2010.11.18 - Hearing on Clarification of DNA Testing

Now that I've read the motion, my first instincts were correct, JB filed another "flawed" motion. The defense was given an inch and IMO they are trying to take a mile, now the inch has been taken away by the JAC, for now.

Does this mean the hearing will take place by telephone in the courthouse at 1:30? I was going to attend!!

Does this mean the hearing will take place by telephone in the courthouse at 1:30? I was going to attend!!

The order states that the defense and JAC will appear via telephone.

The defense requested this hearing, here is the Motion for Clarification, JAC Response and Notice of Hearing:

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...s/Hearing on clarification of DNA Testing.pdf

Thanks nums24 for this link. I am bookmarking this one as my only official motion viewing website now. Because of all the carp JB has pulled with sending motions to media outlets, I only trust this site and what Musikman puts in the doc store. Everything is right there is a neat and orderly fashion and is the courts official record, not what JB wants the media to see.

This link should be a sticky somewhere, it is that good.

Thanks again.

Why does the defense get to appear via telephone? The JAC I could see but why the defense?

Why does the defense get to appear via telephone? The JAC I could see but why the defense?

Because the judge can no longer stand the sight of Baez, and is considering conducting the entire trial via texts if it will keep that clown out of his sight?

Blaise

Maybe because of the 2-3 day notice?

Judge Perry signed the Notice of Hearing on Nov. 15 and it is scheduled for Nov. 18.

HHJP didn't copy the JAC on this order either, but included LKB.

:waitasec: I wonder if it's because Baez didn't include or notify the JAC in that motion and thus they were not present at that hearing regarding the DNA testing of the 2 items but the SAO's were present.

HHJP didn't copy the JAC on this order either, but included LKB.

Yes, HHJP didn't copy the JAC on the original order, as Baez's original motion didn't include the JAC. Baez's original motion also didn't address the specifics of costs to the State of Florida.

I do wonder what may happen, as the JAC is now asking to have HHJP's original order vacated.

I suspect HHJP will grant the JACs motion and have the DNA testing done on those two items in Florida. I was somewhat surprised HHJP at the last hearing did grant the DNA testing could be done in PA.

What I am glad about is JAC is keeping smack on top of this and JB isn't getting away with what he thought he could.

Because the judge can no longer stand the sight of Baez, and is considering conducting the entire trial via texts if it will keep that clown out of his sight?

Blaise

Love it!:dance:

I suspect HHJP will grant the JACs motion and have the DNA testing done on those two items in Florida. I was somewhat surprised HHJP at the last hearing did grant the DNA testing could be done in PA.

What I am glad about is JAC is keeping smack on top of this and JB isn't getting away with what he thought he could.

I was led the believe.....

that the lab in PA was one of few that did "Touch DNA" testing, which is why HHJP let it go through. Better there than Holland.

Now Baez is trying to sneak regular DNA to that same lab.

I think.

I've been wrong before.

So I guess Casey doesn't have to be there if her whole defense team doesn't have to be there? I thought she had to attend all hearings but status hearings. Maybe Baez is afraid of what she would do without the defense there! (That would be a hoot to watch though, Casey and no defense team to coddle her).

Weird, so this is all by phone? I guess it won't be televised? I'm rather confused about it...

Isn't this the defense's motion? And they don't have to show up to argue it? I wonder if Baez will be in his pajamas...

I was led the believe.....

that the lab in PA was one of few that did "Touch DNA" testing, which is why HHJP let it go through. Better there than Holland.

Now Baez is trying to sneak regular DNA to that same lab.

I think.

I've been wrong before.

rbbm: This is how I read it too. Oh well, I have been wrong before too, so I will be in good company with you if we are both wrong! :dance:

rbbm: This is how I read it too. Oh well, I have been wrong before too, so I will be in good company with you if we are both wrong! :dance:

You bring the chips, and I'll bring the beer. If we go down, we deserve to go down in *style!*

:D

Blaise

laughmouth.gif

Maybe because of the 2-3 day notice?

Judge Perry signed the Notice of Hearing on Nov. 15 and it is scheduled for Nov. 18.

Maybe HHJP doesn't have the time to listen to Baez blither on like he does in the court room? This judge seems to be all about money management but even more so about time management with the defense team. He doesn't want Baez to have any excuses for not getting things done - and he constantly reminds the defense team they can do things on the phone and by Skype. Maybe he's just taking his own advice and expediting this process the fastest way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back