Willow and Bristol Palin post slurs and profanity on FB

Status
Not open for further replies.
WP is a 16 year old kid. She should be protected from this type of coverage IMO.

While I don't agree with how she handled herself, she acted like a lot of 16 year olds act on FB I'm afraid.

Bristol is fair game because she is an adult and has put her self out into the public with DWTS. But WP should be protected just as any other minor IMO.

JMO

Typical teenagers for the most part..aghhh...no one would bat an eye at this is their mother wasn't a politician. Anyone who is actually surprised by the language hasn't a clue what goes on with teenagers. Not saying it's right but hey, it is what it is.

It's only news of any type because it's Palin's kid.

I do wonder how HP got away with publishing this since Willow is a minor. Is it because she is considered a public figure by being on the reality show?

I'll betcha one thing.....Mama Grizz is probably administering some punishment to her cubs.....as any mother would. Well, I would anyway. My son is 24 and I admonish him about certain posts on his FB page, we are FB friends. All kids use poor judgement at times. I always remind him that his behavior is a reflection on his parents.

MOO wm

It's really sad. I never would have dreamed of using gay slurs when I was a kid. Even then I knew it was crossing a line just like the "n" word. A 16 year old should be expected to display a lot more self restraint rather than to fall back on such base instincts and crude behavior. This would be a great opportunity for the Palins to use their celebrity to speak out against the perpetuation of such pejorative speech. I also hear the words "*advertiser censored*" and "retarded" being bandied about very casually in speech. Every opportunity I get I call people out on it. Teaching civil discourse begins at home. If kids can't conduct themselves respectfully in a public venue such as facebook, then they don't deserve the opportunity to perpetuate their ignorance in such venues. Pay attention to what your kids are doing!!!!

Not only are the sexual slurs sad, but so are the comments about weight. Is this really what it's all about in teen world? Amazing that any of us made it out.

Sad to say but the "that's so gay" and "you're so gay" is very common right now amung teens. I hear it quite often from teens I know. My DD is 13 and knows better to say it in front of me and I hope she does not say it behind my back.

But, I have several teens on my FB friends list and I can tell you, I see "homework is so gay" and "my phone is gay, won't let me get texts" or "lol, you're so gay".

Like I said it's horrible, but it is BIG time slang right now. I have a 19 year old nephew that says it ALL THE TIME and it really irks me.

Sad to say but the "that's so gay" and "you're so gay" is very common right now amung teens. I hear it quite often from teens I know. My DD is 13 and knows better to say it in front of me and I hope she does not say it behind my back.

But, I have several teens on my FB friends list and I can tell you, I see "homework is so gay" and "my phone is gay, won't let me get texts" or "lol, you're so gay".

Like I said it's horrible, but it is BIG time slang right now. I have a 19 year old nephew that says it ALL THE TIME and it really irks me.

I think this is much ado about political correctness.

Who cares?

To be honest, I wasn't sure whether to place this here or in the bullying forum, since bullying on social sites seems to be a trend among our young these days. I chose this forum since the content of the posts were in regards to the entertainment shows.

Personally, i wish SP had chosen not to include/exploit her kids on a reality show. I don't agree with Kate Gosselin doing it or Octomom exploiting her brood but that is just MOO. Now the kids are in the limelight and their childish actions are going to be scrutinized.

Just a reminder for you all that this is not a political discussion about SP so let's not go there. thanks.

wm

When I was a kid 'gay' meant 'happy'! I am dating myself, LOL!

To be honest, I wasn't sure whether to place this here or in the bullying forum, since bullying on social sites seems to be a trend among our young these days. I chose this forum since the content of the posts were in regards to the entertainment shows.

Personally, i wish SP had chosen not to include/exploit her kids on a reality show. I don't agree with Kate Gosselin doing it or Octomom exploiting her brood but that is just MOO. Now the kids are in the limelight and their childish actions are going to be scrutinized.

Just a reminder for you all that this is not a political discussion about SP so let's not go there. thanks.

wm
Of course it ends up being a political discussion about SP....it would be a complete non story otherwise.

I agree. How could it not be political when she is "famous" because her mom is a political figure.

JMO

Of course it ends up being a political discussion about SP....it would be a complete non story otherwise.

Charlie, My previous post was not directed towards you. Your post appeared after my posting the reminder. Just didn't want you thinking I was hating on you:)

If it does indeed become a political discussion, it should be moved downstairs to the private political forum. Thanks. wm

Charlie, My previous post was not directed towards you. Your post appeared after my posting the reminder. Just didn't want you thinking I was hating on you:)

If it does indeed become a political discussion, it should be moved downstairs to the private political forum. Thanks. wm

There is a Sarah Palin thread down there if it needs to be moved/merged.

Thanks Kimberly! I will send a pm to Salem to see about moving it. wm

ETA Ok I sent the pm to Salem. I just don't wish for any of us (or myself) to be in trouble. We can discuss more openly downstairs in the private forums.

I just realized that Kimster is a mod on this thread so I forwarded the original pm to Salem to Kimster. Hopefully someone will help. Duh! I shoulda checked the bottom of the page before sending to Salem.

Thanks everyone!

Okay guys - you don't look so off topic to me. But, I am not a mod in this thread so we will have to wait for Kimster to check in, see what she thinks and move the thread if necessary.

Just remember not to use the names of any minor children, okay?

Salem

You took the words right out of my mouth. I work in the school system and "that's so gay" is the latest craze in insults. I am constantly telling them to stop. The same with "*advertiser censored*". I hate that word. I hear adults use it more than kids for some reason.

I am curious if any of you were able to watch the show Sarah Palins Alaska?
And if so what are your thoughts?
Do you agree with the young man who set off the ugliness on FB by saying it was failing? I wasn't able to watch but did see some snippets from one of the entertainment shows. Alaska has some beautiful scenery, although I am prejudiced to the beauty of Montana, my fav place to fly fish. I know one thing, I wouldn't have the guts to climb a glacier like SP. I rappelled once and it scared the dickens out of me!

I am also curious as to your opinions of Bristol's performance on DWTS? Although she has consistantly improved each week, there have been some surprises this season, IMO.

I must sign out for awhile so please remember TOS and Salem's advice until Kimster is able to review the thread. BBL.

MOO

wm

I hope the thread is merged with the SP thread in the PP. I'm having a hard time keeping up with/discussing this in both threads.
:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member