The Two Faces of Terri Horman:Hinky Meter

matou

#los2188
Reaction score
Valhall's new blog post on the Hinky Meter includes some comments from Nov 16th where Terri Horman's facebook statements are contradictory to the emails she sent to friends about 2 months before Kyron went missing. In her facebook comments, Terri admits to spending a lot of her time on gaming and playing a game called World of Warcraft, as well as some other surprising statements. We are able to discuss this blog post here as well as the facebook comments referred to in this blog post.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/11/17/kyron-horman-case-the-two-faces-of-terri/

How funny! I have that exact blog post open on the other tab and just finished reading it about 60 seconds ago!

eta: also, yep, it follows what people are writing about in the other thread re: extreme hatred, etc., and Terri making things look different on the outside than they really are.

The comparison between the recenly published email and what she was writing on her FB are compelling. Will the real Terri please stand up?!!

I was just reading about WoW (World of Warcraft) am I'm shocked that she was playing that since I associate that type of game with teenage boys but then again I hate video games. This type of game requires payment: from [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft"]Wikipedia[/ame]
"World of Warcraft requires the player to pay for a subscription, either by buying prepaid game cards for a selected amount of playing time, or by using a credit or debit card to pay on a regular basis."

JMO but why is she blowing her cash on video games and complaining about money?

The comparison between the recenly published email and what she was writing on her FB are compelling. Will the real Terri please stand up?!!

bbm

I believe that would require honesty, integrity & human compassion...of which I have not seen ANY demonstrated by Terri Horman.

She definitely presents two faces. I hope no one sees this post as me tooting my own horn, but I was fooled by her facebook for the first 24 hours after Kyron went missing. Then I read it over and over again, and things really started popping out at me.

My post on June 5, 2010, 2:52 PM Central:

I just went back on Kyron's stepmom's facebook all the way to the day she joined. There is NO indication at all that she would have had anything to do with this. She is VERY involved in Kyron's life. She is a teacher herself... she took time off to be with the children after the birth of Kyron's little sister. She is very active in Kyron's life, takes him to swimming lessons, participates as a room mother in his class, loves him as her own. Refers to him as her son.

I've seen no mention whatsoever of his real mother. I wonder what that situation is. It appears that the real mother has no visitation or anything... if she's alive. I don't know anything about Kyron's history before his stepmom came into his life, but by all indications, I don't see how he could have had a happier home life with anyone. She is pretty much the mom every child should have. And she truly loves him.

REally really hoping that this child is found!

As I had more time, I really dove into her FB and found things that raised my alarm about her. (Emma, remember my PhD in Hormanology? Ha.) By day two of Kyron going missing, I posted this:

Keep in mind that Terri says that she will talk when she can, that the media reports are errant, but she's appointing "liaisons" to speak for her, and one if them is her mother.

Conflicting statements from Terri's mother regarding WHEN the project was set up:

They arrived sometime after the school opened about 8 a.m., went to his classroom, dropped off his coat and backpack and he showed his stepmother his exhibit, "The Red-Eyed Tree Frog."

vs.

"He was so excited about his science project," said Carol Moulton, Horman's mother and Kyron's grandmother. "They had worked on it together. He was anxious to take it to school and show it off."

My understanding from previous articles was that kids got to school early that morning (8:00) so that they could have their projects set up before school began (8:45).

So, if Terri brought Kyron and his project to school that morning (which would make sense--that's a bulky project to load onto a crowded school bus, as big as it is, and carrying the diorama and a backpack, too), then why did she not plan to pick him and his project up that afternoon? Was he expected to bring home the project that he obviously couldn't alone take to school on the school bus that morning? Why wasn't she at school that afternoon to help him take down the project?

All other projects are gone in the photo of the class room that afternoon. How was this child expected to transport that huge display without any help? I understand that it would fold up, but the diorama wouldn't, and the backboard is as tall as Kyron is.

This just doesn't fit, considering the type of helicopter mother that Terri had been heretofore--that she wouldn't see Kyron to his room, and that she wouldn't be at school to help dismantle the project and give him a ride home.

NOT accusing Terri, just looking at inconsistencies.

I wonder where she watches CSI, Dexter, etc. She claims that there are no TVs in her house.

This is what first made me start to wonder about her:

May 21: T. claims she went to the daycare at the gym to pick up her daughter, and a "seven-year-old" was shutting the door to the play area where the baby was, which made her fall down and cry. She says that the kid was "smirking" until she hopped over the gate and got in the kid's face about how to treat little kids.

Her story has more embellishment, but when I saw "seven-year-old," I immediately wondered if it was her stepson and if there might be some problems at home with Kyron acting out against the baby.

Just thinking out loud.

So yeah, on the surface, you see a loving mother who seems to dote on her kids. But as you peel back the thin veil, you see a mother who favored one child over the other, who lied for appearance sake, who had anger issues. I admit I was fooled in the beginning...gave her the benefit of a doubt, but as I read more and more of her facebook, noted the snarky comments about Kyron, noted how everything with her seemed to be hollow--I looked at it again and began to see the other side of this woman.

Great post Puf, in fact a keeper for reference. xox

She definitely presents two faces. I hope no one sees this post as me tooting my own horn, but I was fooled by her facebook for the first 24 hours after Kyron went missing. Then I read it over and over again, and things really started popping out at me.

My post on June 5, 2010, 2:52 PM Central:

As I had more time, I really dove into her FB and found things that raised my alarm about her. (Emma, remember my PhD in Hormanology? Ha.) By day two of Kyron going missing, I posted this:

So yeah, on the surface, you see a loving mother who seems to dote on her kids. But as you peel back the thin veil, you see a mother who favored one child over the other, who lied for appearance sake, who had anger issues. I admit I was fooled in the beginning...gave her the benefit of a doubt, but as I read more and more of her facebook, noted the snarky comments about Kyron, noted how everything with her seemed to be hollow--I looked at it again and began to see the other side of this woman.

That's a pretty typical alcoholic trait...make everything look good on the outside.

Think of how many people you know that have problems, and how many people don't know that they do. Alcoholics may be in some form of denial about their how severe their problem is or how it is affecting their family, but on many levels they know the shame and stigma that is associated with it.

Not 100% conscious...but most will cover their tracts and overcompensate to maintain the illusion that their problem is not really a problem. In fact more often than not, because they are trying so hard to look as though they are doing a good job, they make themselves completely unbelievable to those of us that are still firmly in touch with reality.

That's a pretty typical alcoholic trait...make everything look good on the outside.

Think of how many people you know that have problems, and how many people don't know that they do. Alcoholics may be in some form of denial about their how severe their problem is or how it is affecting their family, but on many levels they know the shame and stigma that is associated with it.

Not 100% conscious...but most will cover their tracts and overcompensate to maintain the illusion that their problem is not really a problem. In fact more often than not, because they are trying so hard to look as though they are doing a good job, they make themselves completely unbelievable to those of us that are still firmly in touch with reality.

I agree with you 100% - especially after watching some of those hoarder shows. People who look completely normal on the outside and yet, their house is a mess on the inside (metaphor intended..:) )

Maybe... but it also may be the pathological liar side of her.

Saying that she doesn't have a TV all the while claiming that CSI and Dexter are her favorite shows, AND having photos of her FB of a big-screen LCD TV hanging on the wall.

Why lie? Who cares if she has TV or not?

Maybe... but it also may be the pathological liar side of her.

Saying that she doesn't have a TV all the while claiming that CSI and Dexter are her favorite shows, AND having photos of her FB of a big-screen LCD TV hanging on the wall.

Why lie? Who cares if she has TV or not?

I watch my fav shows that I have listed on fb on youtube :biglaugh:

we only have a tv for dvd's, we dont pay for tv licence because we dont watch tv and they told me they come and check from outside and it's a huge fine if we're caught :blushing: only we're nevr caught cause we really never watch.

Hasn't it been said that Kaine also played WOW.

Yeah, and J. too. Can't link this, though, because it's based on Terri's FB before it was made private.

I can't help feeling that if she did all that housework, all that yardwork, all that volunteering, all that facebooking, all that computer gaming, all that gym training she must have had a few more hours to her day than I do. Particularly if she spent a significant part of her time passed out on the couch.

I was just reading about WoW (World of Warcraft) am I'm shocked that she was playing that since I associate that type of game with teenage boys but then again I hate video games. This type of game requires payment: from Wikipedia
"World of Warcraft requires the player to pay for a subscription, either by buying prepaid game cards for a selected amount of playing time, or by using a credit or debit card to pay on a regular basis."

I agree with you, but it's not just teenage boys. My husband and I also play WOW. Just wanted to point that out. Also, it's only $15 bucks on month, hardly blowing cash on it. You do have to buy the download for the game, and my husband got the Collector's Edition for both us, so that was more expensive, but it's a one time buy. I guess if you're spending a lot of money in the online WOW store, that can get out hand. That'd be the only way I can see someone blowing money in an online MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game).

Buying video games can get quite expensive as well, especially new games (60 bucks a pop or a lot more if it's one of those Collector's edition games). I do get your point though. She can't complain about not having money if she's spending it in ways she shouldn't be. If we were tight on money, we'd cancel our WOW accounts. Gaming is not more important than staying financially afloat, especially not in this economy.

It would be really sad if she was choosing WOW over the welfare of her herself and her children.

If Kaine is correct, the drinking is only the tip of the iceberg, and not the main problem. He believes that there is a personality disorder.

FR: I'm afraid she already has. I really wish she wouldn't have.

I was just reading about WoW (World of Warcraft) am I'm shocked that she was playing that since I associate that type of game with teenage boys but then again I hate video games. This type of game requires payment: from Wikipedia

I think many (if not most) of us blow our cash on something frivolous but still can complain about money. Well, at least I do!

Erm I am a 41 year old female and play World of Warcraft. My husband is 44. In my guild alone there are 8 females..all over 20. We have a 50 year old guy in our guild..and one of our members father in law plays who is 68 years of age. From my experience as a guild leader due to the fact that this game has been out 5 years or so now..a lot really arent teenagers who play it now. And yes commonly the money is deducted once a month for the subscription.

Incidentally..i can say one thing....one thing i hate about wow when a guy finds out your female..they can change towards you and think cause your female your fair game..and i do wonder if Terri ever took advantage of that.

Erm I am a 41 year old female and play World of Warcraft. My husband is 44. In my guild alone there are 8 females..all over 20. We have a 50 year old guy in our guild..and one of our members father in law plays who is 68 years of age. From my experience as a guild leader due to the fact that this game has been out 5 years or so now..a lot really arent teenagers who play it now. And yes commonly the money is deducted once a month for the subscription.

Incidentally..i can say one thing....one thing i hate about wow when a guy finds out your female..they can change towards you and think cause your female your fair game..and i do wonder if Terri ever took advantage of that.

This is very interesting, FTK. By fair game, do you mean that they think you're available sexually?

Terri met with members of her guild, I think, because she had a photo in her FB of her with other WOW members.

I really don't know much about this game and am glad that you are here to explain some of it to us. Might be worthy of a thread if you have time sometime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back