as little as possible.
...try to get away or change the subject.
...parrot back your words with a denial.
...exaggerate statements about being truthful.
...watch you carefully for signs of suspicion.
...try to control language.
...use precise language.
...generalize ('always', 'nobody', etc.).
...do not use contractions (saying 'do not', vs. 'don't').
...try to control body language.
...hold the body rigid.
...leak signals then cover up fast.
...smile with the mouth but not the eyes.
...forget to control the lower body (which may twitch).
...'act', using exaggerated movements.
...cannot control body language.
...send conflicting signals with different parts of the body.
...have eye pupil dilation.
...shrug and grimace (usually for very brief periods).
...give the game away with lower-body signals.
...fidget, with hands and feet.
...move hands more.
...become aroused and speed up.
...talk faster.
...blink more.
...swallow more.
...move faster.
...feel threatened.
...attack, defend or deflect.
...place barriers in front of them, from arms to books to tables.
...need time to think.
...repeat the question.
...adjust their clothing.
...ramble on about inconsequential things.
...has slight delays in speech-body alignment.
...make up pictures and see them objectively, from the outside.
...try to keep neutral.
...describe things as if viewing them.
...look in a different place (usually up and often up-right) to where we look when remembering (as opposed to constructing) a picture.
...try to distance themselves from events.
...use less 'I' statements.
...use disclaimers ('you may not believe this, but...').
...flatly deny presence or involvement.
...get warmer. Sweat.
...skin gets redder or damper.
...rubbing affected area, particularly palms and head, especially the neck or nose.
...know about the above and over-compensate.
...appear too relaxed.
...keep a 'frozen face' to avoid leakage.
...hold themselves still with hands and arms.
...stare (blinking less).
...go too rigid.
...go into excessive detail.
...show no discrepancies at all.
...wear dark glasses.

While it was a very short interview..I picked up a lot of the cues from the above posted 'Detecting Lies' list. Wide-eyed, child-like, dilated pupils etc.

OMG ... "ever fill the hole left by my daughter ..."

That phrase, surely unintentional and subconscious in it's double meaning, absolutely gives me the shudders.

"There's no possible way to uh ... (shifts eyes to right, pauses nearly 4 seconds, appears to reach for an idea or even a word befitting the occasion) ... ever fill the hole left by my daughter."

BBM.

At that point, I would have asked him, "Mr. Baker, what do you feel about the fact that your daughter's remains were left in a hole, and a lot of people think you and your wife might have something to do with it?"

It would be interesting to see the body language such a question would produce.

We now have the "clean cut " boy look, no facial hair,a plain blue shirt w/ a nice clean white t shirt underneath, compliments of ? nevermind you know who.

Actually I think the other Ts he had fit better.

New image Adam.

Speech hasnt changed much, but I did notice he didnt mention he had to work today,he looks pretty rested and Im sure that due to the fact he didnt have to work today..

As far as Adam wanting to have a normal life, that's scary, does he really know what normal is, or does he think his previous normal is normal?

This is scary, I really think the people in Hickory are NOT safe with him running around.

Sorry, but Adam's mom gives me the creeps, holding on to his arm & saying people just don't understand. She's one of those moms who will stand by her boy no matter what he has done (& I bet she's glad Elisa's out of the picture for now too)

I deleted a similar post three times...after seconds of searching for phrasing, he, perhaps, leaks---(shoulder shrug, voice trailing) "to ever fill the hole left by my daughter."

PR makeover-completely clean-shaven, dark collared shirt, long sleeved (tattoos not visible).
Also, hands remained folded on lap.

He is very soft-spoken. Voice is laid-back...very disarming quality about it. His facial expressions (anxious) belie his calm voice. First view, was struck how out of sync they seem with each other.

He is very soft-spoken. Voice is laid-back...very disarming quality about it. His facial expressions (anxious) belie his calm voice. First view, was struck how out of sync they seem with each other.
His 'soft' voice is an act, his facial expressions also feign an act of innocence. Where is his distress? Where is the plea to find his daughters killer? Where is his anger? All he can think about is getting outta dodge and running back to Australia where mommy can protect him....far away from the scene of his crime. Good luck with that AB... haha..no passport, and by the way, don't delude yourself. You are going nowhere but to PRISON. Forever.

Such a flat affect. Absolutely no emotion in any range - no sorrow; no anger; no denial; no.....well......no nothing. Its almost like he's had a psychotic break in reality. I guess maybe if you watch your daughter die at the hand of your new wife and then dismember and scatter her, then help clean up that scene its possible to have such a break.

If he truly had no hand in any of this - then where is the hurt; the huge sense of loss; the anger at the perp? There is nothing there. He just wants to go home. Why are we not hearing where he was? What he thinks could have happened? SOMETHING.

After seeing this tonight I truly hope he is watched very carefully - he seems very close to the edge.

He noticeably presses his lips together and swallows (around 1:34) when he talks about the police getting "...the right result and justice for Zahra."

Such a flat affect. Absolutely no emotion in any range - no sorrow; no anger; no denial; no.....well......no nothing. Its almost like he's had a psychotic break in reality. I guess maybe if you watch your daughter die at the hand of your new wife and then dismember and scatter her, then help clean up that scene its possible to have such a break.

If he truly had no hand in any of this - then where is the hurt; the huge sense of loss; the anger at the perp? There is nothing there. He just wants to go home. Why are we not hearing where he was? What he thinks could have happened? SOMETHING.

After seeing this tonight I truly hope he is watched very carefully - he seems very close to the edge.

bolded by me..

I agree with you....my question to him would be when he says he wants to go home.....Don't you want to stay and find the person responsible who did this henious act upon your daughter.......????

That statement says Volumes to me.......If he was TRULY innocent, he would want to turn the state upside down looking for the killer/helping the LE convict the murderer....... and FORGET about going home...Bring about justice for your little daughter......moo

His responses to the hard, direct questions are telling.

Did you dismember Zahra and dispose of her body?

...tries to appear innocent, acting like a child.
...soft , higher pitched voice.
...wide open eyes, raised eyebrows.

Lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads