IN - Tracie Shannon, 25, & Juliana Carlisle, 9 mos, slain, Lawrence, 19 Sept 2010

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
mom.jpg

Mom was smothered, bably alive when set afire
Father arrested; court document cites anger about paternity test
A 25-year-old mother was smothered before her infant daughter and her Lawrence apartment were set on fire, a court document said.
Such graphic details are part of the probable-cause affidavit released Tuesday in the case against a Lawrence man who has been arrested and charged with setting a fire and killing his ex-girlfriend and their infant daughter.
More...

Police arrest dad in fatal arson of ex-girlfriend,infant
The Lawrence Police Department arrested a man Monday in connection with the deaths of a mother and her 9-month-old child in a Sept. 19 apartment fire . The man was the mother’s ex-boyfriend and the child’s father.
More... video included...

Man who killed Ex, infant didn't want to pay child support
Video...

Death penalty considered for man accused of killing woman, igniting baby
Prosecutor Carl Brizzi says he's considering seeking the death penalty against a Lawrence man who's accused of killing his ex-girlfriend and then setting her and their infant daughter on fire.
Joshwa Carlisle, 22, has been charged with two counts of murder and one count of arson in connection with the Sept. 19 blaze in the woman's Lawrence apartment. He appeared in Marion Superior Court this morning for his initial hearing.
More...

Dad speaks out about daughters fiery death
A family member related to the victims of a gruesome apartment arson that killed a woman and her baby spoke to 24-Hour News 8 on Tuesday.
Tracie Shannon and her 9-month-old baby, Juliana, died in the September blaze at the Hunt Club Apartments in Lawrence. Police arrested the woman's ex-boyfriend and the baby's father, 22-year-old Joshwa Carlisle for the crime.
More... Video included...

How could anyone do that? How could you look at a child, anyone's child, let alone your own, spray them with an accelerant and set them on fire? To say nothing of murdering that child's mother?

Oh yes, I support the death penalty. You can't fix that kind of evil.

I hope there is a special place in hell for these types of people.

How horrible!

I'd like to see this story plastered on every stall in every bathroom in every bar with the additional words "THINK BEFORE SEX"

Well, it looks like the DP is being considered...

Brizzi: Man may face death penalty in slayings
Prosecutor Carl Brizzi says he's considering seeking the death penalty against a Lawrence man accused of killing his ex-girlfriend and then setting her and their infant daughter on fire.
Joshwa Carlisle, 22, has been charged with two counts of murder and one count of arson in the Sept. 19 blaze that killed Tracie Shannon and her 9-month-old daughter Juliana in a Lawrence apartment.
More...

Thank you Ima, I would hope the DP would be under consideration. To subdue mom by smothering her, set a fire and walk away to let your child burn to death so you won't get stuck paying child support is a special sort of heinous.

Isn't this baby just adorable? Its so hard to imagine this guy walking into her room and setting her on fire :cry:

baby.jpg

I can't look at that chubby little sweetie without crying. To leave her there, helpless, alone, screaming, crying,

I need some soup.

Yes, adorable and her little tshirt says "i love daddy". Wow, they need swift justice for this monster.

Isn't this baby just adorable? Its so hard to imagine this guy walking into her room and setting her on fire :cry:

baby.jpg

Such a beautiful little girl. Look at her little shirt: "I love daddy." How sad.

It is inconceivable to me that anyone, much less her daddy, could look at that tiny, helpless baby and squirt her with an accelerator and set her on fire. This man must not have a heart, he must be so cold, so dead inside to do such a thing.

Precious little one, I am so glad to know that her suffering is over, to know that she will never feel pain again, and to know that she is with her mommy.

I hope his life is ended to same way, set on fire! Coward!!! All because he didn't want to pay child support. I wonder why men commits such disgusting acts, when they should have used protection. God the pain she must have felt. I don't even want to think.

RIP sweet angel & mommy :(

What a Monster.How could he burn her alive? I hope justice is done swiftly.I hope everyday in H3LL, the devil lights him on fire for eternity!She is a beautiful little girl who deserved to live her life, and so did her mother.RIP

You know, when you compare this to the price of a condom, it really is unbelievable!

Salem

PS - I hope he frys too! The electric chair would be too good for him.

Just when you think you can't hear anything worse....

RIP sweet one and mommy. With all the horrible news lately, I don't want to leave my house anymore. The world has become so evil :(

Mel

From June 2012:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/man-found-not-guilty-in-killing-of-girlfriend-daughter

A Marion County judge handed down a not-guilty verdict Wednesday in the case of a man charged in the killing of his girlfriend and 9-month-old daughter.

Prosecutors had built a case against Joshwa Carlisle, 23, based on circumstantial evidence because of a lack of physical evidence...

Judge Mark Stoner said there is a special place in hell reserved for the person who killed Shannon and the child, but that based on the evidence, he could not find Carlisle guilty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back