Is This a Ghost in a Savannah Cemetary?

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Linkage

To me it just looks like a real kid running ahead of his family because when he falls out of the tree it appears the woman pushing the stroller stops to see if he's ok. It definitely is a real kid. JMO

I couldn't tell if the child was wearing dated clothes or disappeared, it was too grainy for me, but there are some people who like oldfashioned clothes to wear every day and people who wear them occasionally to celebrate a historical fair or something (or to fake a ghost video) and it seems rather easy for a child to disappear out of sight at a cemetery full of headstones that are higher than a child. Not sure why we should think that this was a dead child.

Our local news (Fox 8 in Cleveland) spent a week, really hyping up this story. When we watched it, my husband and I were surprised (and disappointed) at the footage. We wanted to see a real ghost!

Just moved from the Savannah area, been to this cemetary. This is close to the old hangmans square. They say while visiting a house with suspected ghost it's like an electrical charge, an energy field from the spirit of the person.

If they woosh by, you might feel goosebumps and a chill on the back of your neck.

There are many, many squares in Savannah. The strange thing about the hangmans square is it's the only square in Savannah that does not grow moss off the oak trees there.

I just watched the video several times, and the kid jumps sideways and up onto the side of the tree- a real kid couldn't do that! It didn't look to me like anyone stopped when he fell out of the tree. I can't believe the guy recording didn't go closer to investigate, to talk to the people that were walking past. That could have totally either explained it or proved it!

I just watched the video several times, and the kid jumps sideways and up onto the side of the tree- a real kid couldn't do that! It didn't look to me like anyone stopped when he fell out of the tree. I can't believe the guy recording didn't go closer to investigate, to talk to the people that were walking past. That could have totally either explained it or proved it!

That frustrates me also, I wish he had looked for the boy or spoken to the women with the pram...

Call me crazy but I think it may be real. The kid does jump sideways or upward to the tree and what real child could do that. I also didnt notice anyone paying attention to him or even noticing him.

I didn't see anyone looking for a small child behind him.
I must watch again...........child all dressed in 1 color???
To climb up the tree so fast, fall down and then do not see anything again.
I have been to Savanannah and it is spooky in some places.

something definitely goes up into the tree and back down, but is it a child? How about a bird that got spooked when the child ran past?

When I saw that leap sideways onto the tree and then the pause and the jump down the hair on my arms stood on end.

I can't say that is a ghost, but I will say it was pretty creepy.

I too wish the kid with the camera had gone over and checked out the tree and the area the figure - child - whatever was running in.

It didn't look to me like the people on the path went to help the child but more like one of them (the one behind the pram pusher) did a quick doubletake in the figure's direction, as if they saw movement from the corner of their eye or something.

For me, possible but for sure not conclusive.

It looks strange, it's something I would need to watch a few times without all of the crap they kept showing during it.

It did look like the "ghost" fell out of the tree though.

I must have no imagination- I did not think it was a ghost
at all but a small child running.

Thanks Kat for the video too. That makes me feel better.

Goz

I must have no imagination- I did not think it was a ghost
at all but a small child running.

Thanks Kat for the video too. That makes me feel better.

Goz

I also just saw a child running. He disappears for a time behind a gravestone, then reappears, walking, when the family catches up. Don't know what is going on with the tree. Squirrels? Leaves? Branches? I'm definitely not convinced it's a ghost.

Why does the girl in the news video say the boy wears old-fashioned clothes? It's too grainy and blurry to see anything but a kid running.

I remember hearing a ghost expert on C2C saying that cemeteries don't have lots of ghosts. His reasoning, which makes sense to me, is that nobody dies in a cemetery. If you want to find ghosts go to a hospital.

I worked at the hospital Rod Serling died in. I never saw anything that would creep me out but supposedly some people claimed to have seen the ghost of a little girl.

Call me crazy but I think it may be real. The kid does jump sideways or upward to the tree and what real child could do that. I also didnt notice anyone paying attention to him or even noticing him.

I agree. Kids don't jump up trees like that, and not a bleep on the radar from those close by.

I think it's real.

MOO

Mel

Man, I LOVE stuff like this...unfortunately, Ill have to wait until I get home to a different computer to look at video. I cant wait:)

According to the video in Kat's link, the object going up into the tree is a rake or some such and what falls down is spanish moss that the yard man has cleaned from the tree.

I don't believe in ghosts myself, but Kat's link is great - a reasonable explaination for the series of events on the tape. They even say that they don't believe the tape is a hoax, just a misunderstanding.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back