Make sure to check your car engine for snakes.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

Woman Finds Snake in Car Engine
Animal Control extracts a 10 foot boa constrictor in Lancaster
By ERIN RICHARDS
Updated 12:30 PM PST, Thu, Nov 18, 2010

A woman in Lancaster found a snake under her car that was wrapped around her engine Wednesday.

After shopping, the woman saw the tail of the 10-foot boa constrictor underneath her car...

Link

Big Snake Pried Off Car Engine By 2 Men
Posted: 5:09 pm EST November 8, 2009Updated: 11:56 pm EST November 8, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- It took wildlife management services workers more than two hours to coax a six-foot boa constrictor from the engine area of a car.

The snake slithered across a yard on Atrium Circle in Pine Hills around 1:45pm Saturday then made a beeline for the vehicle.

The car's owner, John Capo, witnessed the snake go toward his Nissan Maxima. When Capo lifted the hood, he saw it resting on the engine. Suddenly, the snake slithered beneath the engine and coiled itself around a hose....

My mechanic (since retired) opened the hood of a car for a customer one time because the customer was complaining the car was running really rough and when he lifted the hood a squirrel jumped out and scared the poopy out of him. Evidently squirrels like to chew on the wires.

:eek: Thanks for the warning's Steely! Not that I'm going to look in my car engine or under my car. Petrified of snakes. :nerves:

Just a few years ago, I had the terrifiying experience of seeing a snake in my basement. It turned out to be a little "garden snake", but I'm sure my screams were loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear!

If I ever was that close to a boa constrictor....I'd either run for my life, or more likely just pass out. :chicken:

:eek: Thanks for the warning's Steely! Not that I'm going to look in my car engine or under my car. Petrified of snakes. :nerves:

Just a few years ago, I had the terrifiying experience of seeing a snake in my basement. It turned out to be a little "garden snake", but I'm sure my screams were loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear!

If I ever was that close to a boa constrictor....I'd either run for my life, or more likely just pass out. :chicken:

What she said!

:crazy:You two crack me up.

Hey, I know a few people I'd like to put a snake under their engine.:angel:Not to hurt the snake of course, but to scare the bajeppers out of them.

Man, Florida. They have all kinds of reptile stuff going on down there. Gotta gate the cars too I guess.

This happened to us a few years ago. There was an extra cord in the car engine that turned out to be no cord after all. It was a small snake and a harmless species but it was very hard to get out of there.

I am not afraid of snakes like I am spiders.I will admit to NEVER going to the bathroom in the dark though.I have heard of snakes being inside of toilets.....damn that!

Im pretty new to Fl. Last month I found a dead smelling snake directly behind my car on the driveway. I called the landlord and he come down and got it, but I dont understand how it got there. Im sure I would have seen it pulling into the drive way. Some think a large bird had it, and he dropped it. omg!!!! Now I have to watch the sky as well?

Im pretty new to Fl. Last month I found a dead smelling snake directly behind my car on the driveway. I called the landlord and he come down and got it, but I dont understand how it got there. Im sure I would have seen it pulling into the drive way. Some think a large bird had it, and he dropped it. omg!!!! Now I have to watch the sky as well?

Don't be lookin up when birds are flying above!!!!:eek:

Don't be lookin up when birds are flying above!!!!:eek:

:floorlaugh:

Don't be lookin up when birds are flying by for a much more common reason IMO

splat

:floorlaugh:

Don't be lookin up when birds are flying by for a much more common reason IMO

splat

I didn't even have to look up when I got the splat! I live in an apartment building that's very near the lake so our parking lot is constantly swarmed by gulls, I was changing my brakes one Saturday morning and SPLAT!! Right down the back of my neck!

And as far as snakes go... NO THANKS! My father painted target lines with points (5pts, 10pts,....) along the side of his barn for when he mows the lawn just so he could target practice.

aw. poor lil snakes.

If I were to come out and find a ten foot boa hangin off my car I would take him home! (but only if I could get ahold of my hubby to make sure he would build me an enclosure for it)

I have always wanted to take one half of a room and build a massive constrictor encluser made of reinforced plexiglass.

yeah, I know, I'm not your average gal.

aw. poor lil snakes.

If I were to come out and find a ten foot boa hangin off my car I would take him home! (but only if I could get ahold of my hubby to make sure he would build me an enclosure for it)

I have always wanted to take one half of a room and build a massive constrictor encluser made of reinforced plexiglass.

yeah, I know, I'm not your average gal.

oh, I couldn't do it.. I'm a rough and tumbly girl at heart but I tell you what.. snakes and spiders will get you a view of the lace on my undies... (and not in any good way...) I've picked up almost everything that crawls and lurks in the woodpiles up here in Central NY, but snakes I just can't do... not even lil itty bitty tiny grass snakes... I don't know what it is... but seriously... snakes freak me the H3ll out. I've tried. I swear. I just can't.

And if I found one in my car or wrapped around my engine... there'd be a listing on craigslist so freakin fast... "USED CAR, EXCELLENT CONDITION, FREE PET SNAKE WITH REASONABLE OFFER!!!!!!"

oh, I couldn't do it.. I'm a rough and tumbly girl at heart but I tell you what.. snakes and spiders will get you a view of the lace on my undies... (and not in any good way...) I've picked up almost everything that crawls and lurks in the woodpiles up here in Central NY, but snakes I just can't do... not even lil itty bitty tiny grass snakes... I don't know what it is... but seriously... snakes freak me the H3ll out. I've tried. I swear. I just can't.

And if I found one in my car or wrapped around my engine... there'd be a listing on craigslist so freakin fast... "USED CAR, EXCELLENT CONDITION, FREE PET SNAKE WITH REASONABLE OFFER!!!!!!"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGJVA6pKWpw[/ame]

Aaaahhh...snakes!!! Why?! WHY?!!

(okay, yeah, I freak out about snakes a little bit)

I saw a snake crawl up into the underside of my car once a couple of years ago! My car was parked a few feet from our front gate and I had seen the snake - a cotton mouth - near the gate and stepped back inside the house to get a gun. I came out of the door just in time to see that the snake had crawled under my car so I couldn't shoot at it. I waited for it to crawl out from under the car and instead it crawled up onto part of the exhaust near the engine. I didn't know what to do. I finally gave up waiting for it to come out and went back inside. I was terrified to drive my car again. Finally after a few days, I took one of those little mirrors on a telescopic pole and looked all under the vehicle and couldn't see anything so I concluded it must have left and started driving the vehicle again although I was a little scared every time I got in the car.

A few days later, I had to stop abruptly to avoid hitting a dog that ran out in front of me. When I did, an umbrella I kept behind the front seat slid thru to the front floorboard and touched my heel and I almost had a nervous breakdown thinking it was that snake coming out to get me!

I thought of trading in the car, but I guess I finally got over my fear - still it's been over 2 years and the thought of it still creeps me out from time to time!

I saw a snake crawl up into the underside of my car once a couple of years ago! My car was parked a few feet from our front gate and I had seen the snake - a cotton mouth - near the gate and stepped back inside the house to get a gun. I came out of the door just in time to see that the snake had crawled under my car so I couldn't shoot at it. I waited for it to crawl out from under the car and instead it crawled up onto part of the exhaust near the engine. I didn't know what to do. I finally gave up waiting for it to come out and went back inside. I was terrified to drive my car again. Finally after a few days, I took one of those little mirrors on a telescopic pole and looked all under the vehicle and couldn't see anything so I concluded it must have left and started driving the vehicle again although I was a little scared every time I got in the car.

A few days later, I had to stop abruptly to avoid hitting a dog that ran out in front of me. When I did, an umbrella I kept behind the front seat slid thru to the front floorboard and touched my heel and I almost had a nervous breakdown thinking it was that snake coming out to get me!

I thought of trading in the car, but I guess I finally got over my fear - still it's been over 2 years and the thought of it still creeps me out from time to time!

I'd have called animal control, and you must be one hell of a shot to hit a slithering snake!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BossJoss
Back